NXT TakeOver: The End: NXT Women's Championship - Asuka (c) VS Nia Jax

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Nia Jax defeated Carmella and Alexa Bliss in a triple threat match on tonight's episode of NXT to become #1 contender for Askua's NXT Women's Championship.

Truth be told, I don't have high hopes for this match as Nia Jax is still so green and it's pretty obvious from watching her inside the ring and how she portrays herself while in character. I'm open minded, however, that I might well be surprised considering that Bayley helped carry Nia through some strong matches and Asuka may well be able to as well. I don't think it'll be as easy for Asuka given that Bayley's character is this sweet, loveable underdog whereas Asuka is this undefeated engine of destruction.

I've no doubt that Asuka retains and if she can elevate Nia Jax in a way that makes her come off looking like a badass while looking like a badass herself, then it's the best possible outcome.

I don't know about Asuka's reign being a short one, they seem to have built her to dominate for a bit longer.

Asuka's main moveset is much more striker heavy than say Bayley, so those Kicks and such can be sold by Fat Tamina a lot better than when Bayley tried any offense on her.

Nia still can't do anything but throw the smaller women around right now, so I don't see her being an interesting champion, also it looks like a lot of the up and coming divas are heel that will be pushing for the Woman's title, so it makes more sense to keep Asuka with the belt as the de facto face she is.

I would want Asuka to win here.

Asuka has just won the NxT Women Championship and it would be too soon for her to lose the title. She is booked as a dominant face and Nia Jax is booked as a badass heel.

Would be interesting to see how they mesh up with each other.

Asuka can retain here, then retain again against Bayley at TakeOver near Summerslam and then can lose the title to Nia on next TakeOver.

Bayley could debut at main roster after Summerslam.

Nia Jax is cool, as she brings something unique to the division. But it's too soon for Asuka to lose it.

Also, I feel like both Alexa Bliss and Eva Marie are being built towards eventually being champion. Both can get great heat, especially after winning in a cheap manner(the only way either would believably beat Asuka). I'd go with Alexa, as it would really take her to the next level. Becoming a big fan of her.

Too bad Emma 1)got the call up and 2) Got hurt. She was doing awesome, and well deserving of a title run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back