Best 2 You Forgot About or Never Saw

RKO18

Celtic Warrior
Just discovered this section in the WZ Forums and I love the idea. I am going to name two matches that most fans probably forgot about or have never seen. Hopefully others will post their two as I am always interested in great matches that sometimes go unnoticed. If posting please include the DVD set that the match is on if applicable

Here are my two:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels King of the Ring 1997
The only word that should be used for this match is FANTASTIC. The pace that these two cut rivals that of Savage/Steamboat at WM3. People forget what a great technician Austin was BEFORE the neck injury. He keeps up with Shawn step for step in this classic. And Shawn continued to show why he is one of the most consistant big-match performers in WWE history. This match is available on The Legacy of Austin DVD

HHH vs. Chris Benoit No mercy 2000
Great match around what was really just a filler fued until Austin came back and HHH was revealed to be behind the hit and run. This is The Game at his absolute best as he pulls out new move after new move to keep up with Benoits arsenal. Mid-card match that showed that the WWE was still focused on quality wrestling, and that HHH at one time was a solid all-around performer. Unless it was on the Benoit DVD the only place to see this is on VHS which is the reason I bought it myself years ago

Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin; Gold Rush Tournament 2005
Two of the most athletic wrestlers of all time. This is a match which is constantly overlooked, yet is easily Benjamin's best match. This match shows that Benjamin isn't boring, and if put with the right people can entertain a crowd. A few good spots in here, as well as just a genuinely good wrestling match.

I know this is a best two, but I can't think of another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back