Cruiserweight GM/Title Situation

mooseman

Pre-Show Stalwart
Who's your GM and what do you do about the title?

I'm naming Dean Malenko the GM. I believe he's still backstage as an agent. As far as the title I set it up as such. Tomorrow Rey Mysterio is a surprise entrant in the Rumble. When they announce the GM you announce a 6-man ladder match to be held at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Cedric gets an automatic bid by way of being the current #1 contender. The other 5 members will picked at random and anyone under a WWE contract and under 205lb is eligible and they will be picked at random at the PPV. But tonight they will announce, at random, the 2nd man, and first of the random 5. That is Rey Mysterio. So that leaves entering the PPV Cedric and Rey known to be in and 4 mystery guys. At the PPV the other 4 guys should make it feel important. So the 4 i'm putting in will be Jack Gallagher (205Live regular) either Tyler Bate or Pete Dunne (to show that anyone under 205 is eligible), Kofi Kingston (established superstar that nobody saw coming) and then finally Ricochet (the holy shit moment). This gives him a month to get acclimated to all things WWE. Ricochet wins and its a massive win considering the names in the match with him.

You know, 205 Live is considered a demotion for any wrestler and that's a stigma I desperately want the WWE to rid themselves of going forward. The 205 Live division shouldn't be considered a death sentence to one's career. Someone like Finn Balor or even a debuting Ricochet should be able to move freely through divisions whenever they feel like it. The Jr. Heavyweights in New Japan are treated like the workhorses they are and once someone wants away from the division, they do a good job at separating them from it. The WWE should be like this.

As for your idea, I like it. WWE needs to start displaying their cruiserweights as the flippy floppy entertainers they are and a ladder match certainly adds to that. Ever since Neville left, they need a name to build the division around and Ricochet is that guy. I'm not saying he's anywhere near ready for the main roster or not but it's certainly a decent idea to have him lead the cruiserweight front. Throw in Mysterio to give the division some credibility and I think it's a fine idea you've got. As for a general manager role, I sincerely hope it's a William Regal-in-NXT-esque gm and not a gm role we see on Raw or Smackdown. There's just too much focus being put on general managers at the moment and I hope this one, whoever it is, takes a backseat to the division.

I think for the GM you need someone with some name value and some one who's good at promos and you need some one who's in the 200 lbs range and doesn't dwarf the Cruiserwieghts. I think Christian would be good as some one with name value and is good at promos, he was a Lightwieght Champion early in his career. I think he would be good at carrying the promos and hopefully help bring out some character and personality of the younger talent.
As for the title with Elimination Chamber around the corner why not have that match to crown the new Cruiserwieght Champion. You can have qualifying matches in the upcoming weeks to help build towards the match. They have been pushing Cedric so they might as well give him a run with the title. He's got a good look and is good ring and it's a good opportunity to build around someone new.

Look, Player, you had a legend that could add some nice entertainment value as a GM to 205 Live. How about bringing back Teddy Long for the GM role? He knows how to stir the pot. And, he would be a good replacement for Enzo Amore as Long has the gift of gab. The fans would love him, and 205 Live would do better in having him. OK, player?

Look, Player, you had a legend that could add some nice entertainment value as a GM to 205 Live. How about bringing back Teddy Long for the GM role? He knows how to stir the pot. And, he would be a good replacement for Enzo Amore as Long has the gift of gab. The fans would love him, and 205 Live would do better in having him. OK, player?

Unless WWE start taking tag teams seriously, Teddy Long won't do any good with 205 Live.

Why not bring in Rockstar Spud as the GM of 205 live. The guy is brilliant on the mic and would help make the brand entertaining again. As for the title situation, since Cedric was the number 1 contender prior to the whole enzo situation, with not have either a tournament for to see who will face him at elimination chamber or have a multi match man for the title and have Neville come back and save the division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back