50's / 60's Region Final FIVE

Which 50's / 60's Regional Final would you MOST like to see?

• The Beatles vs The Rolling Stones

• The Beatles vs Led Zeppelin

• The Beatles vs Elvis Presley

• The Who vs The Rolling Stones

• The Who vs Led Zeppelin

• The Who vs Elvis Presley

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
How's this for a fun time? Thanks to a 10-10 tie in the 5th round, we have a Regional Final Five in the 50's and 60's, proving just how evenly matched some of these bands are. Three top 4 seeds remain in tact, with one "regal" musician crashing the party.

50's / 60's Region Final Four - Match #1
#1 The Beatles vs #5 The Who

The Beatles are rock music's definitive legends, and it's going to take an awful lot to knock them off the pedestal. They have not - I repeat - NOT been tested once yet in this tournament. Even Polley's Van Morrison train was derailed by the Beatles - it's anyone's guess how long they keep it up.

beatles-grammy-tribute-2008-hanks-across-universe.jpg

On the other side, in what has to be considered the outcome of one of the most exciting matches yet, fifth seed The Who snuck past the fourth seeded Doors to make the regional final four. Can the legendary authors of Quadraphenia keep their magic in tact against the boys from Liverpool, or is it back to playing Pinball?

The-Who-Poster-C12171698.jpeg

50's / 60's Region Final Four - Match #2
#2 The Rolling Stones vs #3 Led Zeppelin vs #6 Elvis Presley

The Stones have been mentioned in every "all time greatest" discussion known to man, from greatest band, to greatest song (Sympathy for the Devil), to greatest stage show. Anyway you look at it, The Stones are the final four bound 2nd seed for a VERY tough region, and are now looking at not one, but TWO amazing opponents who settled nothing last round.

There's no denying Led Zeppelin's place in rock history, as Paige and Plant took psychadelic rock into the beyond. Similar to the Stones, Zeppelin, as well as "Stairway to Heaven," are often listed among the greatest in rock history. If they cannot get past two tough opponents though, it'll be "No Stairway? Denied..." (yes, I pasted a pic of Zeppelin on the COVER of Rolling Stone magazine since I am limited to 4 pics...sue me...)

17439288.jpg

Figures. The King just had to crash the party. After a VERY hard fought tie against Zeppelin, including racial objections and questions of legacy, Elvis Presley still stands tall for his music and his influence on so many other artists. Now, the King has to take out two other all-time great bands to make it to the regional final.

Im upset that The Who are facing the Beatles. Two of my favourite bands are battling it out for a place in the final.

It would be better just to stick them all in one ppot and elt them fight it out, fatal fourway style

I'm gonna say it right now, The Who should beat the Beatles. The Who's original members were not perfect, but they all offset each others weaknesses and it sounded excellent. Keith Moon was a phenomenal drummer and shows his talents in so many of their great songs. People, don't just vote the Beatles because they're the Beatles, think about it first and really think to yourself, because the Beatles are overrated and are not as good as a band as the Who.

I like you man, i really i do, but overrated? Come on, define the term overrated then? overrated as in selling 500 million records world wide? Having numerous number one hits world wide? being the number one selling band in like music history? The Beatles are one of the most influential bands of all time and they should destroy everything in their past. Basically they should be unbeatable.

Besides two of the greatest bands deserve to advance, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, it would be a battle for the ages.

It should come down to the battle that has waged the music industry for nearly the last 50 years, long before any of us or maybe are parents were alive. I'm talking about the Beatles vs. Elvis.

The Who, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin are all top notch when it comes to bands, but post world war 2 music, it's the Beatles, Elvis and then everyone else in a very far beneath 2nd tier. You can't argue 500 plus million albums. Between both the Beatles and Elvis, they've sold over 1 Billion albums, that is an insane number and one simply to big for any of us to comprehend.

I like you man, i really i do, but overrated? Come on, define the term overrated then? overrated as in selling 500 million records world wide? Having numerous number one hits world wide? being the number one selling band in like music history? The Beatles are one of the most influential bands of all time and they should destroy everything in their past. Basically they should be unbeatable.

Besides two of the greatest bands deserve to advance, the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, it would be a battle for the ages.

Overrated meaning that I just have never thought that their music was as great as everyone makes it out to be. They are very influential yeah, but I find them to be pretty boring. I may have been a little harsh, but that doesn't change that I am gonna vote the Who, because IMO they found a way to take four decent musicians and gel them together to hide the other band members weaknesses. But the Beatles will probably win and their influence is so vast it is insane. I am not say that you're an idiot for voting the Beatles, i am simply saying to really check out some of the Who's work before voting.

To me the beatles are just like Hulk Hogan. The Beatles along with Elvis and The Stones defined early music. However I see Elvis and the Stones in the category of Harley Race and HBk. Truly the # 2 & # 3 of music. I actually wasted my money on the beatles # 1's just to try and give them another chance. I have to skip throught about three or four songs at a time to get to one I like. They were and still are popular but just as HOgan can't touch Flair, the Beatles can't touch Led Zeppelin. To me the finals shouldn't have been Stones vs Beatles as the argument has went for years but a triple threat like it is known but in the finals. Zeppelin vs Stones vs Presley over both of the others. I do hope the Who pull off the upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back