Create a Slammy category

TheICChampion

The hardcore casual fan
I just finished watching Aftermath on Sportsnet 360 here in Canada, and they were coming up with their own Slammy categories and who they would award them to. I thought this could be fun and hopefully creative, so I decided to create this thread. So, I open it up to you guys. What kind of Slammy category could you come up with, and who would you award the Slammy to? Mine would be:

Facepalm Moment of the Year

I would award this Slammy to the WWE creative team for coming up with the ridiculous Stairs match for TLC. Or is it TLC and S? I don't know, I just think that while it's certainly new, new doesn't always mean good. Even though I know that these people are known for coming up with dumb ideas and having them actually come to fruition, I never, in a million years, thought this would actually happen. So, that's my fake Slammy category. What can you guys come up with?

They seem to shuffle a few categories every year based on what was more prominent that year. For instance, in 2011, they had "Pipebomb of the year" (no points for guessing who the winner was) and "Holy s**t moment of the year" which Big Show and Mark Henry won for breaking the ring. In 2012, they had "Newcomer of the year" and "Kiss of the year." In 2013 they had "Feat of strength of the year" (which was a part of the wwe.com slammy awards in 2012), "Best dance moves," and "Faction of the year." They can bring back Debutant/Newcomer of the year, where the nominees will be Paige, Sting, Emma (?), and Adam Rose. They can present an award for a change/reshuffle in gimmick; the nominees can be Mercury/Noble, Tyson Kidd, A New Day and Stardust. In addition to that, they can give a "Diva of the year" award, where the nominees will be AJ Lee, Paige, Nikki Bella and maybe the NXT divas champion... Speaking of which, they can also have "NXT Superstar of the year" and "NXT acquisition of the year;" Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze can be the nominees for the former, while Hideo Itami, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens and Kalisto can be the nominees for the latter. Furthermore, they can also have a "Future of the WWE" category, where the nominees will be Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt. Finally, they can add an "Accomplishment of the year" award, where the nominees will be Brock Lesnar ending the streak, Daniel Bryan winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Brock Lesnar winning the WWE WHC, and Seth Rollins winning the MITB briefcase.

How about "Best Superstar of the Year - Chosen by the fans and not picked to fit a storyline"

"Best new finisher"

Rusev - The Accolade
Ambrose - Dirty Deeds
Rollins - Piece of mind (curb stomp)
Reigns - Spear (should be his finisher because he's perfected it)
Cesaro - Neutralizer

I know these aren't all brand new but you get the idea.

When I think of the slammys Owen Hart immediately springs to mind, if possible would have a Owen Hart underappreciated superstar of the year award.

^^ This would be a good idea to actually have an Underappreciated Superstar of the Year award. The only problem is, Cena would be the only guy on the main roster who wouldn't be a nominee.

I didn't even know he still had job here award

Winner: David Otunga

Why does he still have a job here award

Winner: David Otunga.

I'd like there to be some "shoot" categories..
Maybe like "botch of the year" It could be given to a guy who jumps off a turnbuckle and completely misses his target or something like that.

I'm surprised that they didn't bring back the "(HOLLYWOOD) HULK HOGAN Real American Award". You would think Jack Swagger would be a lock for that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back