Cena Region, East Rutherford Subregion, First Round:(15)M. Misawa vs.(18)Seth Rollins

Who Wins This Match?

• Mitsuharu Misawa

• Seth Rollins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, East Rutherford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey.

front.jpg

200full-.jpg

#15. Mitsuharu Misawa

Vs.

5ae75f845060fc12922ee536c362f252_crop_north.jpg

#18. Seth Rollins

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Rollins had a good run as champion, but he has yet to do anything to convince me that he is the long term solution to the Cena retirement question. Misawa was a huge star in Japan and I think the sheer volume of his accomplishments there should see him through here against a guy yet to prove that he isn't a one hit wonder.

As entertaining as Rollins is in the ring, I don't think there's a case to be made to out him anywhere near the level of Misawa. When Rollins has a list of moves he's innovated, and matches and feuds with international legends, then maybe this becomes a discussion. But, if Rollins has more than a handful of votes when this is done, y'all need some education. :disappointed:

I think Seth Rollins is an amazing performer, but admittedly most of that feeling comes from feeling sympathetic toward him for his injury. Seth was a great heel champion, but damn. Mitsuhara Misawa, a name that translates to "BAH GAWD!" in Rossish if you've ever seen his better matches.

I won't hand out any sympathy votes, that would just be insulting. Vote Mitsuhara Misawa.

Misawa's accolades will give him the win. Rollins has only worked top heel, and he should lose to the top babyface. That's all the logic I'm expending on this one.

Rollins had a solid run with The Shield and was an unexpected gem as a heel champ afterward. Can't wait for his return.

Still not a chance in hell he takes this one. Misawa is a legend and would take this match. Rollins is not on his level yet & only a true top guy will take him out.

Hey man, I get that you were a POW in a cave in Siberia for the whole year.

All you have to do is look up what any person who is paid to discuss wrestling has to say about it. Easily one of the worst title reigns of all time, and it's universally agreed. I kbow, I know, he does flips.

Yeah Rollins should not even be as close as he is, maybe in future but not now. Misawa is such an icon in this industry, he is in what is arguably the greatest match of all time with him on the 3rd of June 1994 with Toshiaki Kawada. Rollins while he has had good matches he has never had one that could very well the best of all time.

Misawa also has an epic entrance theme as well.

The list of legends that Misawa has faced is incredible, but Misawa was at the top of AJPW during the best period of a wrestling company in terms of quality. He was Champion for 705 days his first reign.

Are you kidding me? How is Seth Rollins losing this?

How many people has even heard of Mitsuharu Misawa?

Which one of these is the most appropriate response?

:disappointed::confused::wtf::rolleyes::lmao:

It's fine that you've never heard of Misawa. It's fine that you voted for Rollins because you never heard of Misawa. You should have at least looked him up before making this post and making yourself look foolish. Wrestling did exist before you started watching. Obviously all the people that voted for Misawa have heard of him. Obviously all the people responsible for correctly seeding Misawa above Rollins have heard of him. Misawa is much more decorated and much more accomplished than Rollins. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the guy. Honestly, I've only seen a few of his matches, but then again I never saw Willie Mays play but I know to vote for him over Andrew McCutchen in a poll of best centerfielders. This is an easy one and Rollins really shouldn't even be as close as he is.

:twak:

I'm happy Misawa's winning, but I'm flabbergasted that the vote is 30-20. That's just insane. And it tells me a lot about how Misawa is going to do in the next round, against Bret. This match has zero business being this close. I like Rollins, and I get that he was one of the better things in the WWE over the last 12 months, but the best piece of shit still smells like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back