PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2016 Thread

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Its closing in on that time of year again... PWG has now released the first twenty names for this year's BOLA field! The tournament will take place in Reseda as always and this year's edition will occur on September 2, 3, and 4th.

The hands down best pro wrestling tournament that takes place on North American soil has a field already worthy of its lofty expectations, and still likely has four more names left to come(the last two iterations of the event have featured 24 competitors).

The list of already confirmed talent reads as follows:

Cody Rhodes
Ricochet
Johnny Mundo
Adam Cole
Chris Hero
Kyle O'Reilly
Matt Sydal
Dalton Castle
Trevor Lee
Kamaitachi
Fenix
Jeff Cobb
Mark Haskins
Pete Dunne
Sami Callihan
Tommy End
Jack Gallagher
Mark Andrews
Matt Riddle
Marty Scurll

The list clearly includes many of the top names from the UK circuit, as well as contracted talent from NJPW, TNA, Lucha Underground, and ROH; a couple former NXT and WWE names; and obviously some future NXT names(one of which, Tommy End, has already been confirmed by multiple sources to be joining NXT as early as later in September, meaning BOLA could be his pre-NXT swan song).

Needless to say from the looks of the field that BOLA will once again be the definition of must-see for anyone who is a true pro wrestling fan and not just masquerading as one. Time to get excited for the three best nights of indy wrestling in the world, and the still to come names are sure to be icing on one hell of an already constructed cake.

Use this thread for all PWG BOLA 2016 musings.

Damn. Talked about stacked. I thought the CWC was something to get pumped for. I'm surprised Roddy isn't on the list. I've been watching a lot of Tommy End's work lately. I've been very impressed. Looking forward to seeing him here.

Its also the same weekend as King of Trios, which probably explains why all of the trios announced so far for that have been all female teams

I've been too busy to post the last few days, but I wanted to update this thread, as PWG has named the final four participants for BOLA 2016 and against all odds they have managed to take this field to even another level and nearly upstage the original twenty names announced with just these four new additions; so here is the last of this year's BOLA crowd:

Jushin "Thunder" Liger
Will Ospreay
Zack Sabre Jr.
Pentagon Jr.

This weekend of events have now graduated to offering not only the best BOLA field in PWG's history, but the best field for any tournament ever in independent wrestling.

The addition of those last 4 guys just pushed this tournament to an all-time level in terms of talent. Sucks that we'll probably have to wait until October/November to actually watch it when the DVD comes out, hopefully PWG makes enough cash to invest in some kind of streaming service sooner than later if they're gonna keep putting on shows with this kind of lineup.

The Streaming service is unlikely but hopefully it means a shorter turnaround in when people can get ahold of them.

They will never stream it live.

It's not like nobody has ever thought of it. It's due to the fact that a lot of the big name wrestlers are on exclusive contracts where they can only wrestle on non-televised/streamed shows. The DVDs coming out months later circumvents this.

It also adds to the air of exclusivity for the fans in Reseda paying top dollar to see it first.

Hope Cody Rhodes wins a couple matches and shows off what he can do. Jeff "Not Matanza" Cobb as my pick to win it all.

ヒュー G. レックション;5527385 said:
How is the tournament structured? Round robin? Single elimination?

When they book the tourney with twenty-four participants, as has become the yearly trend now, the format works like this: There are three separate eight-man single elimination brackets. The three bracket winners then compete in one final match- an elimination three way dance with the winner crowned as champion.

Parts of the card from Nights 1 & 2 have been officially announced and they include these absolutely amazing match-ups:

Night One:
Fenix vs. Ospreay

Hero vs. Liger

Night Two:
Riddle vs. O'Reilly

Osprey, Ricochet, and Sydal vs. The Bucks and Adam Cole

Fenix and Pentagon, Jr. vs. Heroes Eventually Die(Hero and End)

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back