Rank Wrestlemanias Worst to First

joejoe

Lazy
You can give reasons if you like but I know lots of posters are lazy so this goes in the Spam zone. Simple really rank your wrestlemanias from worst to first. I'm going to excuse Wrestlemania 1 simply because no one knew what Wrestlemania would become at that time.

23. Wrestlemania 9-Just garbage from top to bottom. No good matches at all on the card.

22. Wrestlemania 2- Once again a crap fest. Who had the idea to make this from three venues??

21. Wrestlemania 11 - This one had one decent match in HBK vs. Diesel and that was literally it.

20. Wrestlemania 13 - Besides Austin vs. Bret Hart This mania did little to entertain anyone.

19. Wrestlemania 12 - Once again this card only had HBK vs. Bret Hart but it gets the nod over 13 because the Piper/Gold Dust did entertain. Taker vs. Diesel was allright too.

18. Wrestlemania 15 - Austin/Rock had a great build and was very entertaining and the Shane McMahon/X Pac match made me laugh. Plus I enjoyed watching Foley get beat up by the Big Show. Not a great Mania in any sense of the word but the build to the main event was good enough for me.

17. Wrestlemania 20 - This was just a clusterfuck of a card because they tried to fit every single person into it. Taker/Kane was good. Cena/Big Show was entertaining but the Main Event was far too over rated in my opinion

16. Wrestlemania 16 - This had a horrible main event with the only positive being Triple H won when no one expected him to retian. However it did have a decent undercard plus the first TLC match.

15. Wrestlemania 4 - I like this mania only for nostalgic reasons. Having to see the same guy wrestle multiple times in a night gets old but the main event between Macho and the Million Dollar man was a cool moment. Plus you gotta love The Bodys commentary.

14. Wrestlemania 21 - Two pretty average main events in Cena/JBL and Batista/HHH but HBK/ Angle and Taker/Orton carried this show. A returning Rowdy Piper was fun again for nostalgic purposes.

13. Wrestlemania 14 - I think I liked this one so much because it was near the high point in my interest in pro wrestling. Austins era had just begun, HHH was ready to take himself to the next level you had the Rock coming into his own the return of L.O.D this PPV made the future seem very bright for the WWF.

12. Wrestlemania 23 - Really you had two good matches here but they both happened to be very good. HBK/Cena and Taker/Batista. If this card had one or two better matches it would be higher up.

11. Wrestlemania 5 -The Hogan/Macho feud was built up so well and delivered such a great match it single handely bumps this up to near top ten status. The undercard was great too with Warrior/Rick Rude and a few other fun matches.

10. Wrestlemania 10 - I loved the "Ten Years in the making" theme. You had Bret/Owen, HBK/Razor, a confusing yet cool match in Macho Man vs. Crush and a decent main event with Bret/Yoko.

9. Wrestlemania 3 - It had the moment of Hogan/Andre, Macho/Steamboat, Jake the Snake had a cool match just the atmosphere of the Silverdome alone makes this mania have good replay value.

8. Wrestlemania 24 - The production value on this PPV is second to none. You had a great Main Event with Edge/Taker, a money in the bank match with good spots HBK/Flair while over rated a good match, and really only two bad matches in Batistia/Umaga and the Womens Match.

7. Wrestlemania 19 - A good main event in Angle/Lesnar, a great match in HBK/Jericho,a match i loved watching in Hogan/McMahon. Austin/The Rock for the last time Add in the solid undercard you get a good mania.

6. Wrestlemania 18 - The crowd simply made this mania great. You had Hogan/Rock, and underrated match in HHH vs. Jericho, and Taker vs. Ric Flair in a match that is fun for me to watch.

5. Wrestlemania 6 - Hogan/Warrior. The biggest main event of all time. That match alone is enough to land this Mania in the top ten.

4. Wrestlemania 8 - Macho Man/ Ric Flair was awesome, The Taker/Jake The Snake match had a good build, the main event was cool because of the return of the Warrior,

3. Wrestlemania 17 - Austin/The Rock was great, Awesome TLC match awesome Taker/HHH match and some good matches along the way.

2. Wrestlemania 7 - Hogan/Sgt. Slaughter was such a great build, Macho Man/Warrior one of the better matches ever, BlindFold Match was so funny, Some good tag matches throughout the show just a fun Wrestlemania all around.

1. Wrestlemania 22 - I just loved this ppv top to bottom. Money in the bank was great, the triple threat match was too short but still good, Foley/Edge was amazing, HBK/McMahon was another match that I always love watching. The amazing crowd for HHH/Cena. It even had an awesome womens match. Wrestlemania 22 was just great in my opinion.

23. Wrestlemania 9-Just garbage from top to bottom. No good matches at all on the card.

What about Perfect vs. Luger? Decent feud, decent match.

Money Inc. vs. Megamaniacs was at least entertaining too -- especially if you consider the fact that technically IRS has a WM victory over Hogan.

It's a poor Wrestlemania for sure, but rock bottom??

Also, should note: The DiBiase vs. Virgil feud had a blow off match at WM7, that was a piping HOT storyline at that time. Just listen to the crowd's support for Virgil around that time.

Incidentally, I'd rank Mania X a lot higher. It's one of the few cards ever with two bonafide ***** matches on it.

What about Perfect vs. Luger? Decent feud, decent match.

Money Inc. vs. Megamaniacs was at least entertaining too -- especially if you consider the fact that technically IRS has a WM victory over Hogan.

It's a poor Wrestlemania for sure, but rock bottom??

Also, should note: The DiBiase vs. Virgil feud had a blow off match at WM7, that was a piping HOT storyline at that time. Just listen to the crowd's support for Virgil around that time.

Incidentally, I'd rank Mania X a lot higher. It's one of the few cards ever with two bonafide ***** matches on it.

Watch Perfect and Luger again its bad. One would think it would be good because of the names involved and you think they would work together but it sucked.

Money Inc. vs. Maniacs also crap. There is not one match on that card I would ever want to watch again which is why its at the bottom.

I'm not a big fan of Wrestlemania 22 at all. It's overly gimmick heavy. I loved Foley and Edge, but what's the point in having a hardcore match, and a no holds barred match with McMahon and HBK. It's the same damn thing, just different names. The two title matches were god awful. Hell, the best thing of the night was Mickie licking her fingers after putting them in Trish's crotch, and that got edited out of the DVD.

I'm not a big fan of Wrestlemania 22 at all. It's overly gimmick heavy. I loved Foley and Edge, but what's the point in having a hardcore match, and a no holds barred match with McMahon and HBK. It's the same damn thing, just different names. The two title matches were god awful. Hell, the best thing of the night was Mickie licking her fingers after putting them in Trish's crotch, and that got edited out of the DVD.

hence why 25 will go down as teh greatest ever...:( Lee plugs his thread yet again.

To be honest, I think the last Wrestlemania I actually saw live was 2004. Lately they really haven't done it for me. I think when you have 12 ppv's a year, it takes away nastalgia. Wrestlemania 9 was the worst? Wow. I actually loved that one. It's weird. As an adult now it kinda sux, but watching it as a kid, it was awesome. Seemed like something crazy happened in every match. My fav's are probably 17, 3, and 8. I still 3 is vastly underated, that whole show with 90,000 people was amazing. 8, well some good matches with a great ending at that time. And 17 i think had some magic, with the main event being great, and the fact that WCW was bought out just weeks before made this event feel huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back