Legends to raw Monday

E

EP Punk

Not sure if this should go here or if WWE posted it on their site, but, according to wrestlezone, Jesse Ventura, Bobby Heenan and gene Okerlund are booked for Raw Monday. Not sure how much of a pop "The Body" Will get, but I can see Gene-o and The Brain getting huge ovations. Who are you all looking forward to seeing Monday night?

The only one I'm intrested in seeing is Ventura. I never liked Okerlund and Heenan appears regularly. Wheras other than his HOF & W.M. appearence I dont think Ventura has been on WWE T.V. since 1999.

i like all three, they are all very important men in professional wrestling history.

I personally can't wait to see the Brain. Not only is he a true inspiartion, after battling and surviving throat cancer and going back to work different wrestling shows, he is always entertaining, and you know there i9s gonna be a weasel chant

I personally can't wait to see the Brain. Not only is he a true inspiartion, after battling and surviving throat cancer and going back to work different wrestling shows, he is always entertaining, and you know there i9s gonna be a weasel chant

They dont have managers like they used too. Imagine what Heenan would do for the likes of Masters, Lashley & Batista if he was working with them today.

I'm all up for seeing them as well as the also confirmed Mick Foley, however since it is meant to be "Vince's appreciation night" they will probably just get attacked by Umaga or Khali to further the 'mad Vince' storyline.

They dont have managers like they used too. Imagine what Heenan would do for the likes of Masters, Lashley & Batista if he was working with them today.

Oh god, those three could use a motuh peice like Heenan. Thats why I teared up a little when 'Taker buried Paul Bearer in cement, because at that time, it meant the death of the good wrestling manager. granted, Estrada has started to bring that back now, but damn, we need another generation of Heenan's, Slicks, Fujis, Jimmy Harts, etc.

Managers: one of the lost arts of wrestling. Heenan could work wonders for anyone really and it's a shame that WWE hasn't contacted him about a full time return, that is if Heenan would even want to do it. Hell, I'd love to see Mean Gene back in a backstage interviewer role. I'm looking forward to seeing these guys again and I know they will bring something good to the show.

complete note here:
Tonight is Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night on Raw, and WWE.com has learned that the following celebrities and WWE Legends will be offering their comments on the WWE Chairman tonight in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.:

-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
-Former Minnesota Governor and WWE Hall of Famer Jesse "The Body" Ventura
-Donald Trump
-WWE Hall of Famer "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
-MTV's Jackass star Steve-O
-WWE Hall of Famer Captain Lou Albano
-WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart
-Multi-platinum recording artist Snoop Dogg
-WWE Hall of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
-"Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley
-WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
-Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban
-WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik
-Legendary sportscaster Bob Costas
-WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes
-WWE Hall of Famer "Mean" Gene Okerlund

OMG, Bret Hart speaking of the Devil!!!!! LOL! and Snoop Dog?? this is gonna be SO cool!!! legend studded event!! i guess half of the comments will be video msgs though, but props for the WWE, this seems to be the most controversial RAW of this year...

Wow holy shit, Honestly, they got Bret Hart to work with the WWE. Hopefully this isn't some swerve to get people to tune in, or just an extra from the DVD. If they got Bret to come back twice within 14 months, that's actually a step in the right direction. I might actually have to tune into Raw and see if this is true or not. I'm fucking stoked with this report.

I dunno I just see Bret speaking as a desperate attempt for me people to tune i. It will prolly be short and and he will contunie his hatered for McMahon. Then again it would not surprise me if it was from a past promo or an extra from the dvd

I can almost guarantee that it will be a video off the Bret Hart DVD. Wrestlezone is reporting that he's not there backstage so I highly doubt he will appear live, unless he arrives last minute, but again I am betting it's just from his DVD. But if he is there live I'll be stoked as hell to see the Hitman on RAW again. The crowd reaction would be insane.

Well I haven't tuned into a Raw in well over two years to watch it live, and the mention of Bret Hart has got be at least contemplating watching this thing. Just the reaction he's going to get when he's on screen is going to be insane. Remember the reaction his music got when Michaels played his music in Montreal two years ago, biggest pop I've heard in along time.

Well Wrestlezone is now reporting that it's a NEW interview, shot outside a gym in Hawaii.

"Dave Meltzer is reporting that the Bret Hart promo tonight will be a new tape that was just shot outside a gym in Hawaii. It's a short clip, maybe a minute or less.

The idea they wanted was for him to act like he was surprised a camera crew found him and for him to act like he was blowing them off, and to cut an on-air in character promo on Vince McMahon."

Of course it is Dave Meltzer though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back