Rebooking Royal Rumble 2015

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
First of all how would you rebook the 2015 Royal Rumble PPV? If you had to rebook the Royal Rumble PPV, what would you have done differently? How would you have booked the Royal Rumble Match? Or how would you have booked the whole card in terms of championship matches and what not?

Well for the Royal Rumble Match itself my list of 30 entrants would have been like this:

1- The Miz
2- Damien Mizdow
3- Bray Wyatt
4- The Boogeyman (surprise entrant)
5- R-Truth
6- Bubba Ray Dudley
7- Curtis Axel
8- Goldust
9- Bo Dallas
10- Big E
11- Dean Ambrose
12- Ryback
13- Stardust
14- Sin Cara
15- Kofi Kingston
16- Adrian Neville (surprise entrant)
17- Rusev
18- Luke Harper
19- Kane
20- Big Show
21- Bad News Barrett
22- Roman Reigns
23- DDP (surprise entrant)
24- Zack Ryder
25- Cesaro
26- Dolph Ziggler
27- Daniel Bryan (surprise entrant)
28- Tyson Kidd
29- Randy Orton (surprise entrant)
30- The Rock (surprise entrant)

Final Six: Bryan (#27), Reigns (#22), Rock (#30), Rusev (#17), Ziggler (#26), Wyatt (#3)

* Orton (#29) would have been eliminated by Mr. Money in the Bank Seth Rollins, a man who wasn't even in the match with Rollins costing Orton the Royal Rumble Match it basically adds to their rivalry

Final Five: Bryan (#27), Reigns (#22), Rock (#30), Rusev (#17), Wyatt (#3)

* Ziggler is eliminated by Rusev

Final Four: Bryan (#27), Reigns (#22), Rock (#30), Rusev (#17)

* Bray Wyatt is eliminated by The Rock after lasting almost 50 minutes especially from the #3 position lasting the longest out of any of the 30 men

Final Three: Bryan (#27), Reigns (#22), Rusev (#17)

* The Rock is eliminated by Rusev, pretty much adding to Rusev's list of eliminations but for Rusev this would be his biggest elimination especially while Rock is focused on eliminating Bryan from the match Rusev from behind eliminates The Rock which further adds to Rusev's heel heat

Final Two: Bryan (#27), Reigns (#22)

* Rusev is eliminated by both Reigns & Bryan who team up to eliminate him which leaves Reigns and Bryan as the crowd favorites out there fighting it out

2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner: Daniel Bryan (#27) last eliminating Roman Reigns (#22)

As for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship the Triple Threat Match between Lesnar (c), Cena and Rollins I thought was booked perfectly from start to finish. I wouldn't change anything there with the outcome still being the same and that is Brock retaining the title.

But I would end the PPV with Bryan celebrating his win fireworks and all but Lesnar backstage with Heyman in Lesnar's locker room with his belt on his shoulder watching Bryan's win almost with a smirk on his face.

well.....i understood WWE's reasoning for not having Bryan win the Royal Rumble, so i would've booked it like this. i wouldn't change the Triple Threat or the Rumble winner, BUT i wouldn't have brought Bryan back yet. i would've left him off the show UNTIL Wrestlemania, just claim he was still injured (when he wasnt) and then bring him back (in the ring at least) at WM against Kane.

Have Bryan interrupt a Corporate Kane promo, have Bryan come out to announce he's back and he's healthy and he wants first and foremost Kane. have Kane look excited, but then have Bryan insult Kane by saying, he doesnt want this suit wearing yes-man, but he wants the monster Kane, then have Monster Kane losing to Bryan at WM.....then have the same result of the WM main event (Rollins winning), then on RAW after Lesnar goes nuts have Rollins backstage doing an interview only to be interrupted by.....Daniel Bryan, who looks at him, and says now that he got his payback, now he gets "his" championship back and then set up a good 3 month long feud with Rollins and Bryan.

that's what i would've done, it would've not angered the fans (who wanted to see Bryan win it) since Bryan wouldn't have had a chance to lose and it would've set up Bryan perfectly with him getting his revenge then chasing the title he never lost.

At the time, I wanted Bryan to win the Rumble and beat Lesnar at Mania. In hindsight, I see that would not have been the best choice. Also, I was actually annoyed that Rollins was in the Title Match. Why would a guy who has a guaranteed title match (And basically a guaranteed title win) anytime he wants willingly compete in a match with John Cena and Brock Lesnar? Logically, it makes no sense. But, also in hindsight, seeing as how that was a fantastic match, that was the right decision!

First of all, you don't want to book too many surprise entrants in the Rumble. Yes, surprises are fun and exciting, but if you have too many of them, then by the time you get to the last one, it won't mean as much.

Secondly, you don't have a surprise Rock appearance just to compete in a match he doesn't win. The only scenario in which that is acceptable is if you have a concrete plan to build a Mania match with Rock. And since that wasn't the case, it would be best to leave him out of the match.

Obviously, hindsight is 20/20. If I was booking at the time, Rollins wouldn't have been in the title match, and Bryan would have won the Rumble. However, that would have backfired on me in multiple ways. Honestly, there are three scenario's for me-
1) Bryan wins, which as I said, would eventually backfire on me if I did it. (Although one can argue that if Bryan had been in the WWE Title match program and not the IC program, he may never have competed in the match that started his concussion problems. So maybe it wouldn't have backfired.)
2) Reigns wins. If Bryan wasn't in the match, there's a chance Roman may have been cheered.
3) Ambrose or Ziggler wins. At that time, those guys were just coming off a pretty big high in terms of being over. If there was ever a time to make either of those guys a true main eventer, it would have been at the Rumble last year.

I'm going to try and book mine as close to reality as possible. It's wrong to not consider booking Bryan to win based on the hindsight of his career threatening injury. No one could have predicted that. At the same time, there's just no way WWE wouldn't have booked Reigns to win.

Results:

Pre-Show: The Usos (c) defeat Kidd and Cesaro for the tag team titles.

Match One: Roman Reigns defeats Triple H. The winner is rewarded with a spot in the Royal Rumble match later in the night.

Match Two: The Ascension defeats The New Age Outlaws, The Miz and Mizdow, and New Day in a tag team turmoil match.

Match Three: The Bella Twins defeat Paige and Natalya.

Match Four: Brock Lesnar (c) defeats Seth Rollins and John Cena in a triple threat match for the WWEWHC.

Match Five: Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble last eliminating Triple H with an assist from Sting instead of The Rock. (final four are Bryan, Triple H, and Ziggler).

The night remains same except for some tweaks to the tag title matches and especially the Rumble main event. Roman's build to the Rumble was terrible and if he faced even and adversity, he may have connected with fans better that night.

The Build:

Triple H targets Reigns in the build and denies him access to the Rumble match. The Authority interferes in matches causing Reigns to lose qualifying bouts. Roman accuses Triple H of jealousy and demands the one on one match at The Rumble, and if Roman wins Trips has to put him in the match. Triple H later adds the stipulation that he'll enter himself into the Rumble when he beats Roman.

Triple H and Stephanie also rekindle their feud with Daniel Bryan at this time, failing to suppress his entry to the match.

The night of the Rumble, Roman wins one on one clean despite Authority interference, with a save from Bryan. I'm confident this would have been enough to sway the tide towards Roman. I also will have limited Roman's mic time, making him more of a late 90s Sting like figure.

After the match, Triple H "congratulates" Roman on his prize, the number one spot in the Rumble, stacking the deck against Reigns once again. Bryan gets the number two spot for his trouble.

The divas and the WWEWHC continue as the did, then the Rumble begins. Similar match with Wyatt dominating, Bubba enters later, DDP pulls some nostalgia. Kane enters at number 28, followed by Big Show at 29. They clear out a fairly full late Rumble including Wyatt, Dudley, and Rusev. Ziggler is laying out on the floor at this time, having rolled out of the ring and not over the top.

Just as the two Authority giants seem posed to toss out Bryan, big save by Roman. Number 30 hits and it's Triple H, inserting himself into the match. Roman battles the Authority, now three against one. Bryan eventually stirs and he and Roman manage to eliminate Big Show and Kane. Triple H goes for the sledge hammer while they're distracted uses it to knock out Reigns.

Bryan is down to his knees when the incapacitated Ziggler emerges. He attempts to attack Triple H but winds up accidentally superkicking Bryan who is eliminated shortly thereafter. Triple H dispatches Dolph with the sledge, eliminating him. Triple H goes to eliminate Roman, rejoined by eliminated Kane and Big Show, when the lights go out, the crows sound, and Sting hits the ring.

Sting takes out Kane and the Big Show with the bat, and takes the hammer from Triple H. Roman recovers and he and Triple H wrestle for moment before Triple H is eliminated. The Rumble ends with Roman and Sting leaving through the crowd together.

The Aftermath:

This sets up the Triple H vs Sting match, the Dolph vs Bryan one on one match that should have happened (could have also been for the IC title, possibly with ladders), and a Roman victory that could have gotten people behind him.

Yes, I have Triple H losing twice in a night to the same guy, but the second loss he could blame on Sting. Triple H has been undeniably the biggest heel in WWE since his turn at SummerSlam 2013 and he has rarely wrestled, and received no comeuppance for his villainy.

If WWE had such a desperate desire to push a green and ill-prepared Roman, then he should have been put over by their best and most over heel, right? If the hotshot to Mania was truly the be all end all, then the biggest heel and boss should have stepped up to the plate to put the poor guy over.

You could not book Roman in the number one spot, but I feel like it's time to give someone else to mention in that feat aside from Michaels and he who must not be named. Roman has one Rumble record, why not another?

I don't think fans would have shat on the ending when Bryan's elimination is by Triple H and a blunder by a heel turning Ziggler. Sting's presence will also help, that and Roman will have basically gone through all the adversity WWE has to offer to keep him from winning.

I'm going to try and book mine as close to reality as possible. It's wrong to not consider booking Bryan to win based on the hindsight of his career threatening injury. No one could have predicted that. At the same time, there's just no way WWE wouldn't have booked Reigns to win.

Results:

Pre-Show: The Usos (c) defeat Kidd and Cesaro for the tag team titles.

Match One: Roman Reigns defeats Triple H. The winner is rewarded with a spot in the Royal Rumble match later in the night.

Match Two: The Ascension defeats The New Age Outlaws, The Miz and Mizdow, and New Day in a tag team turmoil match.

Match Three: The Bella Twins defeat Paige and Natalya.

Match Four: Brock Lesnar (c) defeats Seth Rollins and John Cena in a triple threat match for the WWEWHC.

Match Five: Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble last eliminating Triple H with an assist from Sting instead of The Rock. (final four are Bryan, Triple H, and Ziggler).

The night remains same except for some tweaks to the tag title matches and especially the Rumble main event. Roman's build to the Rumble was terrible and if he faced even and adversity, he may have connected with fans better that night.

The Build:

Triple H targets Reigns in the build and denies him access to the Rumble match. The Authority interferes in matches causing Reigns to lose qualifying bouts. Roman accuses Triple H of jealousy and demands the one on one match at The Rumble, and if Roman wins Trips has to put him in the match. Triple H later adds the stipulation that he'll enter himself into the Rumble when he beats Roman.

Triple H and Stephanie also rekindle their feud with Daniel Bryan at this time, failing to suppress his entry to the match.

The night of the Rumble, Roman wins one on one clean despite Authority interference, with a save from Bryan. I'm confident this would have been enough to sway the tide towards Roman. I also will have limited Roman's mic time, making him more of a late 90s Sting like figure.

After the match, Triple H "congratulates" Roman on his prize, the number one spot in the Rumble, stacking the deck against Reigns once again. Bryan gets the number two spot for his trouble.

The divas and the WWEWHC continue as the did, then the Rumble begins. Similar match with Wyatt dominating, Bubba enters later, DDP pulls some nostalgia. Kane enters at number 28, followed by Big Show at 29. They clear out a fairly full late Rumble including Wyatt, Dudley, and Rusev. Ziggler is laying out on the floor at this time, having rolled out of the ring and not over the top.

Just as the two Authority giants seem posed to toss out Bryan, big save by Roman. Number 30 hits and it's Triple H, inserting himself into the match. Roman battles the Authority, now three against one. Bryan eventually stirs and he and Roman manage to eliminate Big Show and Kane. Triple H goes for the sledge hammer while they're distracted uses it to knock out Reigns.

Bryan is down to his knees when the incapacitated Ziggler emerges. He attempts to attack Triple H but winds up accidentally superkicking Bryan who is eliminated shortly thereafter. Triple H dispatches Dolph with the sledge, eliminating him. Triple H goes to eliminate Roman, rejoined by eliminated Kane and Big Show, when the lights go out, the crows sound, and Sting hits the ring.

Sting takes out Kane and the Big Show with the bat, and takes the hammer from Triple H. Roman recovers and he and Triple H wrestle for moment before Triple H is eliminated. The Rumble ends with Roman and Sting leaving through the crowd together.

The Aftermath:

This sets up the Triple H vs Sting match, the Dolph vs Bryan one on one match that should have happened (could have also been for the IC title, possibly with ladders), and a Roman victory that could have gotten people behind him.

Yes, I have Triple H losing twice in a night to the same guy, but the second loss he could blame on Sting. Triple H has been undeniably the biggest heel in WWE since his turn at SummerSlam 2013 and he has rarely wrestled, and received no comeuppance for his villainy.

If WWE had such a desperate desire to push a green and ill-prepared Roman, then he should have been put over by their best and most over heel, right? If the hotshot to Mania was truly the be all end all, then the biggest heel and boss should have stepped up to the plate to put the poor guy over.

You could not book Roman in the number one spot, but I feel like it's time to give someone else to mention in that feat aside from Michaels and he who must not be named. Roman has one Rumble record, why not another?

I don't think fans would have shat on the ending when Bryan's elimination is by Triple H and a blunder by a heel turning Ziggler. Sting's presence will also help, that and Roman will have basically gone through all the adversity WWE has to offer to keep him from winning.

This is probably the best booked or should I say rebooked version of the 2015 Royal Rumble PPV especially your match card and your storylines but also the fact that you kept the 2015 Royal Rumble Match winner the exact same that being Roman Reigns but that you would have Roman enter the Rumble early especially from the #1 position he would have to be in there for over an hour possibly even surpassing Rey Mysterio's record of 62 minutes, 12 seconds

But The Authority stacking the deck against him with the COO doing it mostly with Triple H being so power hungry Reigns having to even earn an opportunity into the match by beating Triple H but also Authority interference mostly Kane, J & J, Big Show

Rollins wouldn't be able to interfere because he has his Triple Threat WWE World Heavyweight Championship match with Lesnar the WWE World Heavyweight Champion and with Cena so he can't exactly help Triple H but then there's Stephanie she would surely get involved but it wouldn't matter because Reigns would still win the match but then to be in there for over an hour as the first guy out there

And Triple H being the COO inserts himself into the Royal Rumble Match but then wouldn't Triple H also be a marked man in the Rumble Match considering he would be in there with the likes of Reigns and other superstars who probably hate the COO just as much as Reigns does so wouldn't they go after Triple H to try to eliminate him from the match?

Bryan being eliminated accidentally by Ziggler, now that would be a great way to start the rivalry but also turning Ziggler heel in the process to face off against a babyface Bryan would be perfect

But then Reigns winning the Rumble with an assist from The Vigilante The Icon Sting the lights go out and Sting is in the ring when the lights come back on and Triple H tries to go on the attack of Sting but Reigns intercepts Triple H and eliminates him from the Rumble Match to win it, that would be perfect and especially Reigns & Sting leaving together through the crowd, that would be a perfect way to get the crowd on Reigns' side but then he would still have to go to Mania to face off against Brock

The event was fine as it was up until the Rumble match itself and, honestly, I still would have gone with Roman Reigns winning. I would have protected him a lot more though by doing the following:

No Daniel Bryan on the card whatsoever. He wasn't needed to sell it and having him anywhere near brought back too many memories of 2014. I would have held off his return until the Monday after the PPV and immediately had some programme for him where a heel attacked, kayfabe reinjured him and set up their match for Wrestlemania. That way you avoid the BS around whether Bryan should be in the match with Brock instead of Roman.

Have Seth Rollins enter the match as Number 30. Makes sense for him to use his stroke with the Authority to get in and I'd use a backstage angle where some guy like Zack Ryder is 'mysteriously' taken out to open up the spot. That prompts Sting to enter the ring when we're down to the last five and help eliminate Rollins/screw the Authority over.

Do not have Big Show and Kane toss out Ambrose, Wyatt and Ziggler with ease. I watched that, and coupled with the Bryan elimination, thought that Vince must be selling the company and had legit turned heel on the fans. Worst booking of a match since Starrcade '97.

Final Six of Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Rusev, Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Big Show. Rollins tosses out Orton to set up the start of that Authority feud for Mania --> Sting attacks Rollins to allow Reigns eliminate him --> Rusev eliminates Wyatt just to set up some intrigue there --> Reigns eliminates Big Show to get some audience cheers --> Reigns eliminates Rusev to win the match.

I don't think that would have stopped all the boos for Reigns but it would have protected him a lot better than that mess Vince booked. You get a stronger match, no dumping out of faces at the end to piss the crowd off, no Bryan to protect Reigns, a Sting appearance to get the crowd pumped, a few angles set up and Reigns eliminating Big Show and Rusev, two proper heels, to win the match.

The event was fine as it was up until the Rumble match itself and, honestly, I still would have gone with Roman Reigns winning. I would have protected him a lot more though by doing the following:

No Daniel Bryan on the card whatsoever. He wasn't needed to sell it and having him anywhere near brought back too many memories of 2014. I would have held off his return until the Monday after the PPV and immediately had some programme for him where a heel attacked, kayfabe reinjured him and set up their match for Wrestlemania. That way you avoid the BS around whether Bryan should be in the match with Brock instead of Roman.

Have Seth Rollins enter the match as Number 30. Makes sense for him to use his stroke with the Authority to get in and I'd use a backstage angle where some guy like Zack Ryder is 'mysteriously' taken out to open up the spot. That prompts Sting to enter the ring when we're down to the last five and help eliminate Rollins/screw the Authority over.

Do not have Big Show and Kane toss out Ambrose, Wyatt and Ziggler with ease. I watched that, and coupled with the Bryan elimination, thought that Vince must be selling the company and had legit turned heel on the fans. Worst booking of a match since Starrcade '97.

Final Six of Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Rusev, Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Big Show. Rollins tosses out Orton to set up the start of that Authority feud for Mania --> Sting attacks Rollins to allow Reigns eliminate him --> Rusev eliminates Wyatt just to set up some intrigue there --> Reigns eliminates Big Show to get some audience cheers --> Reigns eliminates Rusev to win the match.

I don't think that would have stopped all the boos for Reigns but it would have protected him a lot better than that mess Vince booked. You get a stronger match, no dumping out of faces at the end to piss the crowd off, no Bryan to protect Reigns, a Sting appearance to get the crowd pumped, a few angles set up and Reigns eliminating Big Show and Rusev, two proper heels, to win the match.

This even this would have been a good way to at least make the 2015 Royal Rumble PPV better I mean especially having Rollins in the Royal Rumble Match as #30 but then what happens to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match? I mean the championship match was a Triple Threat Match between Lesnar, Cena and Rollins and if you take Rollins out of that then you would have had a 1 on 1 match with Cena & Lesnar? How would that have made it any better? The Triple Threat was awesome

It's wrong to try and book this event in particular, there was SO much going on in WWE at the time that this is the one "fuck up" they probably EARNED over the years.

There is a lot of hate on Kane and Big Show - at the time, Kane and Show got a "Susan B. Anthony" that night (if you saw Oceans' movies) they got the thank you for taking the shit they'd taken in the year or two prior, putting over everyone and their dog.

Show then also got the Andre Battle Royal which kinda sucked but again, made sense based on his BOOKING AT THE RUMBLE!

The Bryan situation was messed up beyond belief, but there really was no real "proof" he was good to go, and the second injury basically proved it.

The only real flaw was the obvious one of Reigns winning, it went down like a fart in a Casket Match but it lead to Rollins reign, which has been a success all told. He's the first "new" champ in a long time who they have "made to look good" but looked good anyway. Bryan never did, Sheamus, Miz, none of those guys did.... Rollins belongs there, and it shows, in spite, because of or without the machine. That doesn't happen if the Rumble isn't booked exactly how it was.

It was a bad show - let it go... When Rusev was in the Tank or Rollins cashed in, were you really rebooking the Rumble in your head? NO

The only way WWE can affect the Rumble now is to kill the ridiculous stip (it's been stupid since 93) of the winner going to Mania. Let Mania be booked by feuds... if you must have a way for someone to get a shot, thats MITB or you make Night of Champions IC vs World EVERY year... and a new IC champ is born either way right after... in 2015, the Rumble is so mundane that it's almost obsolete... remove the title shot, make it for "2m dollars" or something instead... allow Indy guys in on that basis... let Mania be about blood feuds again rather than contriving one around a Rumble Winner... THEN ratings improve!

I'm curious about what people think of the '92 Rumble. Flair had a lengthy performance and won the title, but do you think it was the moment he deserved? Was his impact diminished because he came in claiming to be the "real" World Champion but didn't defeat a champion to win the belt? Or that even in his title win, the spotlight was on Hogan? Did the Rumble make it an even bigger accomplishment, that he had to go through twenty-nine other guys on one of the WWF's biggest cards to win it? Should his performance be ranked as the best Rumble performance in history?

On one hand I think that the Royal Rumble was fine and that the fix should have been done at Mania. If I had to fix Royal Rumble I would have to start from a a month before.

Ambrose looks like he has Rollins beat at HIAC then Wyatt interferes. Ambrose NEEDS TO WIN THIS FEUD.

Royal Rumble goes as it does excerpt for eventually the last 8 guys are
Reigns, Ambrose, Bryan, Ziggler, Rusev, Big Show, Kane, Wyatt

Bryan and Ziggler eliminate Rusev
Big Show catches Ziggler with a knock out punch and dumps him
Ambrose tosses Wyatt who tries to get back in. He attacks Ambrose but Reigns stops him from tossing him.
Big Show knocks out Reigns and Kane and he double chokeslam him. Ambrose and Bryan attack big show and Kane but they take them out. Bryan gets dumped
The Reigns and Ambrose fight back and toss out Kane
Both hit their specials on Big show and eliminate him.
Its down to Reigns and Ambrose. Have them put on good 8-10 minute final 2, Reigns says sorry, goes to hit the spear on Ambrose but Ambrose side steps him and uses his momentum to eliminate Reigns.

Ambrose wins the Rumble, Reigns shakes his hand and says at least it was one of us but he looks kinda salty to sow the seeds of a heel turn. They both celebrate switching between Ambrose's theme and Reigns's theme with the pyro technics.

This even this would have been a good way to at least make the 2015 Royal Rumble PPV better I mean especially having Rollins in the Royal Rumble Match as #30 but then what happens to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match? I mean the championship match was a Triple Threat Match between Lesnar, Cena and Rollins and if you take Rollins out of that then you would have had a 1 on 1 match with Cena & Lesnar? How would that have made it any better? The Triple Threat was awesome

Oh I'd keep the triple threat as is, that match is one of my Top 5 matches of the year. I'd have Rollins in that match and also enter as number 30 in the Rumble. The story being that he didn't win the belt there but is so obsessed over getting it that he injured Ryder and got the Authority to let him take his place. He's protected in the match then by having Sting cause the interference/distraction that allows Reigns to eliminate him.

That also builds the frustration that leads him to roll the dice and cash in at Wrestlemania as he did in the real match.

I would have liked to have Bryan win the royal rumble over roman reigns and the triple threat was awesome..... Roman Reigns was not ready for this push.....

The Royal Rumble match it self I would have had Roman and Daniel both win, with HHH and J & J Security on the outside and Kane and Big Show in the match eliminating Dean, Dolph and trying to distract Daniel and Roman. In the end Roman and Daniel help each other and eliminate everyone else they end up knocking each other out at the same time.
In the Title match I would have had Seth win so that could set up Seth, Daniel and Roman at Wrestlemania, Seth could still win and the fans would not be so down on Roman after the Rumble. We would not have to see Brock, Roman is not ready but he is getting the fan support and Daniel did get injured and was out but you can not predict these things.
As far as Seth's Money in the bank briefcase Seth would turn it in and they could have a tournament for it on Raw the next night, the winner would have one full year to turn it in. So you could have two MITB winners running around at the same time since MITB is in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back