20 Super Mario Bros. 3 -v- Mass Effect 2 105

?

• SMB3

• ME2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png

MassEffect2_cover.PNG

Mass Effect probably stands no chance here, but it's my favourite game so I have to stand by it. Super Mario III is a terrific game, and one of the most nostalgic games ever, but Mass Effect was a very ambitious game I felt in terms of voice acting, sheer dialogue options, and storytelling, and ME II just improved on all those things. It's just a case of valuing the ambition of ME II over the nostalgic and excellent gameplay of Super Mario Bros III, but I can see how one could vote the other way.

Super Mario 3 all the way. I voted for it because it's better than Mass Effect 2 in every single way. Whether that be for its gameplay, graphics (for its time), music, or the huge nostalgia factor. I don't understand what people think was so great about Mass Effect 2. I did not like those games. Mario 3 on the other hand introduced us to several new abilities and characters for Mario still in use today. The map system allowed for slightly less linear gameplay which was pretty unheard of for a platformer 20+ years ago. Then there's the fact that it is one of the best sellers of all time. Mario deserves to move on here.

I hated the Mass Effect series. I hated the story, I hated the cover system, and I hated all the choices I was given even though that is supposed to be the best part of the series. I never had fun while I was playing the game. Gears of War 2 really honed the cover system and I feel that Mass Effect did quite a shitty job with it. Mario on the other hand was just amazing. I don't even need to provide an argument on why it is amazing. Mario is much more fun than Mass Effect 2 so it gets my vote.

I'll defend Mass Effect 2 and the series in general to the death.

I'll just say that to me, Mass Effect is one of the greatest stories in video games and is one of the deepest universes outside of Star Wars. A lot of people hate on the combat and while agree other games have better combat systems, this one worked for me. The game's strong point isn't intended to be it's combat though, it's strong point is it's awesome story, deep universe, and some of the best side-characters in any game. Each character has it's own unique and interesting personality and it's own detailed and emotional stories. In Mass Effect 2 getting to know these characters deepest secrets becomes a crucial part of the final mission. I don't know there just aren't many games that I would put above Mass Effect 2.

I'll take nothing away from Super Mario Bros. 3 as it is my second favorite of all Mario games. It probably deserves to go over Mass Effect 2 and most likely it will. I'm just throwing out some love for one of the best games of this console generation imo.

I actually am in the love Mass Effect group, and mass effect 2 is great. But, at the same time, Super Mario Bros 3 was epic. It did so much for the Mario franchise. I mean, the first bros. was good, and it holds a lot of value as far as being legendary, but in my eyes, 3 made mario for me. I mean, the first one was run, jump, shoot, run, jump, shoot. then after a while it was, run, jump, shoot get to the second level, jump into that warp tunnel to get as far as I could, run around, till I get to the next warp tunnel (I don't remember exactly which ones but you could warp all the way to just about the end.) 2 was..... horrible, to me atleast. But 3 brought in flying and turning into a statue, and a frog, and a boot, and a whole lot of other stuff that doesn't sound that fun now that I'm typing them, but when you play it it just works, in the mario makes everything he does work, kinda way. And you could also warp to the end with the two flutes, but most of the time, I didn't want to.

I love you mass effect 2, but Mario 3 gets it. Mario 3 is like when you meet a hot chick. On the first date, you enjoy it, and you know she's super hot, but she tries to hold back some, because she has an image to uphold, date 2 is decent, but worse then the first one, because you don't want to mess it up, and your expectations are higher now. But Date three is the day when she freaks you off something proper and has you sprung for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back