Alberto del Rio explains why he chose Lucha Underground over TNA

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Alberto El Patron On Why He Chose Lucha Underground Over TNA; Difficulties In WWE; MMA
By Mike Bessler | January 28, 2015 | 17 Comments

Alberto El Patron, who previously worked in WWE as Alberto Del Rio, revealed in an interview on The PWI Podcast why he chose Lucha Underground over TNA, his financial situation since being fired by WWE, and a possible future in MMA.

Excerpted from a future eight-page interview in Pro Wrestling Illustrated with Senior Writer Al Castle, El Patron spoke on a range of topics.

Why he chose Lucha Underground over TNA:

"I don't have anything but respect for TNA. They made a really good offer to me, and I'm really grateful for that. The reason I didn't go there is because those guys at Lucha Underground helped me in all my legal proceedings against WWE. So I owed them that. It was not a matter of not wanting to go to TNA. It's just that Lucha Underground and AAA, they paid for my legal services. They introduced me to my lawyer. And the reason I'm working right now is because of them. WWE wanted me to stop working in the United States for a year. And that was going to happen if it wasn't for these guys. I'm a stand up guy. If you help me, I'll return the favor one day. That's what I'm doing with them. Plus, they made me a good offer."

CLASS ACT! I guess he will go to TNA sometime in the future.

Very fitting that his new name has El Patron in it, considering you've gotta be a boss to tell the 'E to take their no-compete clause and blow it out their asses. Good luck to Alberto in his time with LU and possible return to MMA.

Currently one of the hottest acts around the globe when it comes to pro wrestling. The Indy scene is hot for established names. Hopefully he can remain near the top.

It is refreshing to see some loyalty in a business known for scumbags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back