JAM's View: Comic Book Characters

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
Hey everyone, it's me once again. I'm here to discuss some comic book characters. I suddenly got the urge after watching a lot of comic book based shows such as Teen Titans, Young Justice, Batman: The Brave And The Bold, Justice League Unlimited, etc. So I hope you all enjoy this thread. The rules of the thread is to just give your thoughts. If you agree with what I write say why, if you disagree, give me a reason. Well, here we go. I won't start with the usual Superman or Batman, but instead........

fuciv5.png

What better person to start with than probably the greatest superhero's sidekick, Robin. Now there have been many versions of Robin but the one we are used to seeing better known as Dick Grayson. Grayson actually come from a family of performers called the "Flying Garsons". Grayson's parents were killed after their equipment was sabatoged, causing Grayson to be taken under Bruce Wayne, better known as Batman. With Batman investigating Grayson's parent's murder case and with the help from Dick, they brought justice to this case. And after that, we get Robin, the Boy Wonder, who will forever be known as Batman's sidekick.

Robin is personally my favorite hero because not only is he a badass, but he's in cahoots with probably the greatest superhero, Batman. Who wouldn't want to have a Robin by their side right? He's basically Batman himself but without the whole bat gimmick. Robin's got a good look to him and you can count on him to be there by your side at the end of the day. So there you have it folks, it's the first installment of JAM's View: Comic Book Characters. Now post your thoughts on Robin, the Boy Wonder. Spam-free zone, remember that
:D

Some photos of Robin, the Boy Wonder
2j5ngco.jpg

badass-robin.jpg

Robin-Superboy-teen-titans-18341552-400-300.jpg

robin-young-justice-17995456-640-360.jpg

fuciv5.png

With Batman investigating Grayson's parent's murder case and with the help from Dick, they brought justice to this case.

If you've been reading Nightwing & Batman they have revisited this, very recently, & in a very interesting way, I'm not going to give away any spoilers but it turns out there is more to Graysons past & the Haley Circus than we ever thought. I recommend anyone who is a Batman or Nightwing fan to find the issues & read this arc.

And after that, we get Robin, the Boy Wonder, who will forever be known as Batman's sidekick.

Robin is personally my favorite hero because not only is he a badass, but he's in cahoots with probably the greatest superhero, Batman. Who wouldn't want to have a Robin by their side right?

Well that would depend on which Robin we're talking about, if I was a Batman then I wouldn't mind doing my nightly patrols with a Dick Graysons or Tim Drake version of Robin, however I certainly wouldn't feel to comfortable running around with Damien or Jason Todd. Both Damien & Todd have no issues with taking a life, Damien was trained to be an assassin & Todd had perhaps the darkest, most troubled life of any of the Robin's ultimately dieing only to return years later as the Red Hood.

He's basically Batman himself but without the whole bat gimmick.

Both Grayson & Drake could take over the mantle of the Batman if DC ever decided to kill Bruce Wayne of & keep him dead.

Robin's got a good look to him and you can count on him to be there by your side at the end of the day. So there you have it folks, it's the first installment of JAM's View: Comic Book Characters. Now post your thoughts on Robin, the Boy Wonder. Spam-free zone, remember that [/SIZE][/FONT]:D

Some photos of Robin, the Boy Wonder[/SIZE][/FONT]
2j5ngco.jpg

badass-robin.jpg

Robin-Superboy-teen-titans-18341552-400-300.jpg

robin-young-justice-17995456-640-360.jpg

The funny thing about those pics, I don't think a single one of them is of Dick Grayson as Robin, they all look to be Tim Drake.

Nice thread, do you plan on doing more stuff like your first post, maybe bring up other sidekicks to discuss?

The funny thing about those pics, I don't think a single one of them is of Dick Grayson as Robin, they all look to be Tim Drake.

Nice thread, do you plan on doing more stuff like your first post, maybe bring up other sidekicks to discuss?

No that was the point actually. I wanted to show the different Robins as well so yeah. And yeah, I was thinking that I'd make it mostly about sidekicks or the not really known heroes. But we'll see. Hopefully this thread gets some traffic in the Potluck section.

Well the last one is definable Dick Grayson from the Young Justice cartoon. Though for next time you may want to separate the characters seeing how all the Robins had a stand out characteristic rather than just being replacements. Not to mention most have evolved into their own personas, Nightwing, (modern) Red Hood, Red Robin and so.

I don't do much comics so animation does it for me. I loved Tim Drake in the DCAU cartoons but the kid was shot down hard with small appearances, zero Justice League mentions even when all the adults of the world were sent to another dimension and then he get's tortured by Joker. Meanwhile Dick Grayson also did next to nothing in the DCAU doing nothing of note as Nightwing. :( At least he shines in Teen Titans, The Batman and Young Justice. Though it's jarring how different he is each time.

Ignoring Stephanie Brown and Damian Wayne's attempts at the character I think RObin has brought us some of the most interesting characters in comic history.

Tim Drake Whilst most in the bat universe are about avenging their parents deaths I love the fact that Tim's dad is an enigma making Tim himself into a perfect mix of Jason and Dick.

Jason Todd
Brilliant character since his return from death, vastly under rated as his original Robin run. It was then that we saw a true human nature to Bruce. Read death in the family, brilliant.

Dick Grayson. I love his character, he's what Batman is but more. He has taken the mantle of Robin, Nightwing and Batman and has excelled in all three roles.

Why's Robin so good? Well with Grayson he lost his parents but rather than choosing to be a super hero he was forced into that role by Batman. That role is covered best by Tim when he struggles with things like homework and going to the pictures with a girlfriend.

Here goes another installment of JAM's View: Comic Book Characters. From one sidekick to another, we'll be talking about Speedy aka Red Arrow.

tumblr_lrn3cu7r431ql16n9.png

Red Arrow's real name is Roy Harper who was raised by Brave Bow who was a medicine man. Under him, Harper became a master at archery. After Brave Bow's death, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), takes Harper under his wing and he becomes known as Speedy, his sidekick.

Red Arrow is one character that underwent a lot of changes as well. He is a villain yet remains a hero as well. His times as his supervillain-self, Arsenal was a sight to see. But his heroic self, Red Arrow was one badass too. His story is definitely one to read but as he progresses later on, Arrow has become one of my favorite superheroes. When he is featured on Young Justice, it was always a great episode to watch. I hope that they have an episode purely devoted to Red Arrow and Green Arrow.

Photos of Red Arrow
char_28025.jpg

l.jpg

1357199-arsenal_borges_large.jpg

tumblr_lhevpgR3RT1qhbburo1_400.jpg

303px_hulk_003.jpg

The Incredible Hulk

After watching the Avengers, you can see why I chose the Hulk because he totally owned in that movie. Anyway, Hulk is Bruce Banner's alternate ego when he gets mad. Banner assumed the form of Hulk after he is accidentally exposed to the blast of a test detonation of a gamma bomb he invented. Hulk is the ultimate Jekyll and Hide kind of creature.

If you watched the Avengers, Hulk definitely stole the show. Hulk has had two movies already and neither blew me away but his performance in the Avengers was pretty stellar. Hopefully another movie comes out of him with the Bruce Banner they used in Avengers.

Photos of The Hulk
406px-Hulk13.jpg

hulk_11_defenders.jpg

thor_vs_hulk.jpg

303px_hulk_003.jpg

The Incredible Hulk

After watching the Avengers, you can see why I chose the Hulk because he totally owned in that movie. Anyway, Hulk is Bruce Banner's alternate ego when he gets mad. Banner assumed the form of Hulk after he is accidentally exposed to the blast of a test detonation of a gamma bomb he invented. Hulk is the ultimate Jekyll and Hide kind of creature.

If you watched the Avengers, Hulk definitely stole the show. Hulk has had two movies already and neither blew me away but his performance in the Avengers was pretty stellar. Hopefully another movie comes out of him with the Bruce Banner they used in Avengers.

Photos of The Hulk
406px-Hulk13.jpg

hulk_11_defenders.jpg

thor_vs_hulk.jpg

Hulk is one of those that's very hit or miss. Personally, I love him. I love how he's a cross between Jekyll, Hyde and Frankenstein, and actually is very childlike in his emotional and mental state. The original Hulk was vastly different; first off, he was grey, and second of all he had a personality with Banners intelligence but was more of a Hyde character. In fact, the only reason he became green was a fluke:

[YOUTUBE]ETPYe6LEOIo[/YOUTUBE]​

Hulk is such a complex character when you deconstruct him, and his portrayal in Avengers was spot on. Incredible Hulk was a vastly underrated film IMO (we won't talk about Ang Lee's one). Ruffalo is a fantastic actor ad fits the role perfectly (better, I have to say, than Edward Norton). Can't wait to see what they do with the character in a new film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back