Original v. Cover: Breed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
While some, maybe many, posters around here hate Nirvana, I'm a fan. I don't think their the "rock gods" they're made out to be, or think that Cobain is the "misunderstood genius" his disciples think he is, but they were good, and they were very original. This song is among my favorites from them, and is great for any time of day, any mood, and it's fun to play air guitar too. Otep is a truly great metal band, and did a decent cover, but it's not better, and probably wasn't meant to be, It was more of an homage to the original.

The Original:

The Cover:

Otep's is definitely a solid cover of the song, but it doesn't touch the original. It was, and is, a great rock song, and shouldn't be covered to be better than that. Any cover done should just pay its respects, and not overshadow it.

Absolutely have to go with the original here. I've long been a Nirvana fanatic, and Breed is one of their very best songs. I'm not a fan of OTEP at all, so this isn't really even a difficult decision for me. Breed exemplifies all of the manic grunge punk energy that Nirvana perfected during their time.

Nirvana FTW here.

Absolutely have to go with the original here. I've long been a Nirvana fanatic, and Breed is one of their very best songs. I'm not a fan of OTEP at all, so this isn't really even a difficult decision for me. Breed exemplifies all of the manic grunge punk energy that Nirvana perfected during their time.

Nirvana FTW here.

No offense, but your posts are pretty boring when we agree. I'm a fan of OTEP, so we have a slight difference here, but I completely agree with everything you said about the song. Nirvana's original is just too good to try and do better. It's best to just pay your respects, and move on with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back