Generations: Bob Orton Jr. Vs. Randy Orton

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
The question being brought to you today is who would win in a match. Would it be the cocky, rule breaking, slithering snake in Randy Orton? Or would it be the cast wearing rule breaking, second fiddle to Roddy Piper in Bob Orton? Who would win and why?

Starting off most would probably think Randy Orton would take this one easily. He is a former three time World Champion, something his father never accomplished. He is an Intercontinental Champion, again something his father never accomplished. But don't count the elder Orton out. He taught Randy everything Randy knows, but as the old saying goes. Did Bob teach Randy everything Bob Orton knows?

I'm sure this would be a slow paced match with plenty of rest holds and brawling involved. Randy would gain the upper hand, then Bob would gain it back. Bob would more than likely even use his cast on his own son, because Bob was all about winning at any cost. In the end though, I would have to go with Randy Orton. As he would hit an RKO out of nowhere more than likely. But even after he hit it. Randy would know he just faced his toughest opponent to date...

I went with Randy Orton. Who would you go with and Why? You can be a mark, or you an look at it from a more serious approach. The choice is yours. Also. If you don't know who Bob Orton is, I suggest you check him out. You will be glad you did.

I would have to give it to Randy Orton. Randy is far better in his time than Bob was in his own. Together in the same period, Randy is far better. He is more toned, athletic, and although he is injury prone, at least his injuries tend to heal, unlike Bob Orton, who must have Osteoporosis, always seems to have a broken arm. In the actual match, Monkey pretty much stated how it would go. It wouldn't be the most pretty of matches, but it would be one for the books. Though in reality, I would be surprised if it hit the eight minute mark.

Definitely Randy Orton. Putting the list of respective accomplishments aside and the fact that Randy is a 'Legend Killer,' the match would showcase a lot of brawling from both sides. I can see side headlocks, a couple of clotheslines and just maybe, just maybe Bob's superplex. That alone would make this match worth seeing. And knowing that Bob Orton Jr can get heel-ish, he can probably pull out all the stops with chairs and casts. That is, if this is a no DQ match. But, ultimately, there will be a surprise or slip-up and boom, an RKO would finish it. Since Randy's the one in shape, he also has the speed advantage.

Well from a old school mentality, though Randy is far superior in ability and attitude, if were going on who could take more punishment, id' say Bob Orton would win hands down.

other than that though, there's no question. Randy takes it in a 1 on 1 battle
If interference happened which in both cases was a prime factor in many of there victories, it could go either way

Bob Orton was highly overrated IMO, but back in those days it was all pretty much smash mouth wrestling which he did well.

Randy has had alot of good classic matches during his career and won alot of championships. Bob Orton didnt really have any memorable matches and to my knowledge he never won any big titles. With that said i think Bob and Randy are basicly the same wrestler. They both work the same type of match and they both use similar wrestling psychology. The only difference is Randy's natural athletic ability and natural charisma. Those two attributes have made Randy Orton into one of the best wrestlers around today. Without that he's basicly just be a younger version of Bob. So i'd give Randy the edge here just do to the intangibles.

In all honesty, I'm not too sure why Bob Orton was ever considered anything great. He really did nothing in his WWF Career. Sure, he was there lingering around with Roddy Piper during the dawn of Wrestlemania, and was a semi-thorn in Hogan's side, but other than that, I really dont' see what the man has done.

Randy Orton on the other hand looksl ike he was born to do the job. The mans body is practically flawless as far as his in ring look goes, and he's quickly establishing himself into an elite list of best in ring psychologist, I would already put him in Raven and Jake Roberts level. The man is simply phenomenal in the ring, on the mic, and out of the ring. Sure, he maybe a real life jack ass, but as far as father vs. Son, the Son is the new standar bearer for the Orton name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back