Divas Royal Rumble Match

GeTiTT

Pre-Show Stalwart
So with WWE really putting a lot of focus on the divas and including them more in all events, I was thinking what is the chance of us seeing a Divas Royal Rumble(not battle royal) match in 2016?

for starters I'm really hoping to see a Paige vs Alundra match at the rumble for the thrashed women's title. So that would be the divas match for the title. But then we have about 15 other divas not doing anything. I think this would be a great jump in a different direction for the divas and really build the number one contender going into Wrestlemania.

Thoughts?

Let me just address a few things.

1) Blayze is 51 and hasn't wrestled a match that I know of since late 2000/early 2001. I have no desire to see a woman who is literally most famous for throwing a title in the trash wrestle a match. She is literally older than The Undertaker.

2) Bringing back the Women's Title will do nothing. It isn't going to magically restore the prestige of the division. They could call it the Diva's Title, the Women's Title, the Female Title, the Poo Poo Cocky Pop Title, the name and design doesn't mean jack shit if they don't allow the performers to showcase themselves and give them actual screen time.

3) Remember the Diva's Battle Royal they had a while back that Kaitlyn won by accident? It was garbage, full of botched spots and bad wrestling. They seem to have some shitty battle royal each time they need a number one contender, and each time it is a hot mess.

4) The majority of the Diva's division is currently made up of former or aspiring models who have little actual wrestling training (Thanks Big Johnny). Those who can wrestle have some sort of current hitch. Nikki is hurt, Natalya has the personality of a sponge, Lynch and Sasha are under utilized, Charlotte is bad on the mic, and Paige looks like she is just there to collect a check at this point. Maybe some of those things will change before January, but as it stands I have no desire to see the ladies in a Royal Rumble or any type of gimmick match.

Battle Royal's end in disaster though. A divas Royal Rumble won't be any different. Alundra Blayze is not having another match, i don't think people realize how old she is and how long it's been since she wrestled. There's like 5% chance of it happening.. What would the Woman's title do?.. It doesn't look like anything special and not sure if people know this, but the woman are called "DIVAS" in WWE.. That will never change.. A title is a title, all they need is to book the champion properly. Bringing in the Woman's title would kill all prestige that title had when it went away. Do people really want that to happen? It's better they keep the worthless Divas Title until they learn how to book these people again. Clearly they lost their touch.

For 3rd time, Alundra Blaze vs Paige is just the hype for DLC for WWE 2k16 game expansion amd nothing more then that. How people think its something more is just beyond me...

And no, there isnt enough valuable contenders for something like that. As I remember there was even Divas Wrestlemania Battle Royale and it was really bad with even Joy Giovanni as one of the contenders. Dont think it would be that good.

3) Remember the Diva's Battle Royal they had a while back that Kaitlyn won by accident? It was garbage, full of botched spots and bad wrestling. They seem to have some shitty battle royal each time they need a number one contender, and each time it is a hot mess.

Oh don't forget that godawful Halloween Battle Royal in which the ****ty Kitty Nikki Bella won when Paige and Alicia Fox thrown out themselves out! Made me puke!

So with WWE really putting a lot of focus on the divas and including them more in all events, I was thinking what is the chance of us seeing a Divas Royal Rumble(not battle royal) match in 2016?

for starters I'm really hoping to see a Paige vs Alundra match at the rumble for the thrashed women's title. So that would be the divas match for the title. But then we have about 15 other divas not doing anything. I think this would be a great jump in a different direction for the divas and really build the number one contender going into Wrestlemania.

Thoughts?

I get where you coming from. I think it could work if they use NXT divas as well.

You wanna know how people will take the Divas seriously? Stop putting them in stupid gimmick matches

Im not directing this solely at the OP, I could absolutely see WWE doing this as a way to "further the divas revolution". But would it really?

The 3 diva team idea was stupid in the first place. Why is Alicia Fox a Bella? Why is Tamina still even around? WWE basically said "Hey, here are some new divas. We're gonna put them with the old ones and continuously do stupid tag matches." It was flawed from the beginning

NXT simply put talented diva vs talented diva and it worked. Crazy shit, right?

A divas Royal Rumble accomplishes nothing IMO. I mean, the extra divas your talking about are irrelevant for a reason. Do you really wanna see Tamina mean mug for 10 seconds before awkwardly falling over the bottom rope? Do we need to see Cameron do the same thing but be even more awkwardly?

Let me just address a few things.

1) Blayze is 51 and hasn't wrestled a match that I know of since late 2000/early 2001. I have no desire to see a woman who is literally most famous for throwing a title in the trash wrestle a match. She is literally older than The Undertaker.

2) Bringing back the Women's Title will do nothing. It isn't going to magically restore the prestige of the division. They could call it the Diva's Title, the Women's Title, the Female Title, the Poo Poo Cocky Pop Title, the name and design doesn't mean jack shit if they don't allow the performers to showcase themselves and give them actual screen time.

4) The majority of the Diva's division is currently made up of former or aspiring models who have little actual wrestling training (Thanks Big Johnny). Those who can wrestle have some sort of current hitch. Nikki is hurt, Natalya has the personality of a sponge, Lynch and Sasha are under utilized, Charlotte is bad on the mic, and Paige looks like she is just there to collect a check at this point. Maybe some of those things will change before January, but as it stands I have no desire to see the ladies in a Royal Rumble or any type of gimmick match.

Maybe you think that the Divas should be in their rightful place, which, in your world would be for them to be back in the kitchen or sprawled over your bed.

That's all you think they are good, right?

Personally, I don't know what all the big thing about Alundra Blayze/Madusa is about. She hasn't been relevant in wrestling for well over 20 years, she's in her 50s and there's a strong possibility that a hefty portion of fans won't know or care about who she is.

Also, what exactly is gained by this match? If Paige wins, she's beaten a 50+ year old nobody, generally speaking as she's been out of wrestling since WCW went tits up, and if Paige loses, then she's been beaten by a 50+ year old nobody.

Another thing to consider is the genuine possibility that there's a huge Alundra/Madusa has a massive amount of ring rust considering that the last time she really, genuinely wrestled was nearly 20 years ago before essentially doing nothing in WCW. Also, she LOOKS like she can still go but, then again, so does Hulk Hogan and he wasn't given medical clearance to wrestle.

Just keep going in the direction they're going: building up the Diva Division at a steady pace, focus on giving the women actual storylines, feuds & characters and hope that it'll someday fulfill its potential rather than worrying about digging up some irrelevant relic from the past just because she's stirred a modest buzz on social media.

I think the big issue with Divas Battle Royals I've seen before has always been that they're given no time and have to scramble eliminate, and most the ladies have less signatures and gimmicks than the men, so they don't all have their opportunity to shine or show off. Given a fully timed, and serious Diva Rumble could actually work out, instead of them having 10 minutes to eliminate 15 women and starting in the ring together.

As far as Madusa.... No, Just no, don't Bury the young ladies who are trying to make a name for themselves, by either pushing a 50+ year old over them, or making them protect a 50+ year old. We also, have plenty of women who could use the PPV spot, taking that away from someone who needs more exposure is criminal.

Always hated Diva battle royals or anything that involved too many confused Divas botching the hell out of everything. The Divas only look strong in smaller numbers, say a triple threat match or a one on one match.

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks for the Divas Title. Charlotte accidentally spears the ref, The Glamazon returns and destroys Charlotte and Banks becomes new champion.

I would love to see an Alundra Blayze vs Paige match in kind of like a current title vs the original title that was never lost match, She's 51 but to be fair anyone over 30 is way too old to still be wrestling in most of the IWC's minds she still looks relatively good for 51 and hasn't appeared to have changed much since I last seen her about 15 years ago so I'm sure just one more match isn't impossible, Although difficult for some on here to believe some 51 year olds can live fairly active lifestyles and some can even hold down full time jobs with some even walking unaided etc their not quite all on their death beds at 51.
Not forgetting Mae Young who wrestled untill she was nearly 90.

This is about being optimistic and looking to advance the divas division not set it back.

1. For those of you who dont know a battle royal and royal rumble although semi similar, they are 2 different matches. Meaning we won't see 15 divas begin at once and try to eliminate in 5 mins. There will be time where there is 1 on 1, 3 on 1 and different pairings. You know, normal royal rumble situations.

2. There are much better divas on the roster now then there was when they had the divas WM battle royal, by far. Royal Rumble is also known for introducing new talents and bringing back old talents. (i.e. we can see Bailey, Askua, Dana Brooke, Beth Phoenix, Eve Torres, AJ Lee, Lita, Trish)

3. Fabulous Moolah last held the title back in 99 when she was probably 70 years old and still competed in matches vs the attitude era divas. Yes this was for comedy issues but lets look at how Alundra looks...she is in great shape.. Ric Flair held the IC title not to long back.. Hulk Hogan was still competing in matches. So why discredit this hall of famer because she is in her 50s and hasn't wrestled in a few years. No one is expecting her to win. This is just to continue to get Paige over as this young heel diva who believes that she is the divas division and the reason for the divas revolution. Its a cocky ego booster to say that she beat a hall of famer and revived the Womens title.

Yeah they can have a royal rumble if there is no bad booking....... Paige-Madusa could be good but neither of them could gain anything from it......

I would love to see an Alundra Blayze vs Paige match in kind of like a current title vs the original title that was never lost match, She's 51 but to be fair anyone over 30 is way too old to still be wrestling in most of the IWC's minds she still looks relatively good for 51 and hasn't appeared to have changed much since I last seen her about 15 years ago so I'm sure just one more match isn't impossible, Although difficult for some on here to believe some 51 year olds can live fairly active lifestyles and some can even hold down full time jobs with some even walking unaided etc their not quite all on their death beds at 51.
Not forgetting Mae Young who wrestled untill she was nearly 90.

There's a very fine line between doing a PROFESSIONAL sport at 51 vs 30's, Yes, people work and live past 50 regularly, but athletes don't usually, and even in the great legends, theres a decline in their physical prowess around 50. Mae Young didn't "wrestle" so much as she got into the ring and did a few super protected moves for a nostalgia spot (although Bubba putting her through a table was impressive.)

I just have no interest in watching someone who hasnt wrestled in 2 decades taking the spot of the workers who are there every day.

Maybe you think that the Divas should be in their rightful place, which, in your world would be for them to be back in the kitchen or sprawled over your bed.

That's all you think they are good, right?

Fer. Fooks. Sake.

So, it has to be one extreme, or the other, right? Unless you're on your side of the extreme, then you have to be the complete opposite side of the spectrum. If you don't want the women to have a Royal Rumble, then you must be a backwards misogynist.

Come off it, mate. He made some good points about how there are issues to having a women's royal rumble. He said nothing about not wanting women's wrestling to be progressed.

Sometimes, it really do amaze me how much mental gymnastics we'll do to get outraged.

You know why most women's battle royals allow for the women to go through the middle ropes to be eliminated? Because most of the women (not all, read, not all) can't make it over the top without breaking their freaking necks.

Now, you want to ask all of the women to go over the top rope? You don't have the luxury of only picking the women that go over the top...you have to include everyone, because as is, you don't have enough women to fill the actual Rumble match. Unless you included seven surprise entrants (which, again, only works if can they go over the top rope) you can't fill a full thirty women into the match. Now, you could do twenty, but then you're dealing with massive time constraints.

I haven't even begun to consider the arena audience for the match. How are you structuring the Royal Rumble PPV? Does that mean now you have even less matches. A diva's royal rumble, if you had twenty women, would probably take somewhere around thirty minutes. The actual rumble itself takes an hour. You're really meaning to tell me you're going to have your arena sit through ninety minutes of Royal Rumble?

Look, this is a bad idea, but saying it is a bad idea doesn't make you a misogynist. It makes you a realist.

It's an idea I could get behind. There's not enough divas on the main roster to do a full traditional Rumble though. They would have to allow the NXT divas entry into the match and bring back a number of diva legends/alumni. If the WWE took it seriously and don't make a jobber dressed up like a girl win it like they did at Wrestlemania 25, it could be very memorable and historic. If you combine the Raw and NXT divas rosters then throw in about half a dozen legends/alumni then you have a full 30. The Divas Rumble winner gets the Divas Championship shot at Wrestlemania while at Fast Lane or whatever show we have in February, the champion going into Wrestlemania would be determined. It can work and I support WWE trying it at least once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back