Lack Of Professionalism in Professional Wrestling

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Tdigle once proposed a question and I want to know the opinions of the posters on WrestleZone to answer this. Two men have a history of being unprofessional: Akira Maeda and Bruiser Brody.

Maeda was involved in a match in 1986 where he refused to let Andre the Giant pin him, resulting in a shoot fight. Andre the Giant went on to kick hi sass for most of it, but finally wanted it to end, and allowed himself to be pinned. Maeda didn't but the match was ended. This is just one example of his unprofessionalism.

Brody wasn't much better. He killed Luger's early moment by no selling all of the power wrestlers offense, and also refused to lose to such a young talent. He also had no problem with injuring his opponents.

Now the thing I hate most about wrestlers is the risk they put on injuring wrestlers. Both of them did that, and thus I have little respect for either. What do you think of the issue? You might want to read up if you don't know all the story behind the two talents.

look no further than regal and goldberg in wcw, regal was determined to show up goldberg for what he really is, a man with limited skill, although goldberg to his credit countered with a nice few moves, but i thought regal was unprofessional about it which is why he got fired. Also, although personally liked this(it was still unprofessionial though) scott steiner's shoot's on flair in wcw, harsh but true, also booker kicking batista's ass backstage,

I always thought Booker T complaining constantly about the way he was used was unproffesional, if he wanted something different couldn't he suggest something to creative

Okay, I'll try it without swearing this time. How exactly was that true?

I agree. What is soooooo true about what Steiner said about Flair? Here you got a guy, Steiner, who, if he wasnt so concerned with having "the largest arms in the world", could and would be considered one of the greatest wrestlers that ever stepped foot in the ring. I truly believe that. Dont believe me, go watch some of his early 90's stuff. I always thought he was a great wrestler. Then, he had to go and 'roid himself out to be as big as my f*cking house. After he turned into the "Big, Bad Booty Daddy", he absolutely sucked. Therefore, he turned all of his aggression on people who could actually draw. Flair, HHH, the list goes on. Yeah, so Flair stayed in wrestling maybe a little longer than he should. He was and still is much more entertaining to watch than Steiner has been the last 12 years or so.

So, yeah, I feel Steiner maybe one of the more unprofessional ones out there in the past couple of years. And the idiots at WCW just gave him a mic and let him say what he wanted to. IDIOTS!!

I don't know much about Akira Maeda, but I can give you a spiel about Bruiser Brody. Brody was as old school as they come. He was about kids 'paying dues' and working with him to make the match as good as it could be. He was super stiff and intimidating in the ring, but only to younger, greener talent.

The example with Lex Luger was simply a case of Brody having zero respect for Luger and not wanting to be pinned by him or put him over. Unprofessional? Yes. But when you had Brody on your card, you didn't exactly expect tea and crumpets either. And eventually, that intimidation cost him his life when he was stabbed in Puerto Rico and killed. Many say he was because of him being so intimidating and it was self defense when Brody tried to attack someone. Either way, it cost him his life. Brody was never one to go with the flow. If he didn't feel it was right, he wouldn't do it and many could do anything about it.

And Andre the Giant's had some go rounds with a similar scenario with Maeda. The Ultimate Warrior was being too rough on Giant and Andre would teach him lessons in the ring by sticking his fist out and nailing Warrior with it, nearly knocking him out twice during a match. Andre would go with the flow and would put anyone over he could, but he wanted the respect he earned, too.

First off, we probably will never know the whole, or completely true accounts of these stories.
That said, I'm not a fan of wrestlers hurting another wrestler on purpose. If a lesson needs to be taught that's all well and good, but to injure someone is just wrong.
Steiner just seems bitter. I agree with Finnycom1 that he was great early on before he juiced way the fck up. After that he sucked big time. Was all power and none of the wrestling that I likedd about him. I heard he was a real prick behind the scenes and a few vids i've seen of Steiner shoots he's a dick. I'm not sure I've heard stories of him trying to hurt people on purpose, but I wouldn't be surprised.
As far as Maeda goes, that's just uncalled for. Andre was THE MAN, period. From what I know he had no issues putting talent over when he was asked. The Warrior issue was that Warrior was being very stiff with an unhealthy Andre, so Andre let Warrior know that sick or not he could tear his massively muscled body into tiny pieces. That's a lesson not being unpro.
Brody from what I know was just out to hurt people. Were I a booker I'd be cautious about putting him in the ring. Why would I want other talent to be injured?

Bret Hart claims to have never injured another wrestler, he's very proud of this. If he could have the great career and matches he's had and still able to say this then there is no reason for any other wrestler to go out there and intentionally hurt someone.

Anyone remember that guy Bubba Ray?

Or even worse Bob Holly.

Wrestlers should be able to work without fear of being injured or worse crippled.

Accidents happen in wrestling, it's the nature of the beast (I remember when Droz got injured and I was really upset about that), but to intentially hurt someone is uncalled for, surely thats what the UFC is for isn't it?

No one mentioned the shoot that Vince Russo did on Hulk Hogan. For everything that I dislike about Hogan, the way in which Russo dogged him at BATB 2000 was beyond unprofessional. 1st off, you have Russo, a man who doesn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch, who is trying to make a name for himself minus one Vince McMahon. Okay, I can understand that. But to do it at the expense of someone else, even Hogan was certainly and will forever be the most outrageous and horrible moments ever in wrestling. Now, was certain things tht Russo said about Hulk true? Of course, probably 95% of it was true. However, you don't do that. The fans didn't expect that to happen, had no idea what was going on and probably felt they could have wasted their money somewhere else. That said, this was perhaps the most disrespectful thing I've ever seen in wrestling, bar none. That's like Carlito going into business for himself at the expense of John Cena. You have a beef? Be man enough to do it backstage where no one else other than those who really know the situation is around to hear it. Don't subject the fans to that profanity laced tirade. Anyone agree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back