Most Over-Rated Actor Or Actress

Who Wins The Zonie For Most Over-Rated Actor Or Actress?

• Hillary Swank

• Catherine Zeta-Jones

• Halle Berry

• Katie Holmes

• Matthew McConnaughey

• Maggie Gylenhall

• Keira Knightley

• Orlando Bloom

• Ben Stiller

• Angelina Jolie

• Keanu Reeves

• Sean Penn

• Nicole Kidman

• Vin Deisel

• Sarah Michelle Gellar

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

2011 Zonie Awards

Nominees for Most Over-Rated Actor Or Actress

Hillary Swank

Catherine Zeta-Jones

Halle Berry

Katie Holmes

Matthew McConnaughey

Maggie Gylenhall

Keira Knightley

Orlando Bloom

Ben Stiller

Angelina Jolie

Keanu Reeves

Sean Penn

Nicole Kidman

Vin Deisel

Sarah Michelle Gellar

To hasten this process, voting will now begin immediately with all discussion also taking place henceforth from the moment this thread is posted. Voting will last 7 days.

I voted for Halle Berry. She seems to have such an incredible name in the movie industry but she has done nothing for me to make her deserve this stardom. She has never blown me away with any performance and she has never done anything that memorable (in my opinion.) Strangely enough here role in X-Men was the best thing for me and that was sub par at best. So overall I made my vote for her.

For me, there is only one winner of this award and that is Halle Berry.

Ever since Monster's Ball, everything she has did has been utter gash and how she is still held in such high regard by the Academy and other respected movie organisations is a mystery to me. I guess that she first came to prominence as Leticia in Monster's Ball but since then, she has did nothing to cement her place as one of the upper echelon of actors. She has did 10 movies in 10 years since Monster's Ball and none of them have ever given her half of the success she had with the aforementioned picture.

She truly is the most over-rated actress in Hollywood and it is not even close. Even Jonny Depp has Edward Scissorhands...

Ever since Monster's Ball.....

Remove the major sex scene from Monsters Ball and you have a highly overrated movie even here. Berry really hasn't done many high profile roles since, and Ive never seen her protrayed in that "A" class of actors(actresses) that others on the list have.

Angelina Jolie is another story. She continues to get high profile roles in blockbusters and is completely unmemorable in them. She fails to be believable in serious roles such as Changeling, as she panders, shrieks, pouts, and seemingly is without chemistry with co-stars in the movies she's in. I despise Ben Stiller with a passion but I cant deny the fact that the man can act somewhat if given the proper role. Jolie makes every movie shes in worse for it by her inability to adapt herself into character, and her trademark smug grim that seemingly never leaves her face keeps me from buying into any scene that may even be perceived as "moving" as a result. She has incredible sex appeal, but beyond that, shes a flat actress who still manages to garner major roles and fail in them time and again.

Most of the other names on the list aren't clear cut leads in many of their films, so its hard for me to classify them as grossly overrated. Id go with Berry at 3, Stiller at 2, and Jolie at 1, by a wide margain.

Most of you already know how much I despise Keanu Reeves and I just do not understand what it is about him that people like. No matter what role he plays he sounds like a stoned surfer, sure that works in a movie like Point Break where he is a cop pretending to be a former football playing surfer but otherwise no. He is beyond overrated and so are his movies (The Matrix) so this goof is my choice, I know others like him and im sorry but I just dont get the buzz about the guy.

Nobody rates Helle Berry anymore, they haven't in 7 years. I'd say Keanu is underrated. He's perfect for almost everything he does. Coincidentally you can be underrated and still shit, just to clarify.

Looking at that list I wouldn't say many are overrated. Hilary Swank to a degree, but its more to do with her career choices than her ability.

I'll vote Tom Hanks. Lovable everyman, IN EVERYTHING HE FUCKING DOES! Grow some balls and play a villain, man. Being one in a Coen comedy doesn't count.

For me, it has to be Keira Knightley! The woman CANNOT act and she is the most annoying person in the world. In every single role i've seen her in, she is always a whiny fuck that never shuts up. Her accent is beyond irritating and she has no chemistry with anyone, all she does is TRY to make herself look good! Words can't describe how much I want to punch that woman in the face!

I voted Angelina Jolie mostly because the most overrated actor in my book is not on your list, and that is Nicolas Cage, but also because I dont think there is one movie that she has been in that I have ever given a shit about or wanted to go see. The only reason she get so much attention for her movies is her looks, which are as overrated as her acting IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back