Best Horror Movie Heroine

Who Wins The Zone For Best Horror Movie Herione?

• Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween)

• Janet Leigh (Psycho)

• Heather Langenkamp (Nightmare On Elm Street)

• Jessica Harper (Susperia)

• Sigourney Weaver (Alien)

• Tippi Hedron (The Birds)

• Mia Farrow (Rosemay's Baby)

• Neve Campbell (Scream)

• Shelley Duval (The Shining)

• Naomi Watts (The Ring)

• Shawnee Smith (Saw)

• Dana Kimmell (Friday The 13th: Part 3)

• Ingrid Bolsø Berdal (Cold Prey)

• Lisa Wilcox (Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and 5)

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2011 Zonie Awards

Nominees for Best Horror Movie Heroine

Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween)

Janet Leigh (Psycho)

Heather Langenkamp (Nightmare on Elm Street)

Jessica Harper (Suspiria)

Sigourney Weaver (Alien)

Tippi Hedren (The Birds)

Mia Farrow (Rosemary's Baby)

Neve Campbell (Scream)

Shelley Duvall (The Shining)

Naomi Watts (The Ring)

Shawnee Smith (Saw)

Dana Kimmell (Friday the 13th Part 3)

Ingrid Bolsø Berdal (Cold Prey)

Lisa Wilcox (Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and 5)

*discussion will be open until Wednesday, May 18th, on which date the polls will open and voting will be permitted. No spamming, no flaming.

My Top 3 in this category have to be......

#3. Neve Campbell (Scream Quadrilogy)......Groundbreaking thriller written mostly by Kevin Williamson, Neve played an emotional Sidney Prescott, who has been Ghostface's target since the mid- 90's. She played the perfect part and showed great ranges in this role.

#2. Sigourney Weaver(Alien franchise) "Stay away from her you bitch!" is one of the best lines in this set of movies starring Sigourney. Starring as Ripley in the series she showed us the badass side of i pissed of scared woman. She is one bad ass in these and deserves to be on my list.

#1. Jamie Lee Curtis(Holloween) Come on. The scream movies (1st to be exact) paid Jamie respects when Randy called her "The Queen of Scream". If that doest say "Zonie" I dont know what does..She is truly the first big horror heroine. She even came back for H2O twenty years after the original.

Those are my nominations and my guarantee is Jamie Lee. There is no way she doesnt make it.

Ripley. She faced her fears, took a stand and went as far as to attempt to exterminate the beast she was fighting. She didn't kill the monster out of necessity to survive, she did it because she wanted to make sure no one else ever felt the dread she felt in the first encounter with a Xenomorph in Alien. Ripley is a bad-ass and one who has proven time and time again that she, as Victoria's music used to say, isn't the lady to mess with.

Ripley. She's the only one in the list who evolved into a true badass, it was like watching a female Rambo in space. The rest were still too girly as heroines, I couldn't take em seriously.

I loved Jamie Lee Curtis in the first Halloween film, but I'm going with Ripley here. Ripley was fierce and bold, and she battled the dangerous Aliens. She was even more fierce in Aliens during her battle with the Alien Queen. She was brave and bold, as she did her best to protect Newt. Jamie Lee Curtis and Neve Campbell were able to fight off demented killers, but Weaver managed to survive attacks from some of the most viscous creatures we've ever seen.

Stuntz already mentioned the memorable quote from Aliens, but I just had to find the video:

[YOUTUBE]RDqTwSO1DDc&feature=player_detailpage
[/YOUTUBE]​

Cold Prey is the best original horror franchise to come out in the past decade (yeah, it's even better than Saw). I fully expect Sigourney Weaver or Jamie Lee Curtis to take this one home, but I'm voting Ingrid Bolsø Berdal.

This was another obvious choice for me as Sigourney Weaver kicked so much ass she would have been a better choice then a few of the guys that made it onto the Bad Ass list.

Her performances helped make the Alien franchise what it was, perhaps one of the easiest choices in the whole Zonies.

I should say Sigourney for Alien but I cannot stand that man-woman so I have to go with my girl Jamie Lee Curtis(Halloween)
She is first real great horror movie heroine and I feel like that gives her a sort of edge over the other choices, that and she did a fantastic job. She also did well in Blue Steel years later, but she has this presence that makes you really care about what happens to her in her thriller and horror movie roles.

I'm not sure if anyone nominated Heather Langenkamp for 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' but I do know I nominated her for her role in 'Wes Craven's New Nightmare'.

Heather Langenkamp played Nancy in the original 'Nightmare' and in the second sequel 'Dream Warriors' and in these films she played the typical slasher female lead as also witnessed in films like 'Halloween'. The 'New Nightmare' was a brand new concept for horror, the lines between Elm Street mythology and the 'real' world are deliberately translucent and it is hard to ascertain which universe we are in at times. Wes Craven explains to Heather that the plot for his final instalment of the 'Nightmare' series has Freddy chasing Heather and not her old fictional character of Nancy as a means of gaining access to the real world but whilst she turns down the opportunity to reprise her old character, she is receiving disturbing phone calls from a Krueger soundalike, her son is having nightmares and waking with slash like wounds and her husband dies after falling asleep at the wheel of his car. Langenkamp is dragged into the Elm Street world with the result being Freddy escapes into reality were he kidnaps her son and she has to give chase before a combination of her and her son defeat Freddy burning him alive but given the final scene, do they...

'Wes Craven's New Nightmare' was the precursor to the 'Scream' series and I cannot think of a more original horror. The film doesn't ride on the back of the stripey jumpered one like the Elm Streets, it rides on the back of Langenkamp and she delivers big time. This isn't some teen scream queen this is a 30 year old family woman and woe betide the fictional monster who is going to ruin her real life. Vote Heather Langenkamp, unlike the other ladies here - she's real;)

Oh yeah, one final thing. Anyone voting for Sigourney Weaver for her role in 'Aliens' should be ashamed of themselves because 'Aliens' is NOT a horror movie - it's an action movie with faceless bad guys replaced by the xenomorphs and the lead bad guy replaced by the Queen (here's a big clue it's directed by James Cameron). 'Alien' was the horror film and if you vote for Ripley in her performance in Ridley Scott's film then I can completely respect that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back