33 The World Ends With You -v - Shining force II 96

?

• TWEWY

• Shining Force II

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg

Two great JPRGs, two very different eras. It's old school v the new cool. Who wins? You decide!

Shining_Force_II.jpg

Shining Force was a game that got me hooked for reasons I knew now. I played them all the way through, without ever realizing exactly why. TWEWY never appealed to me, and I got frustrated with the first part of it and quit because I wanted to do something else. So Shining Force it is.

"The old school vs. the New Cool" is the perfect way of putting this. I game Shining Force II a spin yesterday when I was in an RPG mood and it really is a fantastic game. Battles, monsters, heroes, it has the cliches of a good RPG but it works with them to make one great game.

TWEWY on the other hand is anything but traditional. It has a uniquely frantic battle system, a deep customization system with the pins, minigames, and a story that twists and turns and engages you all the way into the endgame. There is so much to uncover in the world of Shibuya, and it's all tightly wrapped together in one of the most slick and stylish packages I've seen. The urban art style and hip music really work well together.

In the end I voted for TWEWY but you can't go wrong either way.

Shining force II. Not many people will have heard of it, fewer have played it. It was the point I realised that I could get sucked into a game, save the full kingdom, meet some friends on the way, learn history of the land, build up my strength, buy new weapons and just kick ass.

Not the first RPG I played but definitely the one that sucked me in the most. Shining Force II will always have a place in my heart.

Poll closes at a tie: Shining Force II wins by written votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back