cruiserweight division dead?

X

xjbiskit

first they start banning all the cruiserweight moves so there goes the 450 splash then they make mysterio heavywieght champ, helms doesnt even deffend his belt he's just sitting on it and now their putting mattt hardy in the cruiserweight divison. Super crazy, psicosis, london none of them are even going for the belt cruiserweights is what made me watch smackdown now its just boring u see tatanka losing everynight crappy diva contest crappy diva matches and some stupid contract signing maybe they should make ecw 2 hours and move all the cruiserweights over to ecw

i heard about this whats this about wwe not allowing high risk moves or something along those lines,this will just waste any thing that is left of there cruiserweight division and is also the explaination for the downfall in rating on smackdown

that was what made me change to wcw for the last 8 months of its programming these where making better use of there cruiserweights

The Cruiserweight Div is not all to blame for the downfall of SD!... It just lost a lot of its Superstars... Benoit is scheduled to return Sept 11... I dont know who else is out anymore... But there all mostly back...

Back to the CW Div... I dont think its dead.... Its just they dont know what to do with the Tag Div... So they make all the CW go for the Tag Titles... That will probably stop as soon as they establish some new Tag Teams... Like Regal/Finlay... Burke/Turkay.... And if Killings comes to the WWE... 2Cool... As soon as they fix the Tag Div.... They'll put the CW's back where they belong

WWE as a company has never leant itself to promoting cruiserweight wrestling. Shane hates it. Vince could care less. They hire some of the best talent in the world and force them to water down their offense?!? This is what makes the cruiserweights unique! They perform offense the big guys can't hope to do, but because Vince bleeds too many performances out of the guys, he cuts off their bread and butter. They signed Taka in '97 or so and it could've been the greatest thing to happen to American cruiserweight wrestling. Instead, WWE single-handedly pissed his potential down the drain. I remember watching him at the first Barely Legal PPV and thinking: "this kid would give Mysterio a run for his money any day." Too bad WWE is retarted. They never give the cruiserweights a chance to do any gimmick matches either, and I know it's because it'll make slow-ass old-timers like Undertaker and Kane look bad because they can't hope to duplicate a fraction of the offense a guy like Paul London could.

First the WWE should unban ALL the moves. Next I would move the crusierweight divison and title to WWECW where in WWECW if they give control to Paul Heyman, Paul will definatly use the divison and showcase it more then Vince and the SD! crew does. Next I'll hire some of the great wrestlers that are free agents or are in other promotions like Teddy Hart, Jinsei Shinzaki, Petey Williams, Bryan Danielson, Chris Jericho, Billy Kidman, AJ Styles, Juventud, Christopher Daniels and Rey Bucanero, All this will make the WWE cruiserweight divison the greatest pure wrestling divison on earth but now that tilte goes to TNA's X Divison

yeah taka was pretty good he brought so many moves to america

gamehead said:
First the WWE should unban ALL the moves. Next I would move the crusierweight divison and title to WWECW where in WWECW if they give control to Paul Heyman, Paul will definatly use the divison and showcase it more then Vince and the SD! crew does. Next I'll hire some of the great wrestlers that are free agents or are in other promotions like Teddy Hart, Jinsei Shinzaki, Petey Williams, Bryan Danielson, Chris Jericho, Billy Kidman, AJ Styles Juventud, Christopher Daniels and Rey Bucanero, All this will make the WWE cruiserweight divison the greatest pure wrestling divison on earth but now that tilte goes to TNA's X Divison

I think Jericho is a little to big to go for the CW title... But I agree with the rest of them.... Tho theres also no chance of Styles going to the WWE soon.... I dont think they really need all of them... But they could use Kidman, Juvi, and Teddy... And the WWECW thing is also a good idea... Heyman would use them a lot better then Vince would... But its prob not gonna happen... :( ... All I think they need to do is kill the Tag Teams that are CW's and let them be what they are... Also when Rey comes back put him back in the CW Title hunt.... Him and Kidman and also Juvi always put on great matches...

I think right now the tag division on SD! is quite well, it's better then it was, London/Kendrick Vs. Pitbulls Vs. Teacher's Pets should be a great match when done at No Mercy (i think they will), but the CW is not quite dead, Super Crazy is out, Psicosis is no where to be seen, Chavo and Rey are feuding in a horrible angle, they should expand the tag division to bring back the cruiserweights of London/Kendrick, and The Pitbulls (Kid Kash & Jamie Noble) add Elijah/Turkey, Finlay/Regal (though they should both be in the US hunt right now, i'd really like to see a Finlay/Regal/Lashley/Kennedy match). They need to bring back some people too, like Billy Kidman, and Juventud Guerrea.

I've said this a thousand times before, WWE needs to stop putting CW's into tag teams. That's what's runining the CW division. What they need to do is get rid of the tag team division on SD, and keep it on Raw. That way all the CW's that are or were on tag teams (Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Super Crazy, Psicosis, etc) can be CW's again.
Flames Out
Dragon

Eternal Dragon said:
I've said this a thousand times before, WWE needs to stop putting CW's into tag teams. That's what's runining the CW division. What they need to do is get rid of the tag team division on SD, and keep it on Raw. That way all the CW's that are or were on tag teams (Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Super Crazy, Psicosis, etc) can be CW's again.
Flames Out
Dragon
You might be onto something. They can barely piece together a decent tag division between the two companies as is, but combining it all and then having the other show focus on the cruiserweights could be a good idea. Still, they'd have to up the ante and allow the CW's to perform at their best, rather than the Diet-WWE style of wrestling.

Both the tag teams and CW divisions are suffering becaues they're spread too thinly. Raw barely has any tag teams, while SD has the same ones and barely any CW's. You don't see two Women's titles, or two IC titles-so there's no need for two tag team titles. They should stop banning moves too, it wastes the CW's talent and makes the matches reptitive and boring.

Flames Out
Dragon

Kasey said:
WWE as a company has never leant itself to promoting cruiserweight wrestling. Shane hates it. Vince could care less. They hire some of the best talent in the world and force them to water down their offense?!? This is what makes the cruiserweights unique! They perform offense the big guys can't hope to do, but because Vince bleeds too many performances out of the guys, he cuts off their bread and butter. They signed Taka in '97 or so and it could've been the greatest thing to happen to American cruiserweight wrestling. Instead, WWE single-handedly pissed his potential down the drain. I remember watching him at the first Barely Legal PPV and thinking: "this kid would give Mysterio a run for his money any day." Too bad WWE is retarted. They never give the cruiserweights a chance to do any gimmick matches either, and I know it's because it'll make slow-ass old-timers like Undertaker and Kane look bad because they can't hope to duplicate a fraction of the offense a guy like Paul London could.

exactly i always thought the same about Taka...i think they just sign up the CW talent out of spite of other feds...i mean they have a virtual dream CW roster in Misterio, Chavo, London, Spanky, Noble, Kid Kash, Super Crazy, Guido, Psicosis, Helms; yet they let them vanquish, if they were un ROH or the X division they could truly shine

they never let the division shine...for every Taka there was a Gillberg...or for Dean MAlenko there was a Scotty 2 Hotty...the only time i remember it being interesting was when Tajiri held the title

I remember that WWE used to have great CW talent, once they had Ultimo Dragon, a legend in Japan and I think they completely wasted him. That's what lack of push, and banning moves will get you.

Flames Out
Dragon

heh banning the 450 splash is what got juvi released he did it in the match agianst kash right before getting realesed shootingstarpress is also banned so whats the point of billy kidman coming back

That's the two reasons that the CW division is dead- they got rid of all the CW's and they banned moves (which caused the latter).

Flames Out
Dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back