Oscar Predictions Contest

Loved Penn's speech! I was torn between him and Rourke but I though Rourkes buzz would win out. I predicted all by Penn's win which is pretty good :)

I thought it was nice how he stood up for Gay rights as well, but to immediately follow that up with praise of our president, who is 100% against gay marrige, kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Anyway, the Oscar show was tremendous tonight. Really, with the exception of some of the wins and some of the boring ass speeches, the show was fantastic. Jackman did a much better job then I ever expected, and I loved how the Actor nods were presented with former winners giving speeches about each performance. Great shit. Only way the night could've been better is if Springsteen had a performance like he should have, and a couple of victories could've gone another way.

The Obama thing was sort of Ironic but it didn't bother me. I agree that the show was very good. One of the best telecasts in a long time. I kind of got sick of all the slumdog love but it was expected. The acting winners were all great to me, even though some of my favorites didn't win(Brad, Angelina, Amy)the actual winners were all great. And Hugh did a very good job at hosting. The musical numbers were fun(Anne Hatheway can sing)and of course Beyonce was a huge treat. Also I loved having former nominees announcing them. It made the other nominees seem more prestige and not just the winners. Very solid show and the best in years.

Ive been saying it for years, just first time I have voiced it on a forum, mainly proof that now if you make a film about the holocaust you are probably getting an oscar for it and the fact that the nominations weren't really that good.

The Oscars have always been shady, but they are important to the industry. I personally thought the nominees were actually pretty decent this year. They were a few things I would change but most seemed fine for me. As for the holocaust comment, it does seem true but maybe it's just because when the holocaust is the subject of a movie the directors and writers take special care to make it really good? I don't really believe it but who knows? To me the Academy awards like most awards are mostly about politics and campaging anyways but they still try to award at least good movies/actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back