Down Goes McGregor

OYDK

King Of The Ring
Conor McGregor finally lost last night at UFC 196 after getting submitted in the second round by Nate Diaz, ending his win streak at 15 fights. McGregor seemed to have this fight in the bag after the first round, getting the better of Diaz in all areas and opening up a significant cut above the eye, but his ego ultimately got the better of him in the second. As I mentioned above, with the fight seemingly in the bag, McGregor started going all Anderson Silva on Diaz, which led to him getting caught and ultimately forcing him to play defense. I remember saying too, "don't put your hands down" right before he got caught.

I really don't like either of these guys so it didn't matter to me who ended up winning, but I would rather have seen Conor pull it out just for sheer entertainment value. He'll undoubtedly still defend his title at UFC 200, but the story would have been much stronger had he come out on top here and put himself over as unstoppable on a Rousey level. Plus, Diaz is a friggin moron. Very little entertainment value in my opinion. It should be noted that Mcgregor basically jumped 2 weight-classes for this fight, something that could also have played a role in his losing.

In regards to McGregor, I hope this guy doesn't become the next "face" of the UFC. I understand his whole shtick of "selling the fight" but he takes it to an unbearable degree, almost to the point where I don't want to watch any of the crap that he's involved in before the fight because it's so ridiculous. Only reason I favored him here is because Diaz is even more unbearably stupid than McGregor is annoying. Still, it was nice to see McGregor humbled. In case you haven't noticed, I'm mixed on the outcome...

I saw McGregor first time when he squared off against Jose Aldo. He easily knocked out Aldo in about dozen of seconds. I had watched Aldo in the past and knew what he can do.

But still he got easiky knocked out. But what I noticed during McGregor's after match celebrations that ego has surrounded him. He seemed to be like a boastful guy who has talent but boasts of much more than he has.

I didn't know anything about Nate Diaz either. So I was really expecting that McGregor would win. Miesha had just defeated Holms via submission and this match was the main event.

As expected, McGregor dominated in the first round and had his face in blood. I bekieved that Now it would be McGregor damn easily. But I also noticed that McGregor was just overconfident about his strikes and thus didn't defend his body. Thats where Diaz took the advantage in the second round and thus made him submit. Happy to see his ego crash.

Would be fun to see them square off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back