PPV Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
I hope it's not just me that thinks this, but PPV quality has dove terribly low.

What happened to the Jeff Hardy vs Edge Gimmick Matches that were 5* on a monthly basis? What about the Chris Jericho vs HBK 'Wrestlemania Quality' matches?

Don't say, 'because they departed the company, or retired.' WWE could pull off matches like that with CM Punk and The Miz.

So, why don't you think Vinnie Mac pulls off these 5* PPV matches?
What matches would you want to see at a PPV that would bring the 5* quality?

First of all, the miz could never pull off a 5 star match without someone carrying him through it. Second, Punk could but he would need someone just as good to put on the match with. Jeff Hardy(at the time) was amazing and edge was even better. They had past history and they helped invent alot of those gimmick matches thats why they were so amazing. Matches very rarely happen to be great. They need a good storyline and great wrestlers. Two things that are very rare in WWE. Sure there is plenty of both that are good. But so few that are great.

Personally i like i quit matches. Not ones with John Cena because they WILL NEVER book him to lose an i quit match. They need to come up very rarely because if they book too many they lose theyre edge. I also like ladder matches. These can come up more often but not too often. These offer anyone to win because you dont really need to be better than your opponent luck has alot to do with it.

First of all, the miz could never pull off a 5 star match without someone carrying him through it. Second, Punk could but he would need someone just as good to put on the match with. Jeff Hardy(at the time) was amazing and edge was even better. They had past history and they helped invent alot of those gimmick matches thats why they were so amazing. Matches very rarely happen to be great. They need a good storyline and great wrestlers. Two things that are very rare in WWE. Sure there is plenty of both that are good. But so few that are great.

Personally i like i quit matches. Not ones with John Cena because they WILL NEVER book him to lose an i quit match. They need to come up very rarely because if they book too many they lose theyre edge. I also like ladder matches. These can come up more often but not too often. These offer anyone to win because you dont really need to be better than your opponent luck has alot to do with it.

I was at Over The Limit and I'd have to say that it being only my second time seeing a WWE show live made the time much more exciting. The audience was pretty hyped for much of the night despite it being incredibly small. The Randy Orton/Christian match as well as seeing Bret Hart were great moments that I'm glad I got to see in person. Overall it was a pretty fun night.

However, when I went home and rewatched it, I had realized much of the night was pretty boring, lackluster and downright stupid. With the exception of Orton and Christian as well as the whole thing with King/Cole/Hart, there was really nothing of value. The WHC match was an awesome match, but did it make the PPV worthwhile? Absolutely not.

My point is this; in order to find that 5 Star match that you're looking for, you really have to sift through a lot of shit to get to it. Unfortunately, there's just too much shit to sift through that most people just give up after a few minutes of trolling through it.

Christian101, don't worry, the matches are there, you just gotta find them.

And if all else fails, when WWE rolls to your town, watch it live. Even the stupidest crap could seem more exciting in person.

It goes on something I've been saying for years. The WWE needs to tone down the number of PPV's. Just go back to the big 4, make a deal to have a monthly event on network TV and use the extra time to set up the matches. Like they did in the 80's...

It goes on something I've been saying for years. The WWE needs to tone down the number of PPV's. Just go back to the big 4, make a deal to have a monthly event on network TV and use the extra time to set up the matches. Like they did in the 80's...

And that will make Mcmahon tons of money.:rolleyes: Look the more PPV's WWE has to more money they make. Since WWE is in the buisness to make money, i guess we are going to see monthly PPV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back