If these matches happen at Mania where does that leave Orton???? Oh I know

Would you like to see The Rock vs Randy Orton?

• Yes,Dream match

• No,not anymore

• No,never did,never will

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
So we are 7 motnh's away from WrestleMania and everyone has begun discussing the card like crazy. From the matches that pop up are mainly Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns for the belt, Triple H vs Dean Ambrose,Sting vs Undertaker/Bray Wyatt, John Cena vs Seth Rollins/Daniel Bryan,and Batista vs Daniel Bryan. But there are two names we are missing and it makes a dream match. Them two men or The Rock and Randy Orton. This match is long overdue and has been a dream match since 2004. Hell it is arguably the #4 dream match behing Sting/Taker,Cena/Hogan,Punk/Austin. Now this is the perfect time to make it happen if there or no other plans for them. Just think about the card.

Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns (WWE hvt. title)
John Cena vs Seth Rollins
Sting vs Taker
Rock vs. Orton
Batista vs Daniel Bryan
Triple H vs Dean Ambrose.... You've literally got nearly a full card of main events. Maybe even throw in there a face Wyatt vs. Kane with the stipulation (if Kane loses he retires.) What in honor for Wyatt to end a legend like Kane's career. This would really be the next step to the future. Also just imagine the build ups. Raw will have probably the best ratings since the Attitude Era. I could imagine something like The Rock returning in the Rumble match having a staredown with Orton and eliminating him. Orton returns later in the match and throws out Rock planting the seeds. The next night Rock does his "Finally..." bit. He calls out Orton for a fight. Randy sneaks up like the viper he is on Rock and drops him with an RKO and punt's him (taking him out until after EC.) Randy is in the Elimination Chamber match and we hear "If ya Sm-e-ell." Rock doesn't come out though and Randy turns around to a running knee from Bryan getting pinned. The next night Randy goes off on how Rock cost him his title shots twice. Saying Rock " stole from him. He calls out Rock for WrestleMania 31 and say's he will prove he is "the greatest 3rd generation superstar of all-time " in the process. The next week Randy is in the ring calling The Rock a coward for not accepting yet. Rock returns and lay's the smackdown on Orton who retreats. Rock get's on the mic and say's he accepts and runs Orton down about costing Bryan the title in The Authority. How he has been waiting to get him hands on Orton. He say's this match is eleven years in the making. He say's if Randy wants a fight he is right here. Randy runs to the back. The next week Rock is making his entrance before he is attacked by Orton. Randy throws him into the barricade,DDT him on the floor,beats him with a chair and RKO's him on a announce table. WWE.com announces that there will be a contract signing the next week. Rock runs down and beats up Orton before signing the contract. Rock will return to "action" next Monday in a beat the clock challenge to determine the match sipulation at Mania. Orton wins his match against a jobber in 3:00. Rock makes his way down to face Rollins. When Rollins and Rock get's face-to-face. Rock lay's the smackdown knocking Seth out the ring. Seth outside detracts Rock while Orton sneaks up and goes for RKO. But Rock hit's Rock bottom and Seth hits him with the briefcase. It is announced Rock will announce the stipulation on Main Event. Rock picks the match to be Falls Count Anywhere Rock vs Rollins II on SD! doesn't get started when Randy RKO's Rock on Stage.

For me personally, this would have been an interesting match to see circa 2005 with Orton still a very young, rising star in the midst of his Legend Killer character. At that same time, The Rock's movie career was floundering as he hadn't really had a substantial hit since his starring role in The Scorpion King in 2002.

By 2005, The Rock was pretty much already a legend who'd already done everything in WWE while Randy Orton was this young, hungry, fresh faced stud on his way up in the world. Fast forward to 2015, and it's a match that I don't see as being especially appealing. The Rock's on top of the action movie world as his career's revived over the past 3 years and Randy Orton's pretty much a legend himself that's already done everything in WWE that there is to do.

In my opinion, The Rock is unlikely to wrestle again because it puts his movie career in jeopardy. He announced earlier this week that he's signed onto play Black Adam, the archenemy of Captain Marvel, in "Shazam." It's a big budget movie and could be made part of the DC Comics cinematic universe. Mainstream media may sorta look down its nose at professional wrestling as being low brow, but it's obvious that what wrestlers do is physically dangerous. As a result, studios are reluctant to sign guys to starring roles in movies with a budget north of $100 million. The Rock's injury last year could have derailed his part in the Hercules film. Plus, there's been something of a backlash against The Rock, at least to some degree, as he's definitely a focal point for the various critics of the "part timers." As for Randy Orton, I think people are just bored with the guy and it's not hard to understand why. It's not really Orton's fault, people are just burned out on the guy. It's part of the price you pay for being a 6 time World Champion in professional wrestling by he time you're only 30 years old.

Ultimately, I don't see a lot of money in Rock vs. Randy. Will there be interest? Sure, if only because The Rock will be involved, but I don't see it as a match that people will be drooling over. With someone like The Rock, there aren't very many dream matches left for the guy that people will embrace. In my opinion, if he ever did come back to wrestle, I think there'd be more to get out of the whole thing if The Rock faced a member of the roster who actually had something to gain just by being in a match with him. You're not gonna get that with Cena, Randy Orton, Taker, Stone Cold, Batista or Brock Lesnar.

In my opinion, Randy Orton isn't capable of having a "dream match."

There's nobody I want to see him fight, and nobody I hope to see him fight.

I know people like the RKO and all that but dude's just boring.

I think if there's no other plans for these two then this is a fine idea as long as Randy Orton is built up to actual feel worthy of the match. I'd have Orton go over cos he needs a career rejuvenation and I feel like he's going to be around for at least another 8-10 years...

If this comes in at number 4, what comes before at 1,2,3 and whats after? Must be some crap matches

Orton is boring, mainly from the way he's booked there is no consistency and his loss to reigns makes (personally) rock vs reigns more of a dream match

Also what are the boundaries for dream matches

I'd rather see Batista vs. Rock than Orton vs. Rock. Orton should just be used to put younger guys over for the foreseeable future, stick him in a match with someone like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, or Wyatt.

i think right now is the time to evolve Randy Orton's character.. i loved that one RAW where he brutally destroyed Roman Reigns ending with one RKO on the table which didnt break, then the 2nd which broke the table and the ddt on the floor.. i forgot if that was before or after summerslam BECAUSE since that moment they went back to Orton being more of a " walk away heel"...

i say either hit Hunter with an RKO and begin a rebel babyface run where he trusts no one, ambrose kinda fits that role already but you could have two... for example they could be teaming against rollins and kane and when its over they brawl.. not because they hate each other but because each one wants to be the CHAMP or #1 contender to the TITLE... like back in jan feb 1997... austin bret vader sid undertaker, punches ..

but i would prefer to keep Randy heel for now, and keep him a brutal tough guy, who after a promo takes a step back then attacks his rival from behind...

Randy Orton should be the top heel since brock may be champ but its ORTON who is there every week.. ORTON is not boring if you give him involvement in storylines.. rollins may have the briefcase, but he's 2nd to orton...and thats the story orton needs to get angry and stay angry..maybe even attack rollins and go lone wolf which would probably lead to an organic babyface turn..

man that girl sam has no clue about this business.. cena is a babyface, just because an age group boos him doesnt make him a half heel!!! he is 100% babyface, because of how he reacts to those boos and negative crowd responses...

social media didnt exist in 1989 miss lady nexus but teens CHEERED the Macho Man and booed Hulk Hogan... and did you ever watch the NWA in 1988 1989, Teens would come dressed in shirts and ties THROW UP the FOUR Horseman logo, and BOO magnum ta or Dusty and cheer Flair, Arn, Tully, Windham or Ole & JJ...

and Caroline can show you how to dress like a woman, as well as speak like a professional... sorry if shes a young girl, i respect the effort it just stinks..Caroline could Anchor a newsdesk on FoxNews or CNN she has it.!!

Back to ORTON, it sucks when our #1 heel the champ isnt there...BUT it would be wayyy better if WWE established a TOP TV HEEL and a "pecking order"...
sorry haters but MIZ is groundbreaking right now and also relighting the careers of both ZIGGLER and SANDOW...dont say santino about their story, we are gettin quality matches, intelligent spots, and More Meaning for the intercontinental title belt and for talent like Dolph and Damien which they needed... its all about the current story..

the story..hence randy has done enough to get reigns established, i'd like to see rollins and reigns feud and have orton feud with cena, maybe " destroy" him before Night of Champions to try to earn brownie points w/ HHH....... then randy can have a solid story working with DEAN not letting him get to Rollins!

in the end, i'd love to see ORTON, ROLLINS, REIGNS, AMBROSE feuding over the title and cena and wyatt in there too.. shows you how deep that talent pool is when all those guys could be the WWE CHAMPION with no doubt... instead of 6 man matches including Wade Barrett who just isn't there ..yet.. oh yea Cesaro should be in that mix too...

Keep MIZ, ZIGGY, in the ic picture for now throw in kofi.. and make big e a freakin heel for now, good opponent for sheamus..ps why isnt RUSEV tryin to get his hands on the US TITLE..makes no sense.. even if LANA just mentioned it in a QUICK PROMO..

BIG PROBLEM IN WWE... too many LONG, in RING INTERVIEWS / PROMOS we need more 30 second backstage pre-taped promos sometimes just the wrestler tellin you what his goals are...or with a mean gene (renee young)...

i could go on and on..

what say you?

I think if Randy Orton returns to his LEGEND KILLER gimmick, this could be a sensational match,. Imagine if WWE had Old School Raw later in 2014 or early 2015 and Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas are there, and Orton took out Rocky Johnson with an RKO.......BANG that would be fucking huge, and The Rock would be there the following week, snorting smoke to take out OPrton. Rock could take out Bob Orton Jnr in a vignette, really play up the third generation history of the pair. This match really sells itself provided Orton is the cocky arrogant legend killer,l taking out legends along the way. Maybe even when they start to announce the inductees for 2015. Have them cop an RKO each week or fortnight on Raw, then at Old School Raw Orton takes out Rocky Johnson.......The Rock obviously gets the win, and Johnson can throw the big punch to set him up for a rock bottom

I think if Randy Orton returns to his LEGEND KILLER gimmick, this could be a sensational match,. Imagine if WWE had Old School Raw later in 2014 or early 2015 and Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas are there, and Orton took out Rocky Johnson with an RKO.......BANG that would be fucking huge, and The Rock would be there the following week, snorting smoke to take out OPrton. Rock could take out Bob Orton Jnr in a vignette, really play up the third generation history of the pair. This match really sells itself provided Orton is the cocky arrogant legend killer,l taking out legends along the way. Maybe even when they start to announce the inductees for 2015. Have them cop an RKO each week or fortnight on Raw, then at Old School Raw Orton takes out Rocky Johnson.......The Rock obviously gets the win, and Johnson can throw the big punch to set him up for a rock bottom

Randy Orton vs The Rock WrestleMania 31 and the way you have formed this match here, it's perfect, both men are 3rd generation superstars, Orton being the son of Cowboy Bob Orton the grandson of Bob Orton Sr. and Rock being the son of Rocky Johnson the grandson of High Chief Peter Maivia, and both men being mega stars but Rock being an even bigger star than Orton because of his Hollywood superstardom this match is perfect

Orton takes out Rock's father on Old School RAW and Rock in retaliation takes out Cowboy Bob Randy's father as payback

Setting up this match, I just love it all the way around

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back