Book Wrestlemania 31

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now this isn't about booking the storylines up till Wrestlemania or about your "fantasy" Wrestlemania, I'm talking about realistic matches that have more than a 70% of being a reality. So nothing like, Brock Lesnar vs The Rock (Bc brock is already booked with reigns and also it's just not happening lol) or Daniel Bryan vs Shawn Michaels (even though DB doesn't have a match yet we know this is WAYYY less than a 70% chance of happening) also state who you would like to see win the matches.

Book your Wrestlemania 31, here is what I would like to see, in this order as well.

Wrestlemania 31
Kick-off show:
1. Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Winner: Curtis Axel (give him his WM moment)

Main Show:
2. Tag Team Turmoil Match for the Tag Team Championships
2 Starting teams The Usos vs Ascension
Following teams, Tyson Kidd & Cesaro, PTP, Ryback & Rowan
Winner: Tyson Kidd & Cesaro (they deserve it)

3. Singles Table Match
Damien Sandow vs The Miz
Winner: Damien Sandow (finally shut the miz up)

4. Fatal 4 Way NXT Match: Winner receives WWE Main Roster Spot
Finn Balor vs Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens
Winner: Adrian Neville (I hear they are thinking about bringing him up, do it this way and he gets his first WM moment)

5. Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Match:
(c) BNB vs Dean Ambrose vs Sheamus
Winner: Dean Ambrose

6. Brother vs Brother
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust (NOT STARDUST)
Winner: Cody Rhodes

7. Divas Championship Fatal 4 Way
(c) Nikki vs Paige vs AJ Lee vs Bri Bella
Winner: Paige

8.United States Championship No DQ Match:
(c) Rusev w/Lana vs John Cena
Winner: Rusev

9. Singles Match
Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler (heel ziggler after attacking DB for "ignoring" his twitter challenge)
Winner: Daniel Bryan

10. Singles Match
Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins
Winner: Seth Rollins

11. WCW vs WWE
Sting vs Triple H
Winner: Triple H (bc I just don't like Sting for some reason lol)

12. Singles Match
Bray Wyatt vs The Undertaker
Winner: Bray Wyatt (Then taker retires)

13. WWE World Heavyweight Championship
(c) Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
Winner: Roman Reigns (with hitting maybe 3 spears in a row)
POST MATCH: Seth Rollins comes out to cash in MITB, Lesnar F5s Reigns and Rollins hits Curb Stomp and
WINNER: NEW WWE WHC SETH ROLLINS!

END SHOW

What do you guys think? I would consider this a 5 star Mania

Give me your WM 31 bookings

Thirteen matches? Talk about an absolute overkill. Three quarters othe matches would get five minutes or less. Miz vs. Mizdow is not WM worthy. I'd say the same about the Rhodes brothers but the ball is already rolling and they are doing a nice job with it. NXT does not need to be anywhere near WM. What they have going on his great but it needs to stick to its own shows. When it comes Ziggler vs. Bryan it's just not going to happen.

Here is how the card should look in my opinion. This is the order I'd book the matches in as well.

Pre-Show

1. Tag Team Championshp Fatal 4-Way: Cesaro & Kidd (c) vs. The Usos vs. The Ascension vs. Prime Time Players

I feel like this match belongs on the main card, but there's a lot of talent so they can't all fit, even in a 4 hour show. This is very simple. You have 2 tag team feuds, but rather than having 2 separate matches - we have a fatal 4-way. I would have Cesaro and Kidd retain. They're the most fun team to watch right now.

2. Career Match: Goldust vs. Stardust (with special referee Dusty Rhodes)

Stardust talks his brother into putting his career on the line. I think Goldust is ready to hang up his boots. Why not have his final opponent be his brother? I liked where this storyline was going, but I didn't understand why they didn't build it up more before having the match at Fastlane. Attention Vince: not all of your fans want the stories to be rushed. We don't all have A.D.D.

Main Card

3. Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

Sometimes the first match on the card is just as important as the last. I'd have Orton get revenge on Rollins and hurt him so bad that they think Rollins' career is possibly over, just like Orton 4 months ago. If we see Rollins getting taken out on a stretcher in an ambulance, we'll never think he could possibly cash in his MITB contract.

4. Damien Sandow vs. The Miz

I'm surprised they had The Miz say he was entering the Andre battle royal. I still think they make time for this match though. I'm sure there will be some sort of stipulation, like if Sandow wins then The Miz becomes his assistant.

5. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal II: Ryback wins

This is where 20-30 guys will get their spot on the card where they otherwise wouldn't have. Sheamus would be the last guy eliminated, setting up a feud between he and Ryback.

6. Intercontinental Title Ladder Match: Bad News Barrett (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth

It should just be Barrett vs. Ambrose here, that's the real feud. I'd love to see Bryan and Ziggler get their own match too, but it's just not gonna happen. I think Ambrose walks out new champ.

7. United States Title: Rusev (c) vs. John Cena

I'm sure they'll put some sort of stipulation on this one like last man standing. Cena wins and brings the US Title back to America.

8. Sting vs. Triple H

Obviously Sting is going to win here. I don't know if these needs a stip. Maybe something like if Sting loses he never shows his face in WWE again.

9. Divas Title Fatal 4-Way: Nikki Bella (c) vs. Paige vs. AJ Lee vs. Natalya

I thought Paige should've won at Fast Lane and just had a 1-on-1 against AJ at Mania. Now that AJ has pissed off Stephanie, who knows if she'll even be on the card. Maybe we see Charlotte make her debut soon, but we'll see. Paige should win here. She's the best female wrestler on the roster right now.

10. The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

This should have happened last year. I've said it before and I won't go rambling on, but Wyatt should have ended the streak.

11. WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns

With Lesnar's contract up in the air, I think it's fairly obvious we see Reigns defeat him. However, I think (and really hope) we see Rollins cash in after. First of all, I think Rollins proved at the Rumble that he can hang with the main eventers. Reigns isn't ready yet in my opinion. Let Rollins cash in and Reigns can chase the title up until SummerSlam.

So there's 11 matches (10 if Miz and Mizdow doesn't happen). I think that's pretty accurate of how it will play out.

Here we go:

Pre-show:

I'm not convinced they need a match when there is four hours of wrestling

Matches, no necessarily in order:

Roman vs Brock: Keep them apart until the start of the match

Taker vs Bray: Bray will sell this match... a little pyro "magic"

Sting vs HHH: By no means will this be a classic. It'll be a good nostalgia match.

Orton vs Rollins: Don't put the case on the line for the love of all things natural...

Cena vs Rusev: Not sure what the gimmick will be, but I'd assume a submission/ I quit match where passing out will not end the match....you need to give up... For the record, I'd have Cena take the loss and pull him off TV until the summer...I know it won't happen, but it's what I'd do to freshen him up

Goldust vs Stardust: Star's gimmick vs Gold's career...

Ladder match for the IC strap: BNB vs Ambrose vs Truth vs Ziggler vs Bryan: Bryan wins the IC strap and holds it for a good long run...

Andre the Giant Battle Royal: this should be the background for the Miz vs Mizdow split....I'd have Axel win it and continue on with the never being eliminated gimmick

Divas title match: Nikki vs Paige vs Nattie vs Brie: Brie turns on Nikki and Paige takes the strap

Tag titles: Kidd/Cesaro vs Usos vs Ascension: Kidd and Cesaro retain

Realistically, there have only been 8-9 matches at WrestleMania for the last several years now. Maybe 8 matches, plus a pre-show match. So you can't say 11 matches is realistic. It rarely happens. The last time was WM26 with 10 matches. So you're going to have to cut a lot out. That's the reality of booking WrestleMania... 9 matches. Let's go... this is how I'd book the show:

1. Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler

This is a tear the house down opener. 15-18 minute opener with two of the best in the business, to kick the show off properly. It also gets the "Yes!" stuff out of the way early. Bryan over Ziggler.

2. Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton

Another big time match up - maybe add in the No DQ stipulation. Randy Orton's long time revenge vs Seth Rollins. Randy needs a big win here to stay relevant, Randy over Rollins - but don't worry, Rollins will get his heat back by the end of the night.

3. Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal II

Literally everyone else on the show is in this match. Ambrose, Barrett, Sheamus, Ryback, Axel, Harper, Rowan, Big Show, Kane, etc, etc, etc. Ambrose picks up the win here.

4. Rusev 'C' w/ Lana vs John Cena - WWE United States Championship

Second year in a row John Cena goes on 4th. It's Cena vs monster of the year. He beat Wyatt last year - and he'll beat Rusev again this year. It's Cena and it's WrestleMania afterall. Rusev will win the rematch at Extreme Rules, but that will be irrelevant because Cena wins on the big stage. This match doesn't top 15 min.

5. The Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt

Second year in a row Undertaker goes on 5th. He answers Wyatt's challenge, but what do you do here? Undertaker never loses at 'Mania, do you have him lose twice in a row? No, that's just not right. Wyatt gets the loser rub just like Punk did, Undertaker over Wyatt.

6. Nikki Bella 'C' w/ Brie Bella vs Paige vs AJ Lee - WWE Diva's Championship

Break time ... But the three biggest diva's in the division makes for a compelling triple threat. I have Brie finally explain why she all of a sudden became friends with Nikki again after the 30 day slave thing, and cost her the title to Paige. Paige over Nikki.

7. Sting vs Triple H

The match everyone's been waiting to see. I'd like to think since this is Sting's first and probably only WWE match, they give him the win. But with WWE's ego, you never know. I think Triple H is a big enough fan of history that he respects Sting and understands it's a once in a lifetime moment/match and Sting needs to win, not him. WCW is dead, WWE won. Nothing left to prove. Sting over Triple H.

8. Brock Lesnar 'C' vs Roman Reigns - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Since neither guy is particularly great - I'd make this a No DQ match so they can squeeze 15-20 min out of it. After a bloody, brutal brawl - with both men barely standing by the end of it - Roman Reigns finally slays the beast. It takes everything he has but Roman over Lesnar. Barely. Roman is left gassed in the ring after the win. Cue.....

-----

9. Roman Reigns 'C' vs Seth Rollins - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Unannounced match, Rollins cashes in on a spent Reigns. Reigns went through hell to win the title and here's Rollins to steal it. 1min match. Reigns gets his big win, but Rollins gets all of heat back from the loss earlier in the night by cashing in here and stealing the title. Rollins over Reigns.

This also sets up the next 5 months of programming from WrestleMania to SummerSlam, as you easily have ready to go matches between Rollins vs Orton (the man who beat him earlier in the night), Lesnar (wants his rematch), and of course, Reigns (chasing the title).

It's tricky this one as the op said need to be realistic. A few things, agree a 10-13 match card is unrealistic. A money in the bank cash in I think is unrealistic as reigns winning will be the feel good factor to end the show. Apart from the austin heel turn I can't think of a mania where the end wasn't a feel good face ending. But shock factor is obviously a must at some stage during the card (last year was end of streak). And I can see them try and pull off another shock, but where in the card?

Main event - brock v reigns
Reigns will win to end the show.

Taker v wyatt
This is a big question. If this is takers last match then wyatt wins. But realistically I can't see taker ending this year, more likely that will happen at survivor series as it will mark the 25th anniversary of his debut. So taker to win.

Hhh v sting
Sting without a doubt wins this one. Big nostalgia moment.

Orton v Rollins for mitb suitcase. The guy off daily show will be in ortons corner.
The only way to give this a real feel big factor is to make it for the mitb, again I have two theories if it's for mitb than Rollins wins, if it's a straight up singles than orton wins. More likely I feel is mitb on the line and a Rollins win.

Andre the giant battle royal.
Now it's gunna be hard to predict until the full line up is official, but I think the miz sandow rivalry will be the focus for this battle royal as the chances of a singles between the two being unlikely with the show already pretty stacked. So i see sandow winning by eliminating miz leading to a summer feud between the two.

Cena v Rusev us title
It's mania it's easy, cena wins the us title clean by aa.

Bnb v ziggler v Ambrose v bryan v r truth v sheamus ic title ladder match
I think they're gunna go with bryan and the ic title. To have cena and bryan holding to Midcard belts elevates those titles massively and I think it's the way they're guuna go.

Goldust v stardust
Cody wins, will be goldusts last match and without a doubt dusty will be involved. think this might be the shock effect match. People know it'll be goldusts last match and will expect some kind of nice family ending with the whole family hugging in the ring at the end. BUT can see a real heel stardust beating down the brother at the end, maybe even dusty turning heel to help Cody?

Pre show
Tag title match cesaro and Kidd v ????
Think there will be a tag title match but booking wise who they'll face, anyone's guess. The most likely a 4 way v assention, new day and the usos. Can see assention getting shock win.

Here's my booking
Pre-show
Cesaro/Kidd (c) vs Ascension vs Usos vs Los Matadores For the WWE Tag Team championship. I'm going to go with Ascension for the win.

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal This will open the show. The outcome is a tough one as I can see either Axel or Sandow win it. I'll go with Axel winning it. Sandow will most likely eliminate Miz and perhaps that will set him free and give him some kind of mania moment then Axel will eliminate Sandow last and win it all.

Goldust vs Stardust Brother vs Brother retirement match. Dusty Rhodes will be involved in some capacity. I can't see him as a special guest referee as that might be too physical for someone his age. He'll be at ringside watching and perhaps consoling Goldust after he loses. I just don't think Cody will drop the Stardust gimmick just yet. Maybe it's a way to help carry on his brother's legacy once Goldy retires.

Wade Barrett (c) vs Dean Ambrose vs R-Truth vs DZ vs DB vs Sheamus Ladder match for the IC Championship. I'm going to go on a limb and say Sheamus wins after returning. I can see it probably giving him more heel heat upon his return.

Nikki Bella(C) vs Paige Diva's title match. Paige for the win.

Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins Seth Rollins will get a cheap win due to outside interference from the J&J security. Randy get's pissed and actually punts him afterwards. Knocking Seth out for the rest of the night.

Comedy backstage segment involving PTP and the rosebuds pissing off Adam Rose.

John Cena vs Rusev I'm not really convinced it's for the the U.S title. I think with Cena it'll be more, than about the title and about giving Rusev his first defeat. I would make this a submission/I quit match.

New Day performs a musical segment.

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship. Hear me out as to why I didn't put this match at the end. About 80% of the WWE fans are not to pleased about this match in the first place. Me, however I'm the 20% who doesn't have a problem but putting this at the end will make a lot of people unhappy and people may start leaving the stadium once the bell rings to start the match, as they pretty much know the outcome. As for the cash in, I honestly think that will happen the night after on RAW. I'm not exactly sure on the contract status of Brock Lesnar but I would imagine that he would make his appearance in the fit of rage and destroy Roman while Roman's trying to celebrate his first night as champion on RAW and after Brock runs a mock on him, enter Rollins for the cash in and we have a new WWE world heavyweight champion. Another reason why this match won't go on last is because I honestly feel with the sun going down late on the west coast I figured they want it to be dark out for the Sting, Undertaker and Wyatt entrances, also you'll be sending the crowd home happy if you close with those matches instead.

Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt I'm going with a Bray Wyatt win by DQ. I'm only trying to go with an outcome that will make both performers look strong. Maybe we'll see a pissed off Undertaker lose by destroying Bray Wyatt perhaps by not answering the call of 5 to the ref while Taker has Hells Gate locked on or using a foreign object. At least Bray will have his first victory at Mania.

H.O.F Segment.

Sting vs Triple H A match I've been anticipating. Actually just to see Sting at Wrestlemania was something I've been waiting for, for a long time. I would make this match be for control of the WWE and Sting will win. Send the crowd home happy.

Overall I'm quite pleased with what we know what's on the card. The only match I don't care to see is the Rusev/Cena match.

This is a difficult one, there are too main big singles matches for a change. The most difficult aspect is where Orton, Rollins, Ziggler, Bryan and Sheamus fit into the fix. This is the card I am expecting to see, or at least something similar

Pre Show
Cesaro & Kidd defeat The Usos, The Prime Time Players and The New Day (Elimination match, 8-10 minutes)

Main Card
Seth Rollins defeats Randy Orton
Damien Mizdow wins The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, last eliminating The Miz
The Undertaker defeats Bray Wyatt
Stardust defeats and retires Goldust
Paige defeats Bella Twin who has the title
Sting defeats Triple H
Dean Ambrose defeats Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, R Truth and Sheamus
Rusev defeats John Cena
Roman Reigns defeats Brock Lesnar

I would personally like to see Daniel Bryan and Ziggler in a singles but I don't expect that. Rollins vs Orton may not be on the card either as they had that stupid angle on RAW

Pre-Show

Andre the Giant Battle Memorial
Winner: Sandow

Real Show

Stardust v. Goldust Falls Count Anywhere match
Winner: Stardust

Seth Rollins v. Randy Orton
Winner: Rollins

WWE Tag Team fatal four way match
Cesaro/Kidd (c.) v. Prime Time Players v. The Ascension v. The Usos
Winner: Cesaro/Kidd

Bray Wyatt v. Luke Harper v. Erick Rowan
Winner: Wyatt

Retirement Match
Batista v. HHH
Winner: HHH

Championship Scamble Match for IC Title
BNB(c.) v. Bryan v. Ziggler v. R-Truth v. Ambrose v. Sheamus
Winner: Sheamus

Divas Title
Nikki(c.) v. AJ Lee v. Paige
Winner: Paige

US Title Match
Rusev(c.) v. Cena v. Ryback
Winner: Ryback

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Lesnar(c.) v. Reigns
Winner: Reigns

The Undertaker v. Sting
Winner: Double KO

Fantasy Title Match
Lesnar(c.) v. RVD v. Jericho
Winner: RVD

1. WWE WORLD TITLE MATCH
BROCK LESNER VS ROMAN REIGNS

2. HHH VS STING

3. RANDY ORTON VS SETH ROLLINS

4. BRAY WYATT VS THE UNDERTAKER

5. UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
RUSEV VS JOHN CENA

6. DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
NIKKI BELLA VS BRIE BELLA VS AJ LEE VS PAGE

7. TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
CESARO & TYSON KIDD VS THE USO'S VS THE ASCENSION VS PRIME TIME PLAYERS

8. 8 MAN LADDER MATCH FOR IC TITLE
BAD NEWS BARRETT VS R TRUTH VS DOLPH ZIGGLER VS LUKE HARPER VS DANIEL BRYAN VS AMBROSE VS STARDUST VS GOLDUST

9. ANDRE THE GIANT BATTLE ROYAL
RYBACK, KANE, BIG SHOW, MIZ, MIZDOW, ERIC ROWAN, ZACK RYDER, CURTIS AXEL,
ADAM ROSE, BUNNY, KOFI KINGSTON, BIG E, XAZIER WOODS, RVD, HEATH SLATER, FANDANGO, DIEGO, FERNANDO, JACK SWAGGER, SHEAMUS,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back