Is this war really between TNA and WWE or his it Between USA network and Spike TV?

psykohurricane

Championship Contender
I've notice something for the last 2 weeks, the fact that WWE doesn'T talk about TNA that much but The USA Network actually love to gloat about the fact that Raw is beating IMPACT in the ratings every week.

So i got me thinking was this war really Dixie Carter's idea or was it plan by the brass at Spike TV. I'm sure that Spike TV still holds a grudge against WWE for leaving their network and going back to USA since Spike did everything in their power to get WWE programming in the first place, they even cancelled ECW just so they could get WWE programming and when WWE decided to leave for USA, they were left without a big money show and had to found another wrestling company willing to show their programming on Spike.

Now with the arrival of Hogan in TNA, i think that Spike Tv could get there revenge on WWE and USA network by running TNA against RAW.

I don'T know if you agree with me or not but it seem like this war is more about the TV networks then the wrestling companies.

so true, thats also the reason they got dump by cw, cause upn was own by cbs/viacom the same company that owns spike, and to make matters worst is that when the merge with wb to make cw , because wb was own by aol/time warner the same company that use to own wcw.

it will get worst when universal studios kick tna out the impact zone when the lease runs out cause nbc/universal owns that space, same company that broadcasts raw

The war is definitely between the networks. The fact that Spike is carrying Hogan's and Bischoff's contracts only reinforces that fact. Also, Universal will never kick TNA out of the Impact zone being how the travel and vacation industry is right now and TNAs ability to keep that place SOLD OUT. Even if they did when their lease is up they really need to take the show on the road anyways and go live every week if they want to make a dent in the other companies ratings, or even pull in a new audience. TNA will be fine because IMO and a lot of REAL wrestling fans (not sports entertainment fans), TNA has the superior product.

Yes there is proof that Spke is the one going into it and it has been going since the first TNA special, it was not only TNA that took aim at Raw but also the UFC the next Monday.

UFC was informed they had to present a show on Monday by Spike and the WWE brough Mike Tyson for that.

Even Dana White called Vince a "Monster" for the way he was putting on ashow againts them, which was not really true because it was Only Mike Tyson and it was just a regular Raw with nothing really special going on.

And also @Lil_Rick, sorry but I have to disagree with you that Real wrestling fans knows TNA has a superior product, not because TNA goes "all the way out" every Thursday and now Monday means they have a superior product.

I am not saying that in terms of Wrestling work WWE owns TNA but TNA is not better, not by far, that the WWE reserves the best they have for the PPVs and mostly for the big one is another issue.

If your only point in this arguement is Raw you should watch Smackdown once in a while to judge their product a little bit better.

Like I said, is not that the WWE owns TNA, that is not it, but to say TNA has a superior product is not true either.

I never thought about it that way, but it would explain why Spike has been pushing for the monday night slot for months now (even before Hogan's signing). And even stranger, is that their parent channel canceled another competitor in WSX not too long ago, and even that would explain why a lot of the WSX guys have been on TNA in the last few years.

Personally, I think that TNA knew they weren't ready, and this could be why Dixie has been freaking out. But even still, Spike obviously saw great potential in TNA to move them to Monday Nights, so maybe we'll just have to see what's holding up.

On a side note, I still say that TNA should go to three hours starting at 8pm EST. Sure, being an ROH fan with HDNet, I probably wouldn't watch the first hour, but it's still an hour for the people who only watch TNA and WWE to get an extra hour. And that extra hour could be what brings in the fans from WWE.

It worked for WCW, why can't it work for TNA? They've certainly got the locker room for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back