Foo Fighters vs Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Foo Fighters

• Red Hot Chili Peppers

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1970's Region Final

#17 Foo Fighters vs #7 Red Hot Chili Peppers

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums.

There can be no ties in the regional finals. If the votes are tied after the voting ends, we will hold a one-day overtime.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Well unlike the 70's, and 80's finals, I'm a total "meh" for this one. Really, I don't see how one of these two bands deserves to be called the greatest band of the 90's, and 2000's. Sure both these bands are great but I would much rather have seen Nirvana v. Pearl Jam in the final, that would be a sure classic. I'm gonna keep my grudge against the Foo Fighters for eliminating Nirvana, so I went with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Damn, this is tough. I love the Chilli Peppers, they're extremely experimental with their music and it works. I mean, take a look at Stadium Arcadium. It doesn't seem possible that two radically different songs like "Snow (Hey Oh)" and "Hump De Bump" could be on the same album, but they are. The Chilli Peppers have always been consistently good and, dare I say, actually get a bit better with each album. I guess their like a fine wine, they get better with age.

But the Foos, god damn, what can I say about the Foos that hasn't been said before? They're Emmy winners, they're proof that good ol' rock 'n' roll isn't dead. Whether it's "Best of You", "Monkey Wrench", "The Pretender", "Learn To Fly", or some of their awesome acoustic works like "Miracle" or "Everlong", they're the only band that I can think of that each song they put out is good, if not great. They're the best rock band out there today, and you absolutely can't go wrong with them. Thus, my vote goes to The Foo Fighters. I hate to do it to the Chilli Peppers, but Dave Grohl is just a musical genius.

This was an easy choice for me. I am not really into either band on the whole, but, if I ask myself, if I had to listen to only one of these two bands for a multiple hour car ride, which one would it be? Foo Fighters. Their songs, to me, are just simply more enjoyable to listen to than the Chili Peppers.

I am a huge fan of the Foo Fighters, I really am, but honestly the Chili Peppers should be winning this. The Peppers have carved out their own sound, have more influence and longevity and have been more successful than the Foos. These are my two favorite bands and that they both made here is incredible, but the RHCP really are the better band of the two. A vote for either is fine by me, as both are bands I constantly listen to and both have their reasons to go over here.

This is honestly an extremely tough decision for me. I love both bands. Foo Fighters are pure excellence, and Grohl puts so much emotion into his vocal style. Then, you have The Chili Peppers, a band that has managed to stay fresh throughout many years. Neither of the bands have ever gotten stale for me, I love The fighters new album, as well as The Chili peppers Stadium Arcadium. But, when it all comes down to it, I have to give the nod to RHCP. They have produced great singles over and over again through years and years, and have yet to come close to getting stale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back