Bring back Hulk Hogan as the Wrestlemania 34 Host

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
I fell that enough time as past now that they could bring back Hogan into the fold and the wouldn'T get a lot of backlash from the media over it. Most fans want this to happen someday anyway and would pop huge for a Hogan return so why not bring him back to host mania this year since he did such a good job 4 years ago at the same venue. It would be such a cool moment to start the show with the one guy fans never expected would come back. Have him got his generic promo and thanks the fans that stuck with him through everything that happened in his life and Then you could do have either vince mcmahon or a low card heel come in and interrupt him, he push hogan and hogan does his 3 punch and big boot combination and then real american start playing and he pose for the crowd and outside of one or two backstage segment, you don'T use him for anything else unless they have some big surprise that they need the host to reveal to the live crowd.

I fell that enough time as past now that they could bring back Hogan into the fold and the wouldn'T get a lot of backlash from the media over it.

You're wrong. He would get plenty of backlash and the focus would mainly be on his racism and cheating on his wife. But more the racism.

Most fans want this to happen someday anyway

They do? Source?

and would pop huge for a Hogan

Not sure if true. If I am a fan at this event, I'm probably at least waiting to see how the black people in my section react before I make a peep. Granted if the black people in my section react not negatively I'm still pretty tired of Hogan and don't feel like he is much of a performer any longer.

return so why not bring him back to host mania this year since he did such a good job 4 years ago at the same venue.

Wait, are we talking about the "Silverdome"? Hogan was not worth the money in his last return. He flubs lots of lines, looked stupid, and didn't nearly the reaction he got ten or so years ago. Even without the racist stuff, his ability and therefore stock had dropped significantly.

It would be such a cool moment to start the show with the one guy fans never expected would come back.

So you're paying a guy to show up as a surprise? You know this makes his appearance worthless from a monetary perspective. Not to mention the fans in attendance who don't know how to react seeing a man they don't like or at best seeint a man who they don't know what kind of man he is.

Have him got his generic promo and thanks the fans that stuck with him through everything that happened in his life

Ugh, and people complain about Steph's promos.

and Then you could do have either vince mcmahon or a low card heel come in and interrupt him, he push hogan and hogan does his 3 punch and big boot combination

Now I know that you're joking unless you get off on seeing a 70ish year old man's back and spine pop of their body when they hit the mat.

and then real american start playing and he pose for the crowd and outside of one or two backstage segment, you don'T use him for anything else unless they have some big surprise that they need the host to reveal to the live crowd.

No

Before WM 34 Hogan hadn't made a WM appearence since WM 21, if I'm not mistaken. Nobody really missed him back then.

I don't really want to see Hogan back nor do I have interest in seeing Hogan at Wrestlemania, or any other legend for that matter, in 20+ minutes segment that could have been used to have a solid match on the show. Wrestlemania segments should just die. They offer nothing.

Wrestlemania 30 was cool, not because of Hogan though, but because you had those specific three legends share the same ring and the same time.

Best thing Hogan could do if he ever returns, is to get the crap beaten out of him by a top heel, in order to make him famous.

Stop saying dumb shit. Why would you want a 70 year old racist back. It's not worth the negative publicity. I would say right now that WWE has a clean of an image as it's had for a long time.

Just because you jizz all over old school wrestling doesn't mean everyone else does.

I agree they should bring him back, I don't think the media cares much about wrestling to be honest, We have had worse happen before and since and never heard much on the media about it, Different if it was said in a public setting but it was said in a private phone conversation in the heat of the moment, Mel Gibson said worse on the phone and he came back. Shouldn't be judging what people say in private I don't believe there is any adult on earth that has never done or said anything in private in the heat of the moment that they would be completely proud of it being shown all over the news.

Stop saying dumb shit. Why would you want a 70 year old racist back. It's not worth the negative publicity. I would say right now that WWE has a clean of an image as it's had for a long time.

Just because you jizz all over old school wrestling doesn't mean everyone else does.

How long must someone be unforgiven for saying a simple word?

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't even do anything illegal.

No. Whoever leaked the tape of him saying the word did something illegal, as did Gawker for using it (why do you think Hogan won).

He was talking about one guy, one time, in a private conversation, ten years ago. If the conversation wasn't made public, no-one would have known.

So now we are going to hold people accountable forever for doing one thing wrong? Gee, you must be perfect if you have never done anything wrong (I know that you would never admit to doing anything wrong, ever (your mother's mistake was giving birth to you, for example).

Maybe people need to stop being overly sensitive and stop looking to get offended by the slightest thing, and stop wanting successful people to fail so that you can feel better about being a loser.

What, did what I say offend you, diddums? Get over yourself, and unless you are black, I don't see why you care about racism.

Get over yourself

The irony here is absolutely astounding.

and unless you are black, I don't see why you care about racism.

Do you genuinely believe that? Honestly? It doesn't matter whether you're black or white, you can still stand up to and strongly dislike racism. I know it's difficult for you, but some people actually have this thing called empathy and they cannot understand why a person is treated like dirt due to the colour of their skin.

Anyway back on topic, would Hulk Hogan receive a pop? Probably, but would his appearance really add to anything? I don't honestly believe so. Besides I don't fancy seeing him trying to hit a leg drop due to the state of his body, it would be a tad uncomfortable to watch.

He's already had his Wrestlemania return, he doesn't need to do it again.

So basically, you want Hogan back just because you think its cool. Okay, I get that.

WrestleMania is going to be a long enough show as it is. Factoring in the kickoff show, WrestleMania is going to be a minimum of about 6 hours and I personally want to see as much time as possible devoted to the here & now. The Revival said a little something on Raw about fans living in the past and even though it's just Vince sort of working the internet, I feel there's truth to it. Between Kurt Angle, Raw 25 and all the part timers who're going to be prominently featured at WrestleMania, there's too much nostalgia going around as it is so the last thing I feel like seeing is Hogan going out there, rambling on about this and that for 20 minutes before Curt Hawkins or some other jobber comes out so Hogan can beat him up.

I look at it in this light: if you can't wrestle and/or you don't really have anything meaningful or relevant to contribute to the show, then I'm not interested. This applies to Hulk Hogan or any other "host" when you get right down to it.

How long must someone be unforgiven for saying a simple word?

He didn't kill anyone, he didn't even do anything illegal.

No. Whoever leaked the tape of him saying the word did something illegal, as did Gawker for using it (why do you think Hogan won).

He was talking about one guy, one time, in a private conversation, ten years ago. If the conversation wasn't made public, no-one would have known.

So now we are going to hold people accountable forever for doing one thing wrong? Gee, you must be perfect if you have never done anything wrong (I know that you would never admit to doing anything wrong, ever (your mother's mistake was giving birth to you, for example).

Maybe people need to stop being overly sensitive and stop looking to get offended by the slightest thing, and stop wanting successful people to fail so that you can feel better about being a loser.

What, did what I say offend you, diddums? Get over yourself, and unless you are black, I don't see why you care about racism.

I've done stuff wrong. I've mentioned in the forums I've done things wrong before. You think racism only applies to black people. Shut the fuck up with that nonsense you uneducated piece of shit. Racism can be applied to any situation.

You don't know shit about me so you dunno if I'm black, brown , pink, blue, purple, orange a winner, a loser or an average guy.

Cunt.

The irony here is absolutely astounding.

Do you genuinely believe that? Honestly? It doesn't matter whether you're black or white, you can still stand up to and strongly dislike racism. I know it's difficult for you, but some people actually have this thing called empathy and they cannot understand why a person is treated like dirt due to the colour of their skin.

Anyway back on topic, would Hulk Hogan receive a pop? Probably, but would his appearance really add to anything? I don't honestly believe so. Besides I don't fancy seeing him trying to hit a leg drop due to the state of his body, it would be a tad uncomfortable to watch.

He's already had his Wrestlemania return, he doesn't need to do it again.

Firstly, the word you mean is "sympathy", not "empathy". Empathy is knowing what they are going through, because you went through it yourself. This is what balcks can have for other blacks.

What whites have is sympathy. They might feel that it is wrong, but we can't really relate to what they go through, since, according to some blacks and the PC community, white people have never had persecution. Since, apparently, I have been told that I have never been discriminated against in my life (even though every single person is discriminated against in some way at some time in their life), then I can't have empathy for something I have never experienced myself.

Also, whether Hogan is relevant to WWE or not today is a question worth asking, but if it is because he said one racist word one time (and let's face it, he didn't know any better, because he is merely a white man, and we are all racist apparently. I mean, we never hear about a black cop shooting a white criminal, or a white cop getting shot at by a black man ever on the news, so therefore it must never happen:rolleyes:) in an illegally taped conversation should mean that there is a time for the public to move on.

Firstly, the word you mean is "sympathy", not "empathy". Empathy is knowing what they are going through, because you went through it yourself. This is what balcks can have for other blacks.

What whites have is sympathy. They might feel that it is wrong, but we can't really relate to what they go through, since, according to some blacks and the PC community, white people have never had persecution. Since, apparently, I have been told that I have never been discriminated against in my life (even though every single person is discriminated against in some way at some time in their life), then I can't have empathy for something I have never experienced myself.

Also, whether Hogan is relevant to WWE or not today is a question worth asking, but if it is because he said one racist word one time (and let's face it, he didn't know any better, because he is merely a white man, and we are all racist apparently. I mean, we never hear about a black cop shooting a white criminal, or a white cop getting shot at by a black man ever on the news, so therefore it must never happen:rolleyes:) in an illegally taped conversation should mean that there is a time for the public to move on.

I would argue empathy can also allow you to understand the feelings of a person, by placing yourself in their position. Would I like to be discriminated against, spat at, attacked and treated like dirt? No I wouldn't. So why should I stand by and accept racism because I'm white?

But sure, play the 'actually' card to distract from your own idiotic comment.

Is Hogan relevant? He's one of the biggest names in wrestling so it's arguable that he is. Does he need to have an entire segment dedicated to him at Wrestlemania? No.

I think, given that Vince just announced the XFL return, and is looking for sponsors, bringing Hulk back now would be a gamble - especially at Wrestlemania. Maybe bring him back as a host of Raw for one night first and see how he is perceived by the fans and the media.

I think, given that Vince just announced the XFL return, and is looking for sponsors, bringing Hulk back now would be a gamble - especially at Wrestlemania.
This is the only reason Hulk Hogan isn't being brought back. Too many sponsors are against it. Given how much Vince loves money, I'm sure he'd have no problem bringing Hogan back at least for merchandising rights. Not only would it piss off sponsors, it'll generate too much bad publicity for the WWE when they are at a pretty successful place right now. The Hogan/Gawker case got alot of publicity. ALOT. There were too many eyes on the whole situation and it turned ugly. That's part of the reason why guys like Warrior and Snuka were overlooked for their awful actions because there wasn't much bad press about it. As soon as Snuka started making headlines about murdering his former girlfriend, they dropped him from the Hall of Fame.

Do I want Hogan back? Not really. The whole "yeah I'm racist but.." really soured me on him. Yeah Hogan will be back in the WWE some day. But he'll be dead long before that ever happens.

Hogan is synonymous with the world of wrestling, but he doesn't need to be at Mania. He's been out of the limelight for the past couple of years and it hasn't hurt the product, so why bring him back. No doubt he would get a big pop, fans would love to see him one more time in a WWE ring, is it worth it though.

Mania is so big now they don't need his name to sell it. I think they would much rather have the Rock or Batista, they don't come with a lot of baggage the way Hogan does. The WWE has moved on and so should a lot of the "Bring Hogan Back" crowd.

I've been a lifelong Hulkamaniac. I was a kid in the 80s when I fell in love with wrestling, and Hogan was my hero. I was a rebellious teen who wanted to root for the bad guys when Hogan joined the nWo and became Hollywood. The Rock was my favorite wrestler from the Attitude era, but I was happy to boo him in favor of Hogan when he made his comeback after WCW folded. I even started watching TNA because Hogan joined.

But he never needs to be back on WWE tv. If he dies and they do some sort of memorial documentary or dvd or something, he has the WM30 hosting gig, the birthday celebration on Raw, or the banner night at MSG to use as the final chapter. They any of those are fine for an "ending" or whatever for his career. At this point, he's too old to wrestle to put anyone over, so there's really not much else you can do with him.

And what he said WAS bad. And his apology didn't seem sincere either. I know, others have done bad stuff too. Snuka killed a girl, Austin beat his wife, etc. All that stuff is bad. But WWE isn't about to remove Austin from the Hall of Fame. Honestly, Hogan really doesn't need to come back. He made millions off that sex tape lawsuit, it's not like he needs the money. And at this point, he isn't going to move the needle for WWE much in terms of ratings or whatever. It's probably not worth it on either side.

WWE should sign him to a merchandising deal, just so they could sell t-shirts, action figures, and put Hogan in video games. But they don't actually need to bring Hogan back on tv ever again.

Firstly, the word you mean is "sympathy", not "empathy". Empathy is knowing what they are going through, because you went through it yourself.

From Oxford Dictionaries;

empathy
NOUN
mass noun
The ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

Example sentences
Usage
People often confuse the words empathy and sympathy. Empathy means ‘the ability to understand and share the feelings of another’ (as in both authors have the skill to make you feel empathy with their heroines), whereas sympathy means ‘feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune’ (as in they had great sympathy for the flood victims)

Well now.

I'll admit that I'm a little let down by their usage breakdown, as it seems to limit the ability of empathy to writers or other artists. But it absolutely does not say that the experience must be shared by an observer in order to feel empathy.

Then again, your other remarks demonstrate a complete void of empathy. You probably do in fact buy into your own false definition.

I think it's possible that we'll see Hulk return to WWE. They could sign him to another legends contract and do the ambassador roll like we see with Flair and HBK. But to bring him back at Mania would be a waste with all he returning legends like HHH, Angle and possibly Undertaker working Mania. If Hogan does return then he would be better served on a random episode of Raw or Smackdown rather then getting lost in the shuffle at Mania.
Perhaps they could have Jinder Mahal confront Hogan and John Cena coming to his aid. Then that would set up Mahal vs Cena with the Sing brothers accompanying Mahal and Hulk accompanying Cena. That way you could get Hulk in a program while protecting him from getting physical. Hogan could probably still throw a few right punches and whip the Singh Brothers around the ring.

I would argue empathy can also allow you to understand the feelings of a person, by placing yourself in their position. Would I like to be discriminated against, spat at, attacked and treated like dirt? No I wouldn't. So why should I stand by and accept racism because I'm white?

But sure, play the 'actually' card to distract from your own idiotic comment.

Is Hogan relevant? He's one of the biggest names in wrestling so it's arguable that he is. Does he need to have an entire segment dedicated to him at Wrestlemania? No.

No-one likes to be spat on, or treated like dirt.

But, come on, this is the 21st century. Blacks have many rights now. They no longer are slaves, and have the same opportunity at education, medical care and most other things that most whites enjoy.

I don't accept racism. But there is racism both ways. Did you agree with extremists like Malcolm X or Louis Farrakann? There are black racists as well.

Look at the L.A. riots. Black youths torching the shops of white shopkeepers (who had nothing to do with the beating of Rodney King), or kicking a white truck driver, and leaving him to die on the road after being kicked and spat on by black youths, and the truck driver didn't hit Rodney King either. No, these people were targeted in the riots because they were WHITE! Who knows, they may have emphathised with Rodney King, and thought that the cops who beat him were scum, but these blacks youths attacked anyone with pale skin. You didn't see whites riot when black hero O.J. Simpson got cleared of killing two white people (if a white footballer had been found "not guilty" of killing two blacks, what would the response have been?)

Do you take the side of black people in these instances? Do you think the whites had it coming and deserve this?

I am not saying that this then justifies mistreatment of blacks. On the contrary, it shouldn't happen to anyone. But I often find defenders of black people are not so quick to condemn bad actions from black people.

You know what else black people should have? They should be held accountable for their actions. If a black man one time shoots at a white cop, then the white cop can take him down, not because he is black, but because he is shooting at a cop. Some of the people being shot are criminals, and if the police don't shoot, they will be shot themselves. But then, the cops are only scummy white people, and deserve to die, don't they? I wonder if you shed tears when a white cop is shot dead by a black person. How come we never hear about a black cop shooting a black man or a white man? Because racism only goes one way in the media.

Also, the fact made a slur about one person, in private, seems to bother you more than the illegal taping of someone in their own home, without their knowledge. Racial slurs aren't illegal, recording someone's private conversation without telling them, and then giving it to a media website, is. If a black man's conversation was recorded, and it caused him to lose his job, he can simply cry "Racism" and you will all come running, but when it happens to someone with pale skin, they are scum in your eyes, and fair game. You must really hate white people.

Also, the fact made a slur about one person, in private, seems to bother you more than the illegal taping of someone in their own home, without their knowledge. Racial slurs aren't illegal, recording someone's private conversation without telling them, and then giving it to a media website, is. If a black man's conversation was recorded, and it caused him to lose his job, he can simply cry "Racism" and you will all come running, but when it happens to someone with pale skin, they are scum in your eyes, and fair game. You must really hate white people.

You're making some heavy assumptions there, mate.

Firstly I haven't once mentioned Hogan's racial slur, I merely stated that I don't think he needs to have an entire segment at Wrestlemania dedicated to him. He had his 'return' a few years ago and I don't honestly think he needs to have another moment like that, it's just no necessary.

Secondly, I hate white people? Not sure how you come to that conclusion, Doctor. I absolutely have a problem with people carrying out any crime no matter the colour of their skin or the country they originate from. And yes there are racists and bigots no matter the race and I absolutely do not accept it either way, it's 2018 and racism is still a massive issue, it's ludicrous and you'd hope this planet could have pulled together by now, but it probably won't ever happen.

So do you still believe that you can only care about racism if you're black? As you've contradicted yourself a little.

You're making some heavy assumptions there, mate.

Firstly I haven't once mentioned Hogan's racial slur, I merely stated that I don't think he needs to have an entire segment at Wrestlemania dedicated to him. He had his 'return' a few years ago and I don't honestly think he needs to have another moment like that, it's just no necessary.

Secondly, I hate white people? Not sure how you come to that conclusion, Doctor. I absolutely have a problem with people carrying out any crime no matter the colour of their skin or the country they originate from. And yes there are racists and bigots no matter the race and I absolutely do not accept it either way, it's 2018 and racism is still a massive issue, it's ludicrous and you'd hope this planet could have pulled together by now, but it probably won't ever happen.

So do you still believe that you can only care about racism if you're black? As you've contradicted yourself a little.

I agree that Hogan doesn't need some fanfare coming back. Maybe have him come back on RAW one time, make a welcome back speech, and then use him from time to time when needed. He can't wrestler, so there is no need to have him every week.

Reinstall him into the HoF. Removing people from the HoF should only be done in the most extreme circumstances (which is why I have no problem WWE not inducting Chris Benoit, as I consider that something where they can't be in. But double-murder is a million times worse than using a word). O.J. Simpson hasn't been removed from the NFL HoF, despite doing jail time (and I know he got found "not guilty" of murder, but stealing and the other crimes he was found guilty of, should put him out).

I'm glad to hear that you are fair thinking about either race. So maybe you need to condemn the media, certain sponsors, and PC for making it that people lose their livelihoods based purely on the opinions that they held. If WWE released Hogan because he couldn't wrestle and they don't know what to do with him, so don't want to keep paying him, fair enough. He can't do his job anymore, so you have to let him go. But to sack someone on something that has nothing to do with their job is wrong, and in my country, Australia, we have unfair dismissal laws where an employer can be sued for that.

You should also be condemning of Hogan's private conversations being recorded and then given to the press, and for Gawker for using it, knowing it was illegally obtained. Whether you like it or not, saying the N word is not illegal in America (maybe it should be, but it isn't at the moment). Recording someone's private conversation without their knowledge is. So who committed the greater wrong in this case.

Also, if you make racism illegal, who decides what is racist or not. An employer could fire a black employee for, say, stealing from him, and the black man plays the "Race" card. It opens it up to deniability and lack of accountability. Look how white cops are being treated at the moment about dealing with black criminals. Police should be allowed to do their job (and there are good cops too, who do the right thing, despite what the media tell you) and be able to deal with a criminal as they need to, and if they need to shoot a black criminal who pulls a gun on them, it isn't a race issue, it is a cop wanting to come home alive to his family that night. But warped society mourns more for a dead black criminal than a dead white cop.

Yes, racism needs to be stamped out. But so does political correctness, where a few loudmouths use their influence to dictate how the rest of us must feel, act and say. The private home is one of the last havens where you can be yourself, without regulation, yet now even private conversations are being recorded.

I have never seen the media make a massive song and dance about Robert Mugabwe's racism towards white people in South Africa like they did back in the day about aparteid against blacks (and both were and are wrong). I am addressing more the favouritism blacks get from media outlets, which then seeps into society. Martin Luther King (who I consider a great man) asked that his four children be "judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character". I agree, and people who do right or wrong need to have that acknowledged, whether they are black or white, without race coming into it.

How do you feel that there are "Star Wars" fans bagging the most recent movies, because there is a black guy who is prominent in it, and some SW fans feel that his inclusion is purely PC and "pushing the barrow" rather than just having a character in the movie, who is played by a black actor. I think the actor is good and deserves the role, and his color isn't made a factor in the movies (he is potrayed in a positive light a lot of the time, and plays an important role in the film). Do you condemn these fans for assuming that SW cast a black actor because of tokenism, rather than on merit?

Anyway, I think Vince has other reasons to drop Hogan out of WWE, more personal ones, and is using this as a PR exercise, when it is a square-up as well (he can't make money out of Hogan anymore, and has never forgiven him for turning against him in court during the drug trial and then jumping to WCW, and almost putting WWE out of business. Vince is not a forgiving man, and Hogan won't come back until Vince can make money off him, and Vince also comes out looking good for dropping a "racist" in the process).

If WWE REALLY cared about racism, they would have fired the backstage guy who racially vilified Alberto Del Rio,at the time, instead of firing Alberto instead and then only firing the racist employee when the media made a big deal out of it.

I would love for Hogan to come back into the fold. Have him in some backstage segment with The New Day. Snuka killed a woman, Austin beat his wife....please. WWE forgive and forget solely when its suits a purpose. HHH will have Hogan back when it suits there agenda

In my opinion, Terry Bollea may or may not be a racist. I don’t think he is, but I also don’t care if he is. Hulk Hogan, on the other hand, is the greatest Hall Of Fame Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment Legend in history. Although he is 5B on my personal favorites list behind 1. Chris Jericho, 2A. Stone Cold Steve Austin, 2B. The Rock, 4. Kurt Angle, and 5A. Ric Flair, in that order, Hollywood is still “Superman” in my view. I understand that it’s impossible to separate the man from the character, but it is what it is. It’s not as simple as black and white, but I guess it’s as complicated as such. I, for one, would love him back in the WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back