If you could bring one WWE star over to TNA, who would it be?

WWE.IS.AWESOME

Future Women's Champion
The title says it all. If you had the ability to bring one WWE star to TNA, who would it be and why?

Who could help get TNA on the map and bump it's credibilaty?

Who could work well with the current TNA roster?

Who could earn TNA more money?

Who is one person from the WWE you would personally enjoy seeing in TNA?

Discuss.

Who could help get TNA on the map and bump it's credibility? Randy Orton. Orton is the 2nd best mic worker in the business, right after Mr.Anderson. Orton is the best full package of a wrestler there is right now. The only person who oddly doesn't fit under the WWE banner.

Who could work well with the current TNA roster? Again, Orton is a guy that shouldn't be limited by WWE's cockeyed views of what has to be put on the air and what can't. There are much better wrestlers in TNA which Orton could have classic matches with and cut amazing promos. If he has true love for the business and not the almighty dollar, I feel like Orton should jump ship to TNA in a few years when TNA has eliminated most of their problems, found their identity and solidified their spot as a true alternative to the WWE.

Another guy I can see working in TNA is Matt Sydal. Sydal is tailor made for the X-Division. I always felt that he's wasted on WWE, and will be wasted for the rest of his days with that company. Sydal for TNA, and I think it'll happen down the line if he doesn't go to Ring of Honor after WWE fires him.

Who could earn TNA more money? Cena. I hate Cena the character, Cena the worker is today's Hulk Hogan. Cena is a money mill and that's that.

Who is one person from the WWE you would personally enjoy seeing in TNA? Randy Orton

John Cena, obviously. No one else has the mainstream appeal, drawing power, and capacity to entertain that he does.

If legends the caliber of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair can't do much for TNA's ratings, TNA needs the biggest star of today, and that's definitely John Cena. If WWE fan favorites like Jeff Hardy didn't do much for TNA, they need an even bigger face. John Cena. He's one of the only people (if not the only person) that would actually get a sizable amount of people tuning in to see him.

There's nothing to be said about Cena's in-ring capabilities that hasn't already been said thousands of times. Regardless of the "five moves of doom" argument, the guy can tell a story in the ring, and he can make almost anyone look good when he wants to.

In terms of money, there's no question that Cena would bring in some money for TNA. He's a huge seller in the WWE, so there's no reason why that wouldn't translate over to TNA.

Cena's staying in the WWE, and that's where he should be, but it would certainly help TNA more than any other guy currently in the company. People would give TNA a shot and watch to see Cena, which would alleviate one of TNA's biggest problems: getting people to tune in.

lets be a little realistic here. orton and cena would never go to tna. i would love to see some1 like yoshi tatsu or evan bourne or chavo go to tna. give the x division a needed boost. none of them will be anything more than a jobber in the wwe.

It would have to be a mid-carder from wwe really because if it was a main eventer, they would lose credability going to tna. I think sum1 like ted dibiase would fit in well, wwe hasn't really booked him well since legacy or chavo 'jobber' guerrero to get his wrestling carrer back on track.

Y2J, Jericho for me easily, arguably the best wrestler in WWE, tons of personality, the matches he could put on with AJ and Kurt among others, would be phenomenal (pun intended), he may not be the biggest draw but he is still big, and in TNA he would DEF be one of their biggest draws, deservedly so. He would prolly boost ratings hugely for his debut and I would think a steady if slow rise in ratings after.

lets be a little realistic here. orton and cena would never go to tna. i would love to see some1 like yoshi tatsu or evan bourne or chavo go to tna. give the x division a needed boost. none of them will be anything more than a jobber in the wwe.

Sir there is no realism in a What if/What would you do article. Unless you are speaking to Vince Mcmahon himself or Dixie Carter.

That being said I would like none of my WWE favorites to go to TNA. I prefer them to fight in a WWE ring. If I had to with a gun to my head I would pick Randy Orton. Orton is a fav of mine since 2002 and I believe he'd make TNA watchable to me. If he had to have someone else go with him it would be The Miz.

To the person who said orton is second best when it comes to mic skills, obviously does not have sound on his tv. orton is horrendous when it comes to mic work. he is so damn robotic. that is why he is more of the silent assassin, he cant freaking talk at all.

to answer the question: cena without a doubt. this guy is the cash cow at the moment. the only reason i may not go with this is tna is more adult oriented, whereas cena applies to people around age 15 and lower. he may not actually work out the best. for that reason, my number 2 would be jericho. he may not be the biggest draw, but he has always proven himself to be the company man, and does not mind jobbing. with how much politicking goes on, tna should avoid it and go with the tried and proven jericho.

As much as everyone is saying Cena and how much he's a cash cow, he's a cash cow because of his appeal to females and children. TNA is TV-14, built for a mature audience, Cena's Hustle Loyalty and Respect have no place in the impact zone. I don't think Hogan's 80's character wouldve worked in the Attitude Era and I don't think Cena's character will work in TNA, unless he returned to the Doctor of Thugonomics

That being said, let's bring up someone who actually is the 2nd best mic worker in all of professional wrestling. Let's bring up someone who truly is the 'complete package' more than anyone in this generation of sports entertainment. The only straight edge champion in the history of the WWE, CM Punk. Punk has been a success in every company he's been in, and TNA would be no different. His feud with Jeff Hardy in the WWE was one of the best of Hardy's career and Punk could either continue this rivalry or start new ones in TNA.

Punk is also the same age as Orton and Cena, although he is not making as much money right now (let's keep in mind he's been injured and before then he was getting buried on Smackdown) he's going to be around for just as long as is more talented than both men in my opinion.

No offense, but this is why you guys would fail if you ran a wrestling promotion. Randy Orton would be nothing without the WWE machine behind him so to think he would help TNA in any way is ridiculous. Hell if Kurt Angle couldn't draw more attention to TNA then Orton definitely couldn't.
There is only one guy that could help TNA right now and it's Triple H.
Reasons are simple but I'll explain in detail...
Hunter has a great mind, a great wrestling mind that has not only given him success in the ring but also earned him a spot as Vince's right hand man. Obviously marrying the boss' daughter helped get him "in" with the "in crowd". But make no mistake, hhh has knowledge for the biz that could take TNA to new heights. I'm sure he has learned a heck of a lot from Vince and his knowledge could be vital to TNA.
He may only have a few years left in ring but the HHH character has been so versital over the years that I feel he could get over so many guys in TNA. Giving the rub to guys like Robert Roode, Samoa Joe and Desmond Wolfe would be just a few examples of guys inwould work him with.
All of that said my main reason is that as much as it helps TNA its equally as damaging to WWE to lose The Game. Imagine if he took all if his McMahon-isms to TNA how much it could drive Vince and the family crazy.?! Hes being groomed to run the WWE once Vince retires so imagine what a blow that would be.
Obviously Steph goes to and suddenly we have a real wrestling war on our hands.
It would change the biz forever.
HHH to TNA. I actually wish this would happen.

As much as everyone is saying Cena and how much he's a cash cow, he's a cash cow because of his appeal to females and children. TNA is TV-14, built for a mature audience, Cena's Hustle Loyalty and Respect have no place in the impact zone. I don't think Hogan's 80's character wouldve worked in the Attitude Era and I don't think Cena's character will work in TNA, unless he returned to the Doctor of Thugonomics

That being said, let's bring up someone who actually is the 2nd best mic worker in all of professional wrestling. Let's bring up someone who truly is the 'complete package' more than anyone in this generation of sports entertainment. The only straight edge champion in the history of the WWE, CM Punk. Punk has been a success in every company he's been in, and TNA would be no different. His feud with Jeff Hardy in the WWE was one of the best of Hardy's career and Punk could either continue this rivalry or start new ones in TNA.

Punk is also the same age as Orton and Cena, although he is not making as much money right now (let's keep in mind he's been injured and before then he was getting buried on Smackdown) he's going to be around for just as long as is more talented than both men in my opinion.

In regards to your Cena comments, I'd say that Cena still has a great number of adult male fans. The bulk of his fans are women and children, but in no way does that mean he doesn't have a sizable amount of adult males backing him. In regards to your choice, CM Punk is an incredible worker, and he'd probably do well in TNA. However, you seem to be ignoring some factors in this scenario.

Who could help get TNA on the map and bump it's credibility?
CM Punk doesn't have the drawing power of many guys in the WWE. He has the support of the IWC, and that's about it. A bigger name and IWC darling, Kurt Angle, didn't propel TNA to greatness (though it did bump its credibility up), so I don't see how CM Punk would draw any more than their existing former WWE stars.

Who could work well with the current TNA roster?
CM Punk would work well with the current TNA roster. He's a versatile guy, for the most part. I can't fault your choice in this area.

Who could earn TNA more money?
CM Punk wouldn't bring in as much money as a top name like Cena, Orton, or HHH by a longshot. Again, just the support of the IWC doesn't mean mainstream support, and mainstream support is what translates into money. Punk isn't the most marketable guy, especially when compared with the top WWE stars.

CM Punk definitely isn't the best choice, in my opinion anyways. He'd have great matches and cut great promos in TNA, but there are other people that could do that while still drawing viewers and revenue.

don't watch WWE and haven't seen it much in 2010 so I don't know a lot of the newer names.

you could have the best from WWE to TNA but if the writing and booking isn't very good it wont matter who they are to be real. it would depend on how the new person/people would be in TNA. Mr Kennedy wasn't much in WWE? but he is a star in TNA.

Chris Jerrico?
Edge?
Chris Masters? good look, similar physic to Rob Terry?

the guy who I would pick isn't with WWE anymore, but was there recently. Batista. I think he could change TNA and be a huge factor.

i would have to say nobody. no matter who goes to TNA, TNA will never be at the level WWE is. TNA has alot of talent alot. they dont need anybody else from the WWE because i believe TNA already has a very strong roster. the way that i think TNA can become for successful is if they lose Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, and Vince Russo and to bring in someone who really knows the buisness like Paul Heyman. the problem with TNA is that they have way too big of a roster to just have one show. if it was up to me i would make alot of cuts. i would get rid of hogan, flair, bischoff, russo, jarrett, jeff hardy, matt hardy, robbie e, cookie, kevin nash, rob van dam, sting, team 3d, tommy dreamer and the rest of the ECW guys. they only guys i would even consider keeping is foley and kurt angle because they have a great mind for the buisness and they can really help the younger guys. doing this will help guys like robert roode, matt morgan, the pope, desmond wolfe, and jay lethal. TNA originals will also benefit from this because they have just been getting burried by all these guys TNA is bringing in. these guys are the future of wrestling and TNA needs to realize that. because all they do is give camera time to guys like hogan and his bullshit nWo rip off Immortal.

Imagine Orton in TNA?

They could start the attact at TNA. Have orton lose matches to the likes of AJ styles and Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan.. TNA homebrew. And the have orton do promos saying he hasnt ever faced oponents like these. The best competition hes ever faced. Better than the competition over there. Attack them directly. Use names. BAM. Monday night war 2.

To the person who said orton is second best when it comes to mic skills, obviously does not have sound on his tv. orton is horrendous when it comes to mic work. he is so damn robotic. that is why he is more of the silent assassin, he cant freaking talk at all.

to answer the question: cena without a doubt. this guy is the cash cow at the moment. the only reason i may not go with this is tna is more adult oriented, whereas cena applies to people around age 15 and lower. he may not actually work out the best. for that reason, my number 2 would be jericho. he may not be the biggest draw, but he has always proven himself to be the company man, and does not mind jobbing. with how much politicking goes on, tna should avoid it and go with the tried and proven jericho.
lol cena like all other limit there mic work because of the rating cena can fit into that environment any time u forgot wwe was like that before they switched and cena was big then.

Imagine Orton in TNA?

They could start the attact at TNA. Have orton lose matches to the likes of AJ styles and Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan.. TNA homebrew. And the have orton do promos saying he hasnt ever faced oponents like these. The best competition hes ever faced. Better than the competition over there. Attack them directly. Use names. BAM. Monday night war 2.
sigh lol and spit all over the face of his forefathers, lol really? really? I hate toe say it but HHH would be better for them but as a guy said they dont need anyother wwe talent they need to get rid of the many has-bins they have and let Paul Heyman in now that would make me watch it for once since i heard about TNA i have never been able to watch a full show but with heyman and no hulk n Eric and the rest of the WCW old geezers then boy it would be a joy to watch

why do people think Heyman would be so good in TNA? from what I remember, he didn't exactly make ECW mainstream.
from what I remember about what Heyman wanted to do in TNA is that he had a 5 year plan. build roster for 2 years, exploit roster for 2 years, then another year to get out. 5 years, that's it.

I wish TNA didn't have to always be compared to WWE. TNA should just be TNA. there are so many WWE viewers that will never give TNA a shot, that TNA will never be on the level of WWE. I know TNA themselves must have wanted competition since they for a time went head to head with WWE on Monday nights, but I wish people could just let TNA be TNA.
I also wish WWE fans didn't have to ALWAYS bash TNA. search "TNA" on twitter during Impact on Thursday nights and it's constant bashing about how much TNA sucks and/is boring.

regardless of if/when someone else(others) switch from WWE to TNA, what TNA should be doing is building their own talent. these "has beens" could help with that in losing matches to the likes of Styles, Morgan, ect. but as talented as the TNA originals are, if these well known "has beens" were not there then TNA wouldn't have the casual viewers who know the former WWE wrestlers.
what TNA should also be doing along with building their younger talent, is marketing them and getting their names out so casual viewers know who they are.

No superstar could individually bump TNA into mainstream. Angle, Nash, Booker, Jeff Hardy and RVD couldnt and those guys are pretty mainstream. Time is what TNA needs. As for who I would like to see in TNA, that would have to be John Morrison. Maybe they would actually give him the time of day to mainevent and talk.

After Serious Jones' post I must say I stand corrected, but let's bring this topic up next year and I'll bet Punk will have a lot more drawing power than he did before. As of right now, Punk's status has nothing to do with talent or ability, it is COMPLETELY politics.

In mid-late 2009, CM Punk turned heel and became the biggest heel in pro wrestling at the time. Because of how it all played out people will call me crazy for saying that but listen to his promos in July after his turn (or his 'vicious' attacks on Jeff Hardy) and you'll hear some of the best heel reactions since JBL's title reign on Smackdown. Jeff and Punk worked off of their own gimmicks to make themselves the biggest stars of wrestling, Jeff was definitely getting Cena-esque reactions during those final months just as Punk was getting boo'ed more than Orton was for attacking the McMaMhons earlier that year.

If they kept Punk going with that momentum, he would still be a major player today like Orton and Cena are, but instead they just threw him down to the midcard to job to Big Show for months. Now that he's getting pushed again, don't be surprised if hes a MAJOR star in 2012, '13 and many more years to come

For me this one is easy... CM Punk

He already has plenty of back story being a former TNA employee and he could do a great angle with the Hardys and continue their ongoing feud they are having on the net via youtube and twitter...

Would make for killer entertainment (he could even stir up Matt a bit by mentioning Lita every now and then...)

i would love to see HHH tell daddy war bucks, Vinny Mac to kick rocks. Head over to TNA and run Hogan's ass out of there and run that place with his eyes closed.

Well i like to live in the fantasy world,but for this thread im not going to pretend at this point in time i could get cena,orton,or HHH to come to TnA.So who is a big name that i think would be great for TnA..pEople might rip this apart but i believe Big Show could go back to being the GianT & come to TnA and really help the company.he is getting up there in age,i think the schedule could help extend his carear,and he could have a few title runs that he most likely wont get in the "E".

I know the thread said 1, but i have another.I think Jericho would also be great in TnA.Even though im pretty sure he wont come there why RussO is booking/writing.but if RussO leaves Y2J could come in straight to the main even & do some good fueds with Styles,Anderson,Hardy,Morgan,Samoa Joe,and i know after a year of main event fueds he wouldnt mind stepping down and helping the X-division guys like Shelly & Robbie-E get over.I think Jericho is the best at the Biz on being able to take losses but remain a main event player and help the younger guys get over.

plus i know r-truth will be back in TnA 1 day,so i will like him to come back and fued with pope and angle

!!just 1 guys opinnion!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back