Mario Kart 64 -v - Pokemon Black/White 79

?

• MK64

• Black/White

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Mario_Kart_64box.png

Pokemon_Black_Box_Artwork.jpg

K.I.S.S

Keep it simple, stupid.

There gets to a point in every video game franchise where too many new features are introduced, and instead of benefiting the game it starts to hurt it. It's happened with Sonic, it's happened with just about every fighter, and it's happening with Pokemon. The days of just walking around, catching pokemon, and battling are over. Now you have to explore a massive world, deal with all sorts of side quests, and sort through hundreds of new pokemon and what seems like the thousands upon thousands of moves that exist.

Mario Kart 64, however, was the pinnacle of the franchise. They introduced new characters, new items, and huge 3D maps with secret shortcuts and dastardly pitfalls aplenty. The most important feature, however, was making this a four player game, an improvement that made Mario Kart 64 arguably the most popular multiplayer game of all time.

Two great game franchises, but one is the pinnacle of its series, while the other is simply not. Vote Mario Kart.

Has to be Mario Kart 64 for this one, it's a game I still play on my N64 today with friends for fun whereas Pokémon Black/White, while a great new outing just didn't feel trumping over my HeartGold/SoulSilver experience, after beating the Elite Four, my time afterwards felt limiting whereas HG/SS gave me more, given I'm still playing Mario Kart 64 still after 12 or so years, it shows how brill it is for re-playability, even if the comps cheat.

I have to give credit to Black/White. The story was probably the best out of all the Pokemon games I have played, and, for the first time in the many years I have played the games, part of the story had me truly invested and shocked rather than just catching Pokemon and beating the Elite 4.

With that said, Mario Kart 64 was a staple of my childhood. It was great for multiplayer, and even though the single player wasn't extensive or overly time consuming, it was a game you could pick up and play any time.

Black and White were solid members of the Pokemon franchise, but MK64 was the best of the Mario Kart series. Vote MK64

Certainly going with Mario Kart here. Why? It turned the Mario Kart series from a novelty into the megaseries it is today, and fixed all of the things that were wrong with the original's gameplay. It was also amazingly fun to play in 4 person multiplayer matches way back in the day. Pokemon Black and White disappointed me by not deviating much from the formula that the series has been going with. Mario Kart 64 has my vote because of all the fond memories, great gameplay. Pokemon Black/White on the other hand was a disappointment to me.

Well, short and simple, Mario Kart 64 is one of the best multiplayer racing games ever. As far as simply from the stand point of being sequels, Mario Kart, in my opinion, is a better sequel than pokemon b/w. All the signs point to Mario Kart, unless you grew up after the N64 era of gaming and never got to experience it's greatness.

I voted for Black and White despite it having no chance. I never like Mario Kart on the 64, i found it boring. I was more into crash team racing on ps1 when it came out. On that note Black and White brought so much more to competitive battling. Just the dream world giving new life to pokemon that weren't even worth using. While analysis isn't complete i can't wait for the competitive leagues to get a more stable listings so I can actually get into it again.

InB4Hate

Really is no reason for gen2 to go further then gen5 but I guess Nostalgia wins.

Fuck my life. Black and White couldn't have gone any longer before hitting a brick wall?

Pokemon Black and White are the games that rejuvenated the Pokemon franchise. They are so well done in every little detail and they even made me want to go back and play earlier games in the Pokemon franchise so that I could fill up my pokedex. After playing Platinum version last year, my intrest had all but died in playing anymore Pokemon games, but my hope was restored and I have been playing Black version for the majority of the past four months.

Unfortunately, it is up against the behemoth known as Mario Kart 64. Fuck Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart was the game synonyms with the N64. It is probably the most accessible and universally liked game of all time and I could easily see it winning this tournament. I played it a few weeks ago and it was still a blast, whereas Pokemon Black and White will probably be replaced when Gen. 6 inevitably arrives.

I'm voting for Black and White, but Mario Kart 64 (who is winning 17-4 as I'm writing this) will go through.

When I first saw this match up I was torn, and I still kinda am. As someone who has played both games and series of games religiously this is a really tough call. I could vote for either and be perfectly content; but I must debunk a few of the falsities below.

There gets to a point in every video game franchise where too many new features are introduced, and instead of benefiting the game it starts to hurt it. It's happened with Sonic, it's happened with just about every fighter, and it's happening with Pokemon. The days of just walking around, catching pokemon, and battling are over. Now you have to explore a massive world, deal with all sorts of side quests, and sort through hundreds of new pokemon and what seems like the thousands upon thousands of moves that exist.

Well, this is pretty much bullshit in a pretty box right here.

The overdone and too many new features argument is false and silly, and those new features didn't hurt Black/White at all, not in the least bit. It was the biggest release for a Pokemon game .... ever .... in the history of Pokemon. So to say the game was hurt because of "too many features" couldn't be more wrong, if anything it benefited from those new features.

"The days of walking around, battling, and catching Pokemon are over"?

Really? did you even play the game? or are you just talking out of your ass here.

New Pokemon and new moves are now a problem? I just don't understand the false logic your using to bash Pokemon Black/White here. Your using positive features from the game and bashing them for with no rhyme or reason.

I love Mario Kart 64, in fact I'm better than probably everyone else in this thread - goes for MKwii as well, and I have no problem with it advancing; though comparatively I'd have to choose the latest pokemon to advance. MK64 is just a stepping stone at this point, I'll save my MK vote for the wii.

Pokemon Black and White a few years and a few generations of Pokemon games from now may be seen by the fans in the same light as the fans of the series view Pokemon Gold and Silver today. With its advanced battle forms, a unique storyline for a Pokemon game and its concept of seasons, which is a personal favorite of mine, it might be remembered as the greatest Pokemon game of all time in a few years. However the key word here is "in a few years". In this round it is up against a game that is already regarded by many as the greatest racing game of all time.

There are very few games that can beat Mario Kart when in comes to the fun factor. Even today it's N64 version is played by lots of people all across the world. It's a simple but an endearing game. I personally like the Pokemon fifth generation more and the Pokemon series more than the Mario series overall but I cannot vote for Pokemon Black and White over Mario Kart just yet.

So today, my vote goes to Mario Kart but the vote could have easily gone the other way had this been the fifth WrestleZone Video Games Tournament.

one of my favorite game series against one of my favorite games :(

I'm going with Mario Kart. I love both games and own Pokemon White and owned MK64 and played the shit out of it when I was younger. MK64 wins this for me because after you've played a few Pokemon games they just feel the same. Yeah they teak each one a bit but not enough to really make them feel different and stand out from the other ones.

Mario Kart was awesome in every way. I had Mario kart tournaments and parties when I was younger and had a lot of fun doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back