Does Canada only get new programming on the WWE Network, and no historic footage?

Creepy Old Man

Championship Contender
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm trying to establish what Canada actually gets. I've been told that in Canada, the WWE Network is just a regular channel on which you get a daily programming schedule as with any other. You get your documentaries, Legends House etc., but what you DON'T get is the back catalogue of historic WWF/E, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and television episodes. From what I understand it'll be the same in the UK: a Sky channel through which only new programming is delivered.

Can anyone confirm or deny what I've said about the Canadian network? Thanks.

Yeah, pretty much that. I mean, we also get an On-Demand channel included but there isn't a whole lot on there yet. But the WWE netpak channel is just documentaries, original programming, sometimes old RAW, SmackDown and PPV's, as well as Live PPV's, Raw pre-show, etc. Then the WWE On-Demand channel is old PPV's and some of the stuff they've shown on the netpak.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm trying to establish what Canada actually gets. I've been told that in Canada, the WWE Network is just a regular channel on which you get a daily programming schedule as with any other. You get your documentaries, Legends House etc., but what you DON'T get is the back catalogue of historic WWF/E, WCW and ECW pay-per-views and television episodes. From what I understand it'll be the same in the UK: a Sky channel through which only new programming is delivered.

Can anyone confirm or deny what I've said about the Canadian network? Thanks.

Here we have something called the Netpak. It consists of two channels through Rogers Cable. Channel 512 is the live streaming network, and it's the same as what the US gets. It shows all the PPV's and a bunch of other shows. My son watches it all the time, I'm hit and miss on it.

Last night for example, there was Main Event, The Monday Night Wars and then Rivalries Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair, I went to bed after that. But the programming changes daily.

The on demand channel is 397 and that's where the cataloger is kept. We don't have access to all that the US gets, but they are uploading more each month. There is enough there to watch unless you have to have everything at once. I'm content to wait.

The one thing we don't have the the lagging and freezing that you get through watching it on the internet, and I pay only $10 a month extra on my cable bill. So when you work it out it's actually cheaper for me than what the US pays. We're happy with it for the time being, if we weren't then we'd use a proxy and get the US version.

Limited selection and $12 a month - welcome to the wwe network in Eastern Canada. For those of us out west, it's a big middle finger as we don't get the cable carrier so we don't get the network. Typical. But from what I have seen in their couple free previews on Sportsnet, it is glitchy at best - constantly going out of sync with the audio. See ya wwe, you obviously don't want my business and millions others so I will give it to your competition instead. Lets see if it makes it past year 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back