Kenny Omega jumping to WWE, AEW or staying in NJPW?

Razz

Pre-Show Stalwart
www.foxsportsasia.com/wwe/1011509/wwe-kenny-omega-offered-huge-deal-njpw/?fbclid=IwAR3ICVCsXwVLoevMU2Vj0zra1borfDT1_wP1y-Fy8i1109WHsOD4NAUq8U8

Rumors out there that a 3 to 6 million dollar and multi year contract including e-sports tie in incentives that would come up to 23 milllion. Big money if true. Rumor he has been invited to meet with HHH/Vince. Possibliilty of forming some sort of a new Bullet Club in WWE. Maybe the AJ Styles storyline has something to do with the possibility. Do you think he will stay in NJPW, go to AEW, or make the jump to WWE?

His best bet would be to stay in njpw mostly because he's pretty much the face of the company and he will be able to make a ton of money in Japan.

At the same time, I feel like out of the other option, he would be better off going with his friends at AEW as in WWE, he would tanked and be miserable as he wouldn't have the freedom that he would have with the other options

So if I was him, I would either stay in NJPW or go to AEW but I would stay far away from WWE.

His best bet would be to stay in njpw mostly because he's pretty much the face of the company and he will be able to make a ton of money in Japan.

Not really. New Japan is still a very Japan centric promotion and if anybody's really the face of the company, it's probably Okada or Tanahashi as these two continue to be the go to guys when it comes to the main event picture. Tanahashi has been the John Cena of New Japan for more than a decade and Okada is someone who very much comes off like his successor. Omega's already done all he can do in the company, when you get right down to it, and I felt his time as IWGP Heavyweight Champion was underwhelming. Not that he didn't have quality matches but, and this is often a problem we see in LOTS of companies, I never remotely got the sense that Omega was "the man" in the same way as Okada or Tanahashi. Like when Savage or Hart was the WWE Champion, you always felt Hulk Hogan lurking about getting as much, or even more, attention than the champion even if what he was doing wasn't remotely as important.

Omega has said lots of times that money isn't really a big motivator for him so take that for what it's worth but when it comes to money, WWE can basically offer Omega whatever he wants and I doubt New Japan will be able to match it. Omega dropping the IWGP Heavyweight Championship after just slightly less than 6 months hints at a strong possibility he might be leaving, it's just so anti-climactic after all the time he spent chasing it and the various matches that had so many writers spraying their shorts over the last few years.

At the same time, I feel like out of the other option, he would be better off going with his friends at AEW as in WWE, he would tanked and be miserable as he wouldn't have the freedom that he would have with the other options

So if I was him, I would either stay in NJPW or go to AEW but I would stay far away from WWE.

Omega has said that he enjoys a challenge and has said, in past interviews, that he's actually intrigued when it comes to working with more restrictions placed on him as he feels it's an opportunity to challenge himself. Again, take it for what it's worth as wrestlers are consummate bullshit artists and there are times Omega sounds like a massive mark for himself. I feel that if WWE gives Omega some degree of creative control, that could do a lot to bolster their position, if they're going after him or if they've already got him. Daniel Bryan's new deal affords him what's said to be a "reasonable" degree of creative control over himself; ALLEGEDLY, one reason Bryan wanted this was because he felt so bad for Sami Zayn after seeing some of the garbage WWE had him doing, particularly the whole thing with Bobby Lashley's "sisters" as that was beyond embarrassing.

As far as AEW goes, Omega would probably have creative freedom on a near unlimited scale and if he's more interested in possibly building something, then AEW would be his likely choice. I have little doubt AEW will try to forge a working relationship with ROH, New Japan, possibly even CMLL and Impact. Otherwise, it'll just be another indy company before too long and I don't see Cody and the Bucks settling for that, especially if they have major financial backers.

If Omega stays in New Japan, he'll be a mega star who'll probably spend the rest of his career hovering in the upper mid-card and main event spots. If he joins AEW, not a whole lot will change for him and he'll probably have even more influence considering that he's probably been the single most talked about and hyped non-WWE wrestler in the world for the past few years. If he joins WWE, it'll be a crapshoot because there's no real way of telling how Vince will use him.

I wouldn't count the eggs before they hatch. The sudden ending to Omega's IWGP title reign does reek of an exit from NJPW, but that decision could just as easily be smoke and mirrors. We're yet to hear of how, if any, of a working relationship AEW will have with the Japanese promotion that The Bucks and Cody are associated with.

WWE has absolutely ham handled many of their recent signings that were world champions in other promotions. Lashley, Roode, EY, and Nakamura just to name a few haven't been used to their full potential. Balor is incredibly popular and has suffered due to the Lesnar era.

The one exception has been AJ Styles, who for the most part has been handled as a top guy from day 1. Aside from being synonymous with the low blow and the odd choice of the Shane match at Mania 32, AJ was WWE Champion within 9 months and has held the title for over a year since debuting in 2016.

If Omega can sign a contract that guarantees him top treatment and a world title, plus all that money, it seems like a sweet deal that will cement his legacy and have his name come close to entering the mainstream in North America.

Does he care about all that though? Japan has been his home for years and he may not be inclined to relocate to North America. WWE would have to essentially guarantee in contract that he would get a top spot, because in either NJPW or AEW Omega is main event.

Cody vs Omega could be a big top program to launch AEW and presumably its impending world title. Omega is unlikely to be done with the IWGP Heavyweight title either if he stays in Japan.

A huge WWE contract offer to Kenny Omega is extremely intriguing. There are so many incredible matches that could occur, but starting a promotion with your best buds and having creative control sounds more in line with the Omega that we know.
Time will tell, we'll likely have a better answer come the January 8 AEW press conference. Omega's presence or absence will speak volumes, but it might behoove Kenny and AEW to stay quiet and play off the intrigue that comes along with the mystery.

I don't know enough about omega to actually care one way or the other but from what I saw, i feel like he's better off with AEW and new Japan. While I get that they offered him a huge deal, I feel like the deal is more a monetary deal then a anything to do with creative freedom as he isn't a proven commodity in wwe like Bryan is. Even styles had to prove himself when he first started because Vince didn't see him as a star and AJ is way more humble then Kenny is from what I've read on the internet. Would he be able to check that ego at the door if he sign with wwe? That's the other question.

I would love to see how he would do in wwe mostly to see if the casual wwe fans would accept him or not and most restriction would he face in wwe.

Anyway, I feel like he one of the rare guy that really doesn't need wwe to be regarded as one of the top guy in the wrestling business which is rare in today's wrestling landscape. So why would he leave the Indy scene for WWE when he has everything he wants right now.

If he wants to be known only by smarks, he should go to AEW.

If he wants to make a lot of money, become a household name, be on the big stage, and get exposure like no other wrestling company can guarantee, then he should go to WWE.

He might start off in NXT, so you indy fans can still get your rocks off seeing your boy every week, and he won't be shoved into the main spotlight too soon, so you have time to get your complaints about how he will be wasted on the main roster, prepared.

It's official: Kenny Omega is leaving New Japan Pro Wrestling. Omega released a statement, part of which said:

"I take full responsibility for the loss. There is no real place for me to fit, so it's best for me not to be in New Japan. I can't be there working under Tanahashi. I don't think he's surpassed me, don't think he's better. If we can, I want to face him again. But I need time away, and not just from New Japan."

I assume that's a completely kayfabe statement and that there's no heat between New Japan and Omega but who knows? You almost never read about any behind the scenes reports, articles and rumors concerning New Japan.

IF Omega signs with WWE, he won't be heading to NXT because he's too big of a name with far too much buzz. Omega has been the single most talked about non-WWE signed wrestler in the business for the last couple of years. Meltzer has reported that WWE has made Omega a "fantastic offer" so that in and of itself is an indicator that he probably won't head to NXT.

I think HHH & Vince have contacted him and I believe the offer will be to good for him to pass up. He's 35 and has a chance to capitalize on his global success with a big WWE payday. The crowd will lose it when he comes down for the Royal Rumble. So many great match options and with Reigns being out of action, Lesnar part-time, and Cena exiting soon the WWE needs star power and adding Omega before they start Smackdown on Fox makes a lot of sense. You can move Styles to Raw to help with the ratings there and Omega could take his place as the main face on Smackdown. He could join his buddies on AEW down the road after he's cashed out nicely.

Hopefully I'm not repeating a thread here but Kenny Omega has announced he is leaving NJPW after his title loss . With his contract ending in a couple weeks and WWE making him a big offer could they be looking to have him as a suprise in the Rumble ? I think he has much more opportunity in WWE than AEW.

I'm not sure about if this would be the smart play to had him in the rumble. Phoenix isn't recognize to be have a hardcore fan base that watch every thing related to wrestling so he might not get a reception that he would have gotten in a L.A, Philadelphia or chicago. So he might just be lost in the shuffle if they put him in the rumble as a surprise and would be a big lost on the investment if you went that way. If Omega do sign with WWE, i would use him during the Aj styles/ daniel bryan match. Have him cost AJ the title and keep the mystery of who this guy is open and build on the history they have between each other. IT would be hard to keep them separate until mania but have him be a part time guy that doesn't wrestled until mania and just is a torn in AJ Styles side. You could even do some vignette explaining the history of the feud and also have AJ go out and try finding omega during a show.

have the whole feud being told from AJ Styles side and keep the mystery going until the mania and then just let them go. Then let AJ make Omega a household name by giving him the match of his career. If they go that way, you just created another mainstream star in Omega instead of just a indy superstar. Plus when the HBO documentary will finally air, WWE will be able to get behind it 100% and sell it to the fullest by having one of their big stars being feature on HBO even if the documentary as nothing to do with Them.

No.

Two things.

One, his New Japan contract doesn't end until January 31st, which is several days after the Rumble. WWE could theoretically buy out the remainder of his contract from New Japan, but given the state of things, NJPW is really not going to do them the favor of letting them have him in time for one of their big 4 PPVs.

Secondly, that entire point is irrelevant. He's signing with AEW. They all but came out and said it in today's BTE episode.

If he wants to be known only by smarks, he should go to AEW.

If he wants to make a lot of money, become a household name, be on the big stage, and get exposure like no other wrestling company can guarantee, then he should go to WWE.

He might start off in NXT, so you indy fans can still get your rocks off seeing your boy every week, and he won't be shoved into the main spotlight too soon, so you have time to get your complaints about how he will be wasted on the main roster, prepared.

You're fucking ******ed...

I don’t think so... Maybe not now, but after WM or when the Bucks are done with AEW, come all together. But he’s having problems in NJPW, due to all the contract status and Tana’s signing, which lead to a obvious Underdog Champ.
In Japan, he can be a good champ again, his first reign was not that good because of Okada longevity, but a second one could work wonders.

He's in a perfect position that he can go anywhere he wants for good money at this stage, Probably best money would be the WWE but WWE is also the biggest risk career wise I have seen it so often over the years where someone comes in with so much potential then ends up like someone like Cesaro in 6 months to the point where they have no value anymore.
Personally I'd prefer to see him go to All Elite to give them a better chance with the most biggest names as possible as we desperately need an alternative to the WWE's product.
I guess it all comes down to what he's personally looking for his own needs but that I don't know.

The latest coming out is that Omega has officially turned down WWE and is expected to sign with AEW on February 1st, at least according to Uncle Dave.

Triple H is said to have made some very serious offers to the other members of the Elite, but they turned them down. Adam Page would be going to NXT, would be booked as the top star there and would make main roster money, at least according to the WON. The Young Bucks were offered 3 year deals in which they would be making AJ Styles' level of money and had a clause in the contract that would allow them to leave after 6 months if they didn't like how their push was going.

One RUMOR, and I can't emphasize rumor enough, I've heard is that all of them were receptive to Triple H but that they just don't have a lot of trust or faith in Vince McMahon. Read into that what you will but my guess, and it's a 100% guess, is that they'd have more faith in being part of WWE if Vince wasn't in charge of things. It's just a rumor, of course, but the Elite having concerns about how they'd be used by Vince if they went to WWE is something they've stated in various interviews, podcasts and pretty much anything else over the last few years.

Remember a few years ago when AJ debuted at the Rumble. Maybe we get another big name like Omega debuting in a few weeks time.

Remember a few years ago when AJ debuted at the Rumble. Maybe we get another big name like Omega debuting in a few weeks time.

Not going to happen because omega's will still be under contract with new Japan on that date. Unless wwe buy out the few remaining weeks of his contract, omega can't legally sign with them until February.

He's AEW. Whether or not this was a good deal for him remains to be seen but I'll honestly be one of the first here to acknowledge how interesting this might turn out for the fledgling group and I look forward to seeing what they do with a fair roster behind them. He's definitely one of the biggest signees. I'm curious where they go with him but yeah fuck the NJPW deal or any of that that was mentioned beforehand. He's with his pals now.

This sucks. I was hoping to see the level of matches he could have put together with some of WWE's talent on their big stages. Maybe there is still time or maybe AEW can duplicate some of those hopes. Oh well.

Not really surprise about the move since he with his friends and has a job as a executive in AEW which is better then anything WWE would offer him. What i like about omega is that he could have went and badmouth WWE but he didn't so he keep that door open just in case AEW fails and he need a new challenge in his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back