Intl. Region, Leeds Subregion, Second Round: (5) Chris Jericho vs. (12) Ted DiBiase

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Chris Jericho

• Ted DiBiase

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Leeds Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under standard wrestling rules. It will be held at the Leeds Arena in Leeds, England.

Leeds-arena-1.jpg

foto-funny-chris-jericho-asa-cum-nu-l-ai-vazut-niciodata.jpg

#5. Chris Jericho

Vs.

hof_dibiase_andre_title.jpg

#12. Ted DiBiase

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Here are two guys that both deserve to get to the second round but neither should probably make it to the third. One of them has to win though. It's kind of a coin toss here. Both these guys were great mid card wrestlers that could easily be inserted into a main event program at any time. I'll hold off on my vote for now but I'm leaning toward Jericho. If I close my eyes and picture a match between the two I see Jericho getting a quick roll up for the pin and an angry Dibiase complaining about it. I don't have a good argument for either so if anyone would care to post on here in favor of Dibiase you may change my mind.

Here are two guys that both deserve to get to the second round but neither should probably make it to the third. One of them has to win though. It's kind of a coin toss here. Both these guys were great mid card wrestlers that could easily be inserted into a main event program at any time. I'll hold off on my vote for now but I'm leaning toward Jericho. If I close my eyes and picture a match between the two I see Jericho getting a quick roll up for the pin and an angry Dibiase complaining about it. I don't have a good argument for either so if anyone would care to post on here in favor of Dibiase you may change my mind.

The question that has to be asked here is who accomplished more in their prime? Dibiase was a classic heel, but he never really beat anyone of note... and never had a meaningful title reign. No IC title and he bought his only WWF Title reign from Andre the Giant. In his Mid-South days, Dibiase was the NWA National Heavyweight Champion, which was second place to the World Heavyweight title back then.

Chris Jericho, on the other hand, was a major player in the Attiude Era, being the first Undisputed Champion in the company's history, and beating the two biggest stars in the company to do so. He also sold merch, was great on the mic, and has longevity... something MDM didn't have.

There's really no legit case for Dibiase here, Brain. Jericho should win this.

For me it just comes down to Jericho accomplishing more. DiBiase never won the big one, and Jericho was the first undisputed champion. This one was pretty easy for me.

DiBiase never won a world title in WWE, he bought it once though. Awesome?

Jericho won two world titles in the same night against Austin and the Rock in back to back matches. He won world titles after that as well.

Jericho is exponentially better in the ring than DiBiase, and you could make a strong case either way which was better on the mic.

Jericho in a walk.

Ted DiBiase should win this match, because he is a heel mastermind with a lot of money. Know what he will do? Right before the match, Ted comes out to the ring with a mic and announces. "Fozzy is booked for their biggest concert ever at Madison Square Garden. But they are performing.... now!" Then boom, the titantron flashes live footage of Fozzy playing in front of thousands of people in the Garden. Needless to say, Ted wins this match by forfeit.

Jericho's achievements are often overstated, but put simply the most significant moment in his career saw him win a tournament to win the WWE undisputed title. DiBiase's most significant moment saw him lose a tournament to win the WWE title. That should show why Jericho should win.

Ted DiBiase is one of, if not the greatest heels of all time. The issue here is that he did just about everything in his career but become WWF Champion. Jericho was often more of an upper midcard guy, but he has the most IC Title reigns of all time plus a handful of World Title reigns. Jericho's resume wins this.

The Million Dollar Man was a great character, and DiBiase had a solid career before that but Jericho has achieved a fuck ton more than DiBiase ever did. The first ever Undisputed Champion, multiple World Title reigns, the most IC title reigns of anyone in history and main eventing Wrestlemania.

Jericho is a phenomenal talent, both as a face and a heel and is the only pick in this match. Vote Jericho.

really interesting match, two of the most interesting heels this business had. Yet, Jericho had many more memorable moments, matches, iconic feuds and obviously he has carried many more championships around his waist. Jericho wins this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back