[OFFICIAL] The kick that stopped the show HQ

Okay, Okay, you got me there. Even I can't justify King Kong Bundy being anything other than a waste of space in a wrestling ring. :p I still maintain though that in their prime, Austin and Cena have not wrestled anyone who can be considered a bad opponent. Of course, I could be wrong about that.

So, you don't think being in the first of any new, big time match makes a person an innovator? HBK was in the first high profile ladder match at WM 10. He was in the first high profile Iron Man match at WM 12. He was in the first ever HIAC with Taker at Bad Blood 1997, and he was in the first ever EC at Survivor Series 2002. He is the only person in WWE that is able to say that. Why was he put in these matches because someone had to go out there and tear down the house, and set the bar for all these matches, and there is only one guy who is guaranteed to do that and that is HBK.

Taker was in the first HIAC as well so why don't we call him the innovator. HHH, Booker T, Kane, RVD, and Jericho were in the first Elimination Chamber so why don't we call them innovators as well? You don't have to win to be an innovator.

Yeah, as I already said, HBK was in the first high profile Iron Man Match

So having a feud of the year with Chris Jericho in 2008 wasn't entertaining? And before you say it, of course Jericho had a role in making this happen, but it also takes two to tango. You don't have a great feud with someone who sucks. HBK was as much apart of making that feud spectacular as Jericho was. Oh, and he also had a great feud with legacy, along with two all time great matches with Taker at Mania. Yeah, HBK was entertaining during the PG Era. He was entertaining in the best possible way: In the ring.

Jericho/HBK produced average matches in my opinion especially the ladder match. I love how he is built up to be the king of the ladder match especially since he hasn't won one in a long long long time. I want to say his last ladder match was in the mid 90's but I'm not 100% sure.

Edge/Taker was the feud of 2008.

This has got to be the most absurd statement I have ever read. Before his match with HBK at Mania 23 Cena was like a yo-yo. He was able to have mediocre-good matches with Mania Event Level guys like HHH, and he had crap matches with lower level guys. After his match with HBK though is when Cena started to get consistently good. HBK pulled out something in Cena that night. HBK took Cena to school on how to have a great match every single night no matter the opponent. HBK did that, and Cena is lucky to have worked with him.

Where are the crap matches he had with lower-level guys? Cena pulled something out of HBK that night. He pulled HBK out of that uninterested rut and made you all remember why he is claimed to be the Showstopper. It's too bad that HBK couldn't keep it up after facing Cena.

Really, and you have proof of this where? Your own opinion? The fact is that the match was the match of the year of 2008 according to PWI and the WWE. So obviously, the match had to have been pretty damn good, and not awful.

# PWI Match of the Year (1993)[171] vs. Marty Jannetty on Monday Night Raw on May 17
# PWI Match of the Year (1994)[172] vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
# PWI Match of the Year (1995)[6] vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI
# PWI Match of the Year (1996)[6] vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
# PWI Match of the Year (2004)[171] vs. Chris Benoit and Triple H at WrestleMania XX
# PWI Match of the Year (2005)[171] vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21
# PWI Match of the Year (2006)[171] vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 22
# PWI Match of the Year (2007)[171] vs. John Cena on Raw on April 23
# PWI Match of the Year (2008)[171] vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
# PWI Match of the Year (2009)[173] vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV

Besides his match with Vince at Mania 22, you tell me what match was undeserving of its title as match of the year? Yes, I will give you Vince at Mania 22. Other than that though, every single match was a five star match that easily deserved its title as Match of the Year. Do other matches those years deserve the title as well? OF COURSE! But to say that the match that won is undeserving is crap.

2005- I thought Angle/HBK was the most overrated match at Wrestlemania and that was due to Angle's poor psychology and the spotfest that it transitioned to halfway through. I can't forget about HBK making Angle's Ankle Lock look like a complete joke. I would take MITB or Undertaker/Orton over that match.

2007- Batista/Undertaker was a great match and should have gone on last mainly because of the title change and how you rarely end WM with the champion retaining. Enjoyed this match a hell of a lot more and HBK should be thanking Orton for being a dick or this match would have been way shorter and possibly not as great.

2008- Any of the Undertaker/Edge matches or Batista/Cena at Summerslam

2009- I'd prefer any of the Jericho/Mysterio matches over Undertaker/HBK which stuck out because the rest of the card was so weak. Mysterio was the MVP of 2009 and deservedly so.

I didn't get how tournament works in sense of who faces who after first round , but I,m damn sure the Heartbreak kid Shawn Michaels will kick JJ's teeth down his throat!

My Ideal final 4 for this tournament is HBK vs. Y2J and Cena vs. Austin.Therefor I will root for HBK for most of the tournament time.I think his retirement will help people to support him more than they had done in the past.

I didn't get how tournament works in sense of who faces who after first round , but I,m damn sure the Heartbreak kid Shawn Michaels will kick JJ's teeth down his throat!

My Ideal final 4 for this tournament is HBK vs. Y2J and Cena vs. Austin.Therefor I will root for HBK for most of the tournament time.I think his retirement will help people to support him more than they had done in the past.

If you look into http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=108560 and follow the link in the thread, you can see how people will face off depending on who advances, at least that's how I've understood it when I asked around.

But I don't know whether Shawn's retirement will help him more than when he was actively putting on matches, considering he could face people who he would probably not be considered on the winning side of everything from a prime vs prime view. that is if people choose to vote in the direction of "kayfabe" although.

Your choice man, but I must admit I don't quite get why a very talked topic on a forum can get you to not think a guy is the potentially greatest of all time?

This is a campaigning headquarter, campaigning is supposed to be done to get people to vote for this guy.

And the guy barely just entered the period of his retirement and an amazing Wrestlemania match and build-up, why would there be anything wrong in posting about that? if you don't like it I don't see why you're reading it.

If the posts were just in his campaign headquarters I would have no problem with it. When they are shallow/pointless and in everyone elses headquarters that approaches a level of annoyance more than intrigue for me. I am a Michaels fan, maybe if the tournament was most entertaining ever I could see him deserving to win another one. But it is not, and I do not think he should win just because he retired or because he lost one great and one good match two years in a row at wrestlemania. Michaels is famous for many things but winning the big one consistently has never been his forte.

If the posts were just in his campaign headquarters I would have no problem with it. When they are shallow/pointless and in everyone elses headquarters that approaches a level of annoyance more than intrigue for me. I am a Michaels fan, maybe if the tournament was most entertaining ever I could see him deserving to win another one. But it is not, and I do not think he should win just because he retired or because he lost one great and one good match two years in a row at wrestlemania. Michaels is famous for many things but winning the big one consistently has never been his forte.

As I've said so many times before in this thread, it's all about how you decide to vote, hell if you wanna vote for Shawn Michaels because he's the most entertaining ever, then you vote for him because he was the most entertaining ever.

There's no right or wrong way of voting for Shawn, Brock, Stone Cold or Fabulous freaking Moolah, it's all about what you prefer to vote from stand point wise, and not what others want you to vote for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back