Promo of the Year

What is the Promo of the Year for 2016?

• Why are you still here? - AJ Styles to John Cena - Smackdown, August 2

• Bring me Nakamura or give me my title - Samoa Joe to William Regal - NXT - October 12

• YOU'RE LAST! - Goldberg to Brock Lesnar - Raw - October 17

• To me, you're dead - Charlotte to Ric Flair - Raw - May 23

• Brother Nero, I knew you'd come - Matt Hardy to Jeff Hardy - Impact - May 31

• I am not a coward! - Miz to Daniel Bryan - Talking Smack - August 23

• I'm THE guy - Roman Reigns - Raw - April 4

• James Ellsworth's debut promo - Raw - July 25

Results are only viewable after voting.
Going with Charlotte because it was kinda turning point to her. Eversince then she exceled both as a wrestler and in her promo work.

Broken Matt Hardy became a meme. Everything he said was pure comedy gold. He completely reinvented himself and made a fight with his brother watchable. "Brother Nero, I knew you'd come." was delivered flawlessly and with a straight face.

He didn't have to say his shtick multiple times like Roman Reigns. It wasn't drenched in drama like these other choices. It was funny, and it was different.

The Miz's antics on Talking Smack were not just a turning point for the former Intercontintental Champion, but for Talking Smack itself. No other promo made waves like that this year.

I've never been a huge fan of the Miz. But his work this year has been nothing short of outstanding. The Talking Smack promo was the pinnacle of this for me, and what really made me appreciate his work more.

The Miz was losing all the time only a few years ago and had that horrible face turn. Now he's back to being the classic heel and it's working perfectly for him with Miz putting out some of his best work ever.

The promo was great even if it is for a match we will never see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back