FX's Comedy Lineup

FlexAmerican Dynamite

WZCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
I don't Know if anybody watches FX channel and their thursday night comedy line up which to me has some of the funniest shows on television currently.

1. Louie

Louie C.K. is one of my favorite comedians because of this brilliant show he created. Basically it's about a unlucky,middle aged,overweight with children comedian who just recently got divorced living in New York. It's probably my favorite show in the lineup. It returns for season 3 in Januarary. Make sure to check it out.

2. Archer

The most cleverly written animated comedy on television rite now. I thought I was down with animated comedy after the Simpsons became stale, Seth Mcfarlane completely took over fox sunday nights and south park became more less just not funny, not bad, not irritating or annoying like family guy, just not funny. Anyway this saved it. It's about a superspy called Sterling Archer who is more or less a womanizing,self centered,idiotic asshole. But he's a brilliant spy. Every character on the show is written so perfectly and every episode has continuity and reccuring storyline's and character's and probably the best voice acting it almost makes you wonder how half assed animated are still making it. It also returns this Januarary on the same night as Louie.

3.The League

If you've ever been in a fantasy football league with your friends then this is the show for you. It's a pretty basic show about a group of male(one female)friends in a fantasy football league who basically just get into crazy situations with great dialogue and great witty banter. I don't if any of you guy's have ever seen everyday normal guy but the creater of that Jon Lajoe is on this show he's is so god damn funny and entertaining with his various raps and songs. I'm not in a fantasy football league and most times i can care less about football which is just a testament to how funny the show is keeping even non football fans constantly entertained. The show's third season just endend but will soon return.

4.Always Sunny and Philadelphia

I always saw promos of this show on tv and thought it was really stupid but i just got into this past year and absolutely love it. It's a hard show to explain to be honest because it has more plots and twists than any comedy i've ever seen but it has great writting and is really great. I've always found that shows that have no audience laughter are way more funnier than the ones that do.

So basically this thread has just be telling you about some of the great shows FX has. If you have any questions about any of the shows feel free to ask.

I really should start DVRing Archer. If the rest of the show is even half as funny as the promos it's gotta be hilarious. "You're looking for Predator, aren't you?" "Yes..." hahaha

The rest I've never really had any interest in. Though one of my friends watches The League and says it's pretty good. Especially if you actually follow sports because they use references you'd only know if you did.

I watch all the above mentioned shows except for Archer which just doesn't do it for me. Louie, Sunny and League are required viewing in my house. FX has always done well for these shows - I miss Starved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back