Cena Region, Leeds Subregion, Second Round: (6) Harley Race vs. (11) Jake Roberts

Who Wins This Match?

• Harley Race

• Jake Roberts

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Cena Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the First Direct Arena in Leeds, England.

first-direct-arena400x264.jpg

harleyrace%283%29.jpg

#6. Harley Race

Vs.

file_187255_7_jake-the-snake-roberts.jpg

#11. Jake Roberts

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted

Roberts was a great promo guy, and the DDT may be the most over move in history, but he was never quite in the very top echelon of performers like Harley Race was, I think Race has this.

Harley, in a great match. Had Jake gone past his demons, he could have crossed over from wrestling to so much more.

Harley is one of the toughest men I have read about and one of those guys who grew up wrestling. While his matches (for me atleast) could be drawn out at times but the crowd was invested. Harley takes this.

Roberts was a great heel, but Race was better at it. One tough son of a bitch battles a psychological master. Good battle, but Race takes it.

I love both of these guys, the two best heel voices of all time. Yes I said heel voices.

I'll use the same criteria I used for Hall/Orton for this as well since it's the only way I can really decide between these guys. Harley's an 8 time World Champion and was the face of the NWA before Flair. People rarely seem to remember that. Jake's a 0 time World champ and was a very over upper-midcard guy. Guaranteed an incredible feud out of these guys had it ever happened, but I don't see a situation in which Jake would have gone over Race.

I voted Jake, and here's why.

Race was a great heel, and a pioneer for a lot of things that heels continue to do to this day, but Roberts was also, and that's largely forgotten. He was the original "Cerebral Assassin", and was solid in the ring on top of it. I respect the fact that Harley will win this, but Roberts deserves some love here.

Jake Roberts, for all his entertaining, was little more than a mid-carder at best. Sure, he won his share of lower level TV titles. He also won Smoky Mountain's World strap, as well as Stampede's NA strap. However, he was little more than a jobber in Florida. Same in WWF.

Compare that to Harley Race winning the NWA World strap 7 TIMES! That is right. Harley Race was a 7-time World Champeen. He won the PWF World strap in All Japan. Two-time PWI Wrestler of the Year, Two time, Wrestling Observer Wrestler of the Year.

I cannot believe I have to post something defending Harley Race against a glorified jobber like Jake the Snake. Vote for the Champ! Harley Race.

However, he was little more than a jobber in WWF.
I don't know much about Jake Roberts' career but I do know this is complete and utter horseshit and proves you have no idea what the definition of the word jobber is.

No he never won the WWF title, no he was never the face of a company like Race was in the NWA. Just because he doesn't have the title resume that Race has in no way makes him a jobber.

The man was one of if not the best at getting in people's heads just look at his feud with Randy Savage. Damian popping out of those wedding gifts that got in Savage's head. As did the multiple bites Savage took from said snake.

I don't know much about his feud with Undertaker other than the fact they feuded so I can't go into this one but it does beg this question.

Would they have let a jobber feud with these 2 men? Absolutely not, it would be like. Heath Slater feuding with John Cena and Triple H.

I was leaning towards voting for Race and while he's still more than likely going to win I'm voting for Jake Roberts and your asinine comment is the reason why.

I don't know much about Jake Roberts' career but I do know this is complete and utter horseshit and proves you have no idea what the definition of the word jobber is.

No he never won the WWF title, no he was never the face of a company like Race was in the NWA. Just because he doesn't have the title resume that Race has in no way makes him a jobber.

The man was one of if not the best at getting in people's heads just look at his feud with Randy Savage. Damian popping out of those wedding gifts that got in Savage's head. As did the multiple bites Savage took from said snake.

I don't know much about his feud with Undertaker other than the fact they feuded so I can't go into this one but it does beg this question.

Would they have let a jobber feud with these 2 men? Absolutely not, it would be like. Heath Slater feuding with John Cena and Triple H.

I was leaning towards voting for Race and while he's still more than likely going to win I'm voting for Jake Roberts and your asinine comment is the reason why.
Calm down, buddy.

Yes, Jake Roberts was nowhere near the level of a jobber in any way. He was surely a great talent though.

But Harley Race is just too big competitor for Roberts to go over in this match. Both are surely legends but Race is a better one.

Calm down, buddy.

Yes, Jake Roberts was nowhere near the level of a jobber in any way. He was surely a great talent though.

But Harley Race is just too big competitor for Roberts to go over in this match. Both are surely legends but Race is a better one.
I understand that completely. I will be one of the fist to say Race is by far a bigger Legend. His amazing career and the fact that he was the blue print for some of the best heels to come after him. He's winning and should be.

But for someone to say Jake Roberts was a glorified jobber pisses me off and get me to change my vote in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back