Change

Ferbian

Has Returned.
It's something the majority of us encounter every single day in either a large manner, a small manner or a medium manner.

Changes can as well have influence on yourself, your partner or some complete stranger.

For example, you could get fired, your partner gets a new job, or someone is killed.

Changes can come in form of negative things that has influence on you in a bad way because it kills your good humor, or makes it worse, as well as it can be a positive thing that lightens up your day, and ultimately it can be something that has absolutely no affect on you because all in all, it changes nothing.

It's something we hear about constantly, even on this forum, people wanting change in the main event picture, people wanting change of gimmicks, even people wanting change of names on the forum.

With all this in mind, I ask you:

How do you react to a positive change?

How do you react to a negative change?

How do you try to deal with these changes?

How do you react to a positive change?
Really? Ok. Well positive change is positive. I act accordingly i.e. I welcome it and embrace it.
How do you react to a negative change?
Can I simply say i don't like it? C'mon, it's negative, therefore I either see if I can change it back or move forward and change it again into an eventually positive --albeit different positive-- situation. What I don't do is wallow in it and leave it as is (when it actually is changeable of course).
How do you try to deal with these changes?
The degree of change warrants the strength of my response. Little changes (good or bad) I take in stride and just incorporate into the reality of my life. Big changes (negative) are dealt with with the appropriate level of dedication and priority. Finally, if it's a negative change that I can't do much about, I put my energies towards learning what I can from/about it, so as to develop the coping skills to not have it (or something similarly devastating) effect my life as severely the next time it comes around. Likewise, I try to reach out to those in similar situations for support and help, and offer my own help to those who may eventually find themselves in similar circumstances.

Life is full of changes. I often react to positive changes happily, and (like many people) I don't always react well to negative changes. Change is a part of life and we can't always control what changes, but we can control how we act afterwards. When positive changes have taken place, I try to build happy memories within the new situation because that will come in handy should a negative change occur. You never know what you have until it's gone, and people take things for granted then learn this the hard way. The way I try to deal with negative changes is to think about happy memories, to help get me through tough times. Often there are times when negative change can lead into a positive change later on. Basically.... I try to not take positive changes for granted and try to deal with negative changes in the best way that I possibly can.

Nice thread!

I typically react well to positive change, and I always try to in a humble manner. I try to accept positive change gracefully. I don't want to be overjoyed by it too the point where it is annoying and all "up in your face" type of thing because being humble about a positive change in your life, in any size or fashion, small, medium, or large is something that should be taken with humility and gracefully. This way, I feel more deserving of the positive change as well as feeling that I'm a good person and I've earned it.

Negative change can be depressing physically, mentally, and emotionally. I usually try to mask my feelings of negative change and put on a front because I don't want to let my emotions get the best of me. If it is something I am in control of and I can fix, I'm more focused than ever trying to fix it. Otherwise I will try my best to forget about it, or learn from it but not let it effect me for the future because nothing can be done about it. If I can't mask my feelings, or I snap and react badly to negative change, it usually causes for even worse consequences.

I deal with these changes by accepting and adapting to them, whether they are positive or negative because in the end, you will have to. If I start adapting to them earlier, then I will be able to recover from negative changes or use positive changes in order to propel myself even further.

Great thread Ferbian!

Reaction to a positive change? Well i embrace it and try to make everything of it.
Reaction to a negative change? Well you have to deal with it really, if i can make it into a positive i will do everything i can to, if its a change like a bereavement then those sort of changes need time and patience.
The way i try to deal with change depends on the type of change. I've always been someone that has worked hard. With changes academically, whether it was school or college or University, i've always knuckled down. With work related changes it depends. Sometimes i can be stubborn and to an extent pig headed if i dont agree with it but you have to see a bigger picture i think. With some others it takes time and also importantly, an understanding of why its happened. With bereavement kind of changes its about time and support really from those close to you to make it better.

This is totally going to make me look like a complete idiot, but you asked a question and I felt like answering it honestly.

I have a tendency to look at things very cynically. Every negative change is usually the worst thing to ever happen in the history of the entire planet and every good thing normally results in a, "meh." or an "I guess it could be worse".

As far as dealing with change goes, I'm a lot better at it than I thought I was. The advantage of looking a negative changes as the worse things to ever happen in the history of humanity means I normally approach them like I'm trying to deal with climate change, an oil spil, a massive natural disaster, a terrorist attack, or something else really epic. Which makes me sound like a bit of a drama queen. . .which is totally accurate. . but, I'm not sure I wanted a bunch of guys on a wrestling forum to know that about me. :p (Great topic, Ferbian)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back