Chad Ochocinco v. Coach Lewis at Lockdown?

What good is getting "mainsteam exposure" - when it isn't going to make a difference?

Do you REALLY think anyone sees this on FoxSports or ESPN and thinks "Wow, I have to order this TNA pay per view" ?

OF COURSE NOT!! I think they all (like me) think it's stupid. No one is going to spend $40 for a wrestling show, if they are NOT a wrestling fan. Period.

You are not going to make people who are NOT wrestling fans WATCH wrestling. It doesn't matter who you sign, how many celebrities you get involved...People either like wrestling or they don't. You can't force the issue.

BESIDES the fact, that in order to suck people in with stunts like this - you should at least be putting on a solid product, with compelling storylines. That is definitely NOT happening in TNA.

Has there ever been a "celebrity" angle in wrestling that ACTUALLY made a difference in buy rates and ratings? Publicity is great, but what good is it, if it doesn't put money in your pocket?

What good is getting "mainsteam exposure" - when it isn't going to make a difference?

Do you REALLY think anyone sees this on FoxSports or ESPN and thinks "Wow, I have to order this TNA pay per view" ?

OF COURSE NOT!! I think they all (like me) think it's stupid. No one is going to spend $40 for a wrestling show, if they are NOT a wrestling fan. Period.

You are not going to make people who are NOT wrestling fans WATCH wrestling. It doesn't matter who you sign, how many celebrities you get involved...People either like wrestling or they don't. You can't force the issue.

BESIDES the fact, that in order to suck people in with stunts like this - you should at least be putting on a solid product, with compelling storylines. That is definitely NOT happening in TNA.

Has there ever been a "celebrity" angle in wrestling that ACTUALLY made a difference in buy rates and ratings? Publicity is great, but what good is it, if it doesn't put money in your pocket?

I have to agree with you 100% now if it was someone like Tom Brady or Tony Romo or the Manning Brothers going at it you MIGHT I repeat MIGHT have some intrest.

But a match featuring Ochostinko no football fan is gonna tune into a FREE TNA event for that let alone PAY for one. Its like All the fans they got when the **** from Jersey Shore was there ...it didnt impact the raitings at all...No Jersey Shore fans tuned in cause they dont like wrestling. Its Russo Idiocy at its best like making David Arquette a Champion in WCW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back