Matt v Jeff WM25

hArdyPUNKmArk

I'm better than you!
Just finished watching Wrestlemania 25 again and you know what, Matt Hardy v Jeff Hardy was actually fucking awesome. I'd say it was the best match of the night after Michaels/Taker. They reallt went for it, the shots they were taking were solid, they were selling perfectly (as Jeff usually does) and there were plenty of different elements to the match. The vacuum shot, the trash can shots, the cruth, the spash off the top tope into Matt through 2 tables.. It was all pretty fucking well done. Jeff's massive leg drop off the huge ladder was insane and the ending with Matt putting Jeff into a chair with the twist of fate was a great way to give Matt the win and get him over as a heel. Underated match IMO.

What were your thoughts of the match? I'd seen it maybe 2 or 3 times already but this time I really noticed how well they were selling their moves and orchastrating the match, just a really well worked match ya know. Anyways post away if you have any thoughts on the Hardy v Hardy match at Wrestlemania 25.

i absolutely agree with you...i think the taker and shawn match was great and expected nuthin less..But the match that i expected to tear the house down was the Jeff and Matt grudge match ..but if im not mistaken it was on this website that they cut the match time short because they didnt want to take away from the Taker and Shawn Match...But my friend i do believe that they did the most and best with the time alotted to them

When I first watched that match live It wasnt too thrilling to watch after the MITB etc..
But yea watching it a second time you could tell both guys were giving their best in ring performances.
Even matts said in interviews that he wanted to verse Jeff in a wrestlemania match and they pulled it off.
Yea with all wm matches you expect gold stars and massive pops and boos ,Matt sold and Jeff gave us everything the human enigma does and can.

I actually think the match, just like WM25, is extremely underrated. It was an awesome match. And loved the twist of fate on the chair. I just wish the build up had been better. The build up started off good, then it just went sour. But I still thought the match was pretty badass.

It would have been so much better if it had some actual pyschology and story telling in it. It was basically two guys going at it and if you hadn't been watching Smackdown before you wouldn't have a clue why they hated eachother. That's what's stopped them becoming superstars, because neither of them can tell a story in the ring.

I'd say it was the best match of the night after Michaels/Taker.

That's not really saying much. Michaels vs Taker is the only thing that saved the show from being a complete disaster. I haven't watched WrestleMania 25 since it happened. I've been meaning to give it another look but haven't had the time yet. I was disappointed that the match was made extreme rules. I would have much rather had a gimmick free match to see what they could really do against each other. They went on to have an I quit match and stretcher match anyway. Extreme rules was unnecessary at mania. It was just a spot and weapon fest. I'm not criticizing your opinion. To each his own. In fact I'm glad you liked it so much. It gives me hope that maybe I'll like it more too the next time around.

I thought it was an awesome match, my only complaint was it could have lasted a couple minutes longer, the ending to the match was sick with the Twist of Fate with the chair around the neck.

I think WM 25 in general is underrated, it seems it's going to go down as a terrible show other than Taker-HBK, but I actually enjoyed MITB, Hardy v Hardy, Jericho-Steamboat, Austin's farewell and even the triple threat as well, a lackluster main event doesn't make it the worst WM of all time in my book, there were some awful WM's in the early years.

Apart from the double table spot and the TOF with the chair, how was it any different from any other hardcore based match with the Hardy's in it? Other than the fact that they were wrestling each other?

Forget the fact that it was on straight after Taker/HBK because you can say that about any of the last 3 matches on the card, but at the end of the day, was there anything new or innovative about that match apart from what's already been mentioned, where Matt and Jeff were concerned? No, not really. It was just the Hardy's doing what they've always done. Jumped off stuff onto each other for a reaction. All that shit that Flair used to say about Foley being nothing but a glorified stunt man would make SOOOO much more sense (and a lot more people would probably agree with Ric) if he'd said it about the Hardy's.

After having watched the Hardy's for the whole 10 years they've been in (and out) of WWE, I realised that they are pretty much just one trick ponies really, to the point where you can guess what spot they'll do way before they even do it.

It must have seemed pretty awesome watching Jeff do a Swanton off the ladder through a table for newer fans, but when i saw him do it the 1st time on Bubba Ray at WM2000, nine years later i barely stifle a yawn.

New fans must have gone nuts when Jeff did a Whisper In The Wind off the cage on Umaga, but when i saw him do it the first time on Edge and Matt some 10 years ago, it doesn't register of being worth my interest in 2009.

New fans must have loved watching Matt...... er....... well........ no, can't think of anything. But 10 years ago i remember thinking it was amazing when..... er..... well...... nah, i'll just say admit that nothing Matt does intrigues me and never has really.

Basically that match at WM25 just seemed like you were watching the Hardy's Greatest Hits.' over the course of 20 minutes. I only watched WM25 twice. Once live, and once on tv. Live, in my section no one cared except this drunk dude who was barely there half the time anyway (we spent all of Orton v HHH laughing at him anyway), and watching it on TV didn't help. When i eventually get around to buying WM25 on dvd, of course i'll check that match out again, but i highly doubt my views will change regarding either the match or the Hardys.

AND BY THE WAY "THE MARK OF ZUR-EN-ARHHH YOU'RE A CRAP!

Wow, such inspired criticism. Riddle me this: What the fuck do i care what you think? You, the Rated R Douchebag, 'R' standing for '******ed' naturally. Perhaps you'd care to give some well thought out reasons as to why you dislike me and my point of view, as opposed to throwing petty insults at posters at random just because they have a different view. It's not that i care or anything, it's more to do with the fact that no one is going to turn down a good hard laugh at a ********er like you, trying to portray himself as intelligent, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I mean, typing entire posts in capitals, spamming insults, failing to spell my screen name correctly when it's written in front of you PLUS the waves of red rep can only mean one thing...... your opinion, much like your life i imagine, IS WORTHLESS!

Oh, and people are going to reflect on how amazing Bret v Owen was, they are NOT going to talk about Matt v Jeff as if it were a classic. We also didn't need an extreme rules match at WM to make it hardcore, because we'd already had the MITB match. As i said before, that WM match was basically like watching the 'Hardy's greatest hits on tape', it was just a shame that we, the audience, couldn't just fast forward through it. The fact that it was brother vs brother also isn't going to help much. Hardcore matches are usually only remembered when there's an uber sick spot i.e. Shane McMahon being belly-to-belly suplexed through 2 glass windows. THAT's a match worth talking about. Not the 'Hardy Highlight Reel' that we've all seen a trillion times before.

i totally agree with u it was a very solid match true it was a bit of a spotfest but wat else could u except with a extreme rules match with jeff hardy in it the only problem i had with it was tat it was 2 short but i understand they had 2 give undertaker and michaels that extra time 2 bad after wrestlemania matt hardys heel turn fell apart
and now tats led to a pretty quick babyface turn again

I watched it today again at work, And I really enjoyed it. Matt, And Jeff did a bang up job in that match it's a shame it wasn't booked for a little longer. People can say "it's what they have always done" maybe they are right, But what made this match feel special is the fact that people care about the Hardy's now.

I bet Jeff was shitting through the eye of a needle after that slingshot legdrop from the ladders.

I think the match was amazing. I thought this match would make Matt into more, but I guess it was not to be.

Well I watched it again last night and I'm still unimpressed. It was a little better than I remembered, but still nothing special. Some weapons, outside brawling, and a couple high spots. I would have much preferred a regular match instead of extreme rules. Overall it was a very lackluster mania other than Taker vs. HBK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back