283632_262833160496234_1957546941_n.jpg

Qualified Entrants:

Ace Stevens (c)
Connor Reese
Darren Bull
Derek Jacobs
Justin Cooper
Stevenson Marquel​

For the first time since Kingdom Come II, the Mayhem Championship Scramble will be making its way to Redemption where champion Ace Stevens will have to compete in one of the most unforgiving and unpredictable environments against 5 hungry competitors. This match will be indeed held under Mayhem rules and the match will be contested for 25 minutes. If a pinfall occurs during the match, the person who takes the pinfall becomes the interim Mayhem champion (and will be counted towards the championship history) until the next pinfall. The person who made the last pinfall by the end of the 25 minutes will be the new Mayhem champion.

Deadline is Wednesday, July 25th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Derek Jacobs sits on a bench in the locker room following his defeat at the hands of Ace Stevens at Ascension 51. Beads of sweat drop off of his face.

*Drip, Drip Drip*

Disappointment is etched on his face as he stands up to take his leave from the arena. Various backstage workers run the other way as they see him coming, in fear of Derek lashing out at them in anger over his loss. As he steps through the door and goes to his car, he sees a text from James Parker.

I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life. Muhammad Ali. You might have lost Derek, but you showed that you’re a force to be reckoned with. There’s going to be more title matches for you. Get some rest. I’ll see you in the morning.

On the drive to the hotel, Derek can’t help but to think back on the events of that night. The confidence he had going in to the match with Stevens slipping away as he was dazed after going through that table, the anger he felt burning in his heart as he saw Stevens holding the mayhem championship high in the air, and the disappointment in himself. After getting back to the hotel, Derek takes his bag upstairs before going to the hotel bar to drink the night away.

*The following day*

Derek wakes up and slowly makes his way out of bed, still sore from the Mayhem title match the night before. After eating a quick breakfast, he makes his way to the gym. After a long, blistering workout he leaves, and returns to his room, where his cell phone is ringing.

Derek- Hello?

James Parker- DJ! It’s me. I have some big news for you. Have you showered?

Derek- Actually-

James- Great! Meet me downstairs in 5 minutes!

Derek shakes his head and begins to change out of his sweaty gym clothes. A short time later, he’s seen outside of his hotel waiting on James. A very expensive luxury car pulls up and the passenger window rolls down.

James- Derek! Let’s go!

Derek gets into the car and almost immediately yells at James.

Derek- James, What in the HELL is going on? I’m having a pretty rough damn day over here, and you’re celebrating like I won the world title last night? How in the hell do you explain this?

James- Whoa, big guy! Calm down! I have news that I think would make your day go a lot better. You have earned a spot in the Mayhem Scramble match at Redemption. Congratulations kid, you’ve made the big time!

Derek- I have another opportunity at the mayhem championship…at a major pay per view? Who are my opponents?

James- We don’t know that yet, but the qualifying matches are on Aftershock. We can be front row to find out if you like.

Derek- Hell yeah, I want to know! I want to be as ready for this match as I was for the relay match. Let’s go to Aftershock.
Later that night, Jacobs and Parker are seen sitting in a luxury box at Aftershock watching the qualifying matches for the scramble match. They watch as Connor Reese, Darren Bull, Stevenson Marquel and Justin Cooper all qualify to join Ace Stevens and himself in the match at Aftershock. After the show, on the way back to another hotel, James tries to rack Derek’s mind on his opinion of the match.

James- Well Derek, at least we know who you’re going to be facing at Redemption. What is your strategy going to be?

Derek- Well, this is a match under mayhem rules, so anything goes. I know that I’ll probably have to pick my spots like I did in the relay match, but at the same time, the rules are in my favor because I can pretty much just pick up any weapon and bash all their heads in for 25 minutes. I’ve been in the ring with all but 2 of my opponents, so I believe I know them very well. Half of these guys are former Mayhem champions, the only exceptions being myself, Bull and Reese. Derek pauses, contemplating the match and his opponents.

Derek- I can’t be too cocky going into this match. It’s anything goes for 25 minutes and anything can happen, and there are a couple wildcards in it for me, but if I can find a good strategy and stick to it, I can walk out of the match the Mayhem champion. It’s just a matter of time before I become a champion here in WZCW, and the sooner the better. I need to find a way to make more money than I am at the moment. These little paychecks aren’t cutting it. By adding the Mayhem championship to my resume, more people might come to me for “protection”. Then I’ll start making the big bucks.

*Later that night*

Another dream befalls Derek Jacobs. In this particular dream, he’s standing in the middle of the ring, Mayhem champion of the world. Fans are cheering him, and then all of the sudden the arena goes dark. When the lights cut back on, he’s standing not in a wrestling ring, but in a courtroom. His hands are cuffed behind him, and the judge addresses Derek.

Judge- Mr Jacobs, you are hereby being sentenced to death for the reckless murder of your parents. Everything that happened to your parents was your fault. If you hadn’t gotten into trouble they wouldn’t have been on the way to the police station to pick you up, and would’ve never gotten into that tragic wreck. Even though you survived, you had absolutely no right to, so it is up to the Justice System to right that wrong.

*All of a sudden, the courtroom bursts into flames, and everyone with it. Derek’s screams are the last thing heard before the camera feed cuts out. *

The Mad Man Runs Wild Tonight - Taking Back My Gold

Inside of a local coffee shop Officer Tate sits quietly having an early Saturday morning breakfast before work. Unfortunately for Tate, who looked like he wanted to be left alone, a man takes a set directly across from him at the same table. As if to say “what the fuck” Tate looks up at the man and is shocked to see that it is Justin Cooper. With his arch rival staring across from him one would think Officer Tate wouldn’t be able to control himself but this isn’t the case. Being in law enforcement for over a decade Tate has learned a thing or two about dealing with “crazy people” … gotta’ keep it politically correct.

Officer Tate: What in the world are you doing here? After what you did I thought you would be smarter than this.

Suddenly Tate fakes to exit from the table, instead he grabs onto the arm of Justin, pulling him forward.

Officer Tate: What makes you think I won’t arrest you right here, right now?

Both men remain silent. Not a word is spoken by Tate or Justin as they stare into the others eyes. An uncomfortable level of intensity begins to rise in the room. Tate’s grip is very tight around the arm of Justin, who by the way is not showing any emotion. The only sign that he is listening is a small smirk. It’s very small but it is definitely there.

Officer Tate: Speak damn it!

Things have gone and got serious now. In a somewhat surprising move Tate realises his grip on Justin. This allows the messiah to pull his arm out and fix up the wrinkles in his suit. That small smirk from before has now turned into a chuckle from Justin. He lifts up Officer Tate’s coffee that was sitting to the right and begins to swirl it around with a spoon.

Justin: Such a fine man as yourself should not be speakin’ in such a way that would discredit his establishment. How would the government react if it found out one of its own, the little piggie that is Mr Tate, was mistreatin’ citizens of this country? I’m sure that wouldn’t go over to well with the suits … would it Officer? Now how ‘bout we cut all this crap that you seem to want to put me through as of late. All I want, is to do business.

Officer Tate: I’ve got no business to be done with you, freak!

Justin: Harsh words. Certainly not needed, I mean we’re friends… are we not?

Officer Tate: You’re no friend of mine. Now get outta’ here before I call for backup.

Justin’s face basically says “meh”.

Justin: Let’s be real…

Next he’ll be fist pumping and bringing in over tanned Italians to these little meetings.

Justin: The chances of you callin’ for backup are ‘bout as slim as those kids we see on world vision. You don’t want people to be around when me and you meet. You want it to just be us and that’s fine by me. Just as long as I get what I want from you … now give me what I want.

Officer Tate: What is it you think I have? I don’t have anything more from the compound, it’s all in lock up down at the station.

Justin: After all this time I thought we could be honest with each other. Why must you lie?

Officer Tate: Believe me… I’m not.

Justin: Don’t lie to me! I’m sick of being told lies by you. Tell me where it is before I lose my temper.

Officer Tate: I’m telling you I don’t have anything else.

Justin shakes his head, obviously not believing a word Tate says.

Justin: Why must you waste my time? I’ve taken a long drive to get to his little shop and now, after lookin’ for you all over this city, I get nothin’ but cheap lies! The only thing you can do is tell me the truth, just give me what I want and we’ll be on our way.

Officer Tate: We?

Suddenly several men stand up from the surrounding tables in the shop. All of them are dressed in black suits and have their faces covered. It’s a setup and Officer Tate is trapped in the web created by the messiah and his henchmen. With his surroundings compromised Officer Tate begins to look around the room for an escape, unfortunately he finds nothing. It would seem that control is firmly in the hand of Justin and that is reflected as he shoots a cocky smile over to Tate.

Officer Tate: Couldn’t find me hey?

Justin: Honestly… amongst thieves … I’d expect you to know better Tate. I had to have some protection around should you jump me or do something rather stupid in the heat of the moment. I don’t like havin’ my men around either but it’s a must when dealin’ with somethin’ as serious as this.

Officer Tate: I’m listening.

Justin: When you invaded the compound that night, somethin’ went missin’ that wasn’t supposed to. I’m lookin’ for a disc, a very special disc containin’ information on the High Society. I know someone took it and I know it was one of your people. Since nothin’ happens without your sign off I know that you at least would have an idea on who has it, if you don’t have it in your possession already. I need that disc back before I leave this shop.

Officer Tate: A disc, that’s what this thing is about?

Justin: Not just a disc but THE disc.

Justin leans forward and begins to tap the table with his right hand.

Justin: That disc contains information that would ruin me if it ever got out. I can’t allow it to fall into the hands of people who have problems with the High Society. Should someone like that traitor Vladimir get his hands on the disc… well… problems would arise of district proportions. Not only would my leadership be severally damaged but my professional career as a wrestler would be in shambles.

Officer Tate: What does Vladimir have to do with any of this?

Justin: That no good backstabber has thrown together a little group of renegades that decided to oppose me and my High Society. His little group isn’t anythin’ that I’m terribly worried about, if they don’t have the disc but if Vladimir gets this disc… I’ll be ruined. Nothin’ will be able to save me if he gets a hold of this information.

Officer Tate: I see. Well Justin, sorry to have to tell you this but I don’t have it. I’ve never even heard of this group that Vladimir has put together to fight against you.

After hearing that Justin is boiling with rage. His hand is shaking and he slams his foot down on the ground. Tate stares over at Justin as he grabs a mobile phone out from his pocket and begins to make a phone call.

Justin: Hello … it’s Justin … yeah he says he’s got nothin’ about the disc … alright, I know what to do.

After making the quick phone call Justin hangs it up and puts the phone back into his pocket. He looks up at Tate and shakes his head, obviously annoyed at the result of the meeting today.

Justin: I’ve got a match this week on television. It’s a title match with some of the other guys in the company. I think it’ll be interestin’ to be out in the mix again. You ever been in the mix?

Tate doesn’t say anything other than a mumble that Justin can’t pick up.

Justin: This business I’m in is a little crazy, I guess you could say it’s changed me. Well, not entirely but this crazy world has definitely left its stamp on my life. In fact I find that this match I’m in, the mayhem scramble as it happens to be called, might be a turning point in my career. Sure people say that all the time but I really mean it. I’ve come a long way since the earlier days of my career and I’ve seen a lot of the mayhem that is WrestleZone Championship Wrestling. Once this federation was dominated by the white knight in Ty but now he’s the evil one burning us to the ground. It’s poetic in a sense. I know you’re not a fan but understand that my match is a little than a couple of guys beating down on each other. This match is about legacy for three of us. Two former champions vs. the current champion in a battle of pure mayhem.

Justin stands up on his chair and throws his hat into the air. The crackpot kicks his heels in the air and rushes around behind Tate; grabbing him by the neck and pulling back tightly.

Justin: It’s a great time to by me right now Officer Tate. It’s a fun adventure I’m on and at Redemption I may just get an extra couple of pounds of gold around my waist. I’ve been… cuttin’ down on the junk food to make room for my dear title and now I think it will be a perfect fit. No man is going to stop me and you can believe that. You can’t stop me, Darren Bull, Ace Stevens, Connor Reese, Derek Jacobs … not even Stevenson Marquel can beat me. I am this division, not this fool Ace Stevens who pretends some champion. The only reason he beat me was because I didn’t know who I was facing. This time will be different; this time I know who I’m facing.

Justin leans forward and places his head on the shoulder of Officer Tate.

Justin: I know who I’m facing this time… the question is … do they?

Suddenly, like a mad man, Justin kicks the legs out from the chair and Tate falls down to the ground hard. Justin’s men inside of the shop rise to their feet and begin to surround their messiah as he ties Tate up with some supplies he had hidden when he entered the area. He must have been practicing because Justin is able to tie Tate up rather quickly. Once finish the surrounding men all begin to walk forward in a circle around their messiah and the captured Officer Tate. They make their way out the shop and onto the street before Justin throws Tate into the back of an open white van out the front. The doors are slammed shut as we… fade to black.

16 hours after Aftershock 11 - STA Head Quarters, CT

At times Connor Reese finds the weight of expectation almost soul crushing. The hours spent 'training' in the sadist's circus had earned him victory and even a place in the Mayhem Scramble. But the red-eye flight to Connecticut and not a word of congratulation since leaving the arena had stripped him of any elation about the spoils of victory. This was what he was supposed to do. Why reward someone for meeting expectations? Scowling, he opens the door to the main offices of STA. As soon as he steps over the threshold, an attractive blonde looks up from her phone, before putting it away.

"You are here. Good."

"Lovely to see you too Sascha." He responds calmly to the frosty entrance before both begin walking down the hall. Deciding to make small talk to liven up the monotony he asks "How is Alicia?"

Her demeanour changes at the mention of her girlfriend. "She is good. However she worries about her brother. She notices that he is not the same as he was." Connor nods at that. Nobody leaves The Circus the same way he entered.

"Is she objecting to these changes?"

"Not yet. I have managed to convince her that these changes are not so big, and will help him in the long run. But the deception hurts and I know that they have barely started." They reach their apparent destination, an office door. Sascha raps on the door twice and turns to Connor. "You did well last night Connor." She opens the door, holding it open for him.

"Thanks" he whispers as he passes before taking a seat on the other side of the desk to the true owner of STA and an unknown woman.

The man breaks the silence. "You can leave now, Sascha." She nods, closing the door behind her as she departs. "Now that everyone is here, we can begin." Not waiting for any objections, he continues. "Connor, your behaviour at the press conference was unacceptable." Reese rolls his eyes, and opens his mouth to respond. Before he's able to, he's cut off with a glare from the female across the table from him. "For this reason I have decided that you need to be monitored more closely to ensure that your actions do not jeopardise my plans for you."

"If you insist." Another glare "... sir. Who will be doing the observing?"

"I'm glad you asked that Connor. Allow me to introduce you to Kara Ken. She will be accompanying you at all times on the road and reporting any infractions directly to me."

"And how will I explain the fact that I am being accompanied by... Kara, was it?"

"Oh, we're very much in love Connor. We simply can't bear to be apart while you're on the road so we have to travel together." She says, voice dripping with sarcasm and looking every bit as displeased with the arrangement as Connor.

"You can not be serious!"

"I disagree, Connor. But then, what do I know? I'm only the owner of this company and certifiable genius. There are other matters I would like to discuss, however I have an urgent meeting with a potential client to prepare for. Connor, you are to undergo one-one Mayhem training in The Circus to prepare for your match at Redemption. Dismissed." There was no room for argument, his tone clearly making the impression that the matter was over.

Eager to leave the room, Reese stands and makes his way towards the door. As he enters the hallway he feels an urge to tell his mother that he loves her, and to leave all of his possessions to his little brother as it slowly dawns on him what was meant by 'Mayhem training'. That man needed to integrate weapons in his training in the same way a diabetic needs to integrate a chocolate éclair into his lunch. He shudders before continuing his journey. This was going to be a long and very painful week of training.

One Week Later - Denver International Airport

As he had expected, the week had not been an enjoyable one. He had avoided getting any notable injuries, though not for lack of trying and Kara was still acting like a bitch. Despite these setbacks he felt ready for Redemption. He couldn't care less how many times the title changed hands in the scramble. All that matters is the final pin fall and that would be his.

"Connor, look where you're going!" Lost in his own little world, Connor had almost trod on a young child.

"Thanks, Kara." She acknowledges the words with a nod and he turns his attention to the boy. "Sorry buddy, I didn't see you there."

"It's OK. Have I seen you on TV before? You look kinda familiar."

"You watch WZCW?"

"Yeah, I record it every week. Even though it always gets pre-empted."

Connor chuckles at the kid's honesty. "Well, that's probably where you've seen me. I'm Connor Reese, I débuted last week."

"That is SO cool! But who's she? I didn't see her on Aftershock."

"I'm Kara." She quickly answers

"She's my girlfriend."

"You have a girlfriend?" The kid's face clearly shows nothing but disgust at the idea.

"Sure I do."

"Why wouldn't he have a girlfriend?" She sounds almost insulted by the implication.

"Because girls are lame." He stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Do you know what?"

"What" he says excitedly.

Connor looks both ways, as if he's looking for people eavesdropping on his conversation. "I think you're right. But some girls, like Kara aren't lame. I mean if she hadn't been there I'd have stepped on you."

"I guess..." he still sounds sceptical "Can I have your autograph please Connor? Everyone at school is going to be so jealous when I tell them that I met a real WZCW wrestler! And his girlfriend too; I guess."

"I'd love to buddy..." he looks across to Kara and remembers one of her 'golden rules' - never give out autographs to strangers at an airport. "But unfortunately I don't have a pen." The kid looks shocked and saddened by that. "But I can give you something even better." He reaches into his jacket pocket, pulling out an amulet on a chain modelled after one of the patterns on his wrestling pants.

"A necklace?" The kid asks dejectedly.

"No. Necklaces are for girls. Cool guys like you or me don't wear necklaces. It's an amulet, I've got one on." He pulls at a chain around his neck to reveal an exact duplicate. "And none of your friends will have one yet because they aren't in stores yet." Pacified by the answer he reaches out his hand and Connor obliges. "Me and Kara have to go now. Why don't you show your Mom your amulet?" The kid nods and tears off in the direction of a short raven haired woman.

45 Minutes Later - Hotel Room

The 'couple' arrive at their room, opening the door to reveal the owner and chairman of STA.

"Ah, you've arrived. Connor, we need to talk about your match..."

To Be Continued...

I had done it. I was one step closer to my goal. As I lay in the floor while taking a good breather, there was a knock in the front door. To my (not so) surprise it was Chris and my dad (Jake) coming back from their little trip.

Chris: Hey, man nice to see you. I see that you’ve been working out and growing your hair.

Jake: You’re right Chris. You trying out a new look son?

Darren: Yeah, I’ve been too busy to go get a haircut and I’m starring to like this new look on me.

Jake: I’m going to unpack my things and get settled in.

As my dad went up the stairs I couldn’t help, but wonder what happened in that physiatrist’s office. So, as soon the opportunity open with my dad gone, I went over to Chris.

Darren: Okay, we are alone now. Tell me what happened in that doctor’s office.

Chris: As much as I would like to tell you what went on, I can’t. You see I gave the physiatrist my word that I wouldn’t tell you or anyone else what happened there. However, the doc did give me this to give to you.

As, Chris reached down to his duffle bag, I tried my hardest to see what it was. Finally, Chris brought the item to might sight and I couldn’t believe what it was.

Darren: A disc? That’s what that stupid doctor wanted me to have?

Chris: Well, the only thing the doctor told me was that only you knew when the time was right.

Darren: Are you sure you didn’t go see some hippie?

Chris: If it was a hippie then I want to go back there, because she was hot. Anyways, I need to take good nap. So, I’ll see you in the morning.

Darren: Okay, bye.

Now with Chris gone I could see what was in the disc. However, what Chris and that doctor said had made some sense. I felt as if the moment wasn’t right. Instead of playing it, I headed over to my room and putted the disc in a little black box. Once, the disc was in the box I had no choice, but to put the box away. I decided to put it a far away corner of my dressing room. With that out of the way I headed back to doing some more work outs.

***​

The night has come. It was the moment. Redemption. I was there sitting down in the locker room waiting for my championship match. When Leon comes in. He has a puzzled look on his face.

Darren: Looking for your dignity, Leon?

Leon: Look Darren, I don’t have the time for your childish jokes.

Darren: You finally are growing a back bone, Leon. I’m proud of you, but don’t ever use that back bone with me.

Leon: Fine, whatever. I just have to ask you something.

Darren: Shoot.

Leon: Have seen my microphone? I can’t seem to remember where I left it.

Darren: How unprofessional of you. And to answer your question: Maybe I have or maybe I haven’t.

Leon: Come on just give it. I’ll give you a free pass for an interview even after your actions on Aftershock.

I smiled when Leon said that and decided to give him his mic. The good thing he didn’t know was that I was the one who stole it. I got up from the wooden bench I sat on and prepared myself for the interview.

Leon: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time. This man is going to compete in the revival of the Mayhem Scramble match. This man defeated not one, but two man at Aftershock. He is also sporting a new look. He is Darren Bull!

Darren: WOW! You are getting better with these introductions.

Leon: Thanks, Darren. I want to congratulate on your new look. The long hair seems to work for you.

Darren: You aren’t getting homo with me, right?

Leon: No. Let me as well ask you on your thoughts on how you feel about being in the rebirth of the Scramble Match.

Darren: You see Leon; I was actually there that night of Kingdom Come II. The night of the last Mayhem Scramble match. I was able to see Killjoy walk into the arena as champion, but also see Scott Hammond walk out with that title.

Leon seems to chuckle a little bit, before he talks once more.

Leon: Yeah, I remember that night. I was able to interview Scott, before he went on to win the Mayhem Title.

Darren: You see Leon; history will repeat itself tonight. The Mayhem Champion will walk in as champ, but there will be a new champion coming out. His name is, Darren Bull!

Leon: I would also like to know what your thoughts on your opponents for tonight.

Darren: Let me start off with Stevenson Marquel. The guy has a bad knee and is an easy target for anyone. Not only that, but he has a rivalry with the current champ Ace Stevens. So, it’s obvious he’ll go after him the most with the twenty-five minutes. Then, we have a former champion, Justin Cooper. However, Justin’s High Society won’t help him out. He’ll be better off in jail with that police officer. Now, onto Connor Reese and Derek Jacobs. These two guys got handed the opportunity to participate in this match. Connor has had barely had one match in WZCW, so inexperience will play a part with him. Derek Jacobs knows about mayhem. His last two matches were contested under mayhem rules, so it’s obvious as hell that he will be sore. I just hate the fact he got handed this match when on AS, he lost his opportunity at the title. So, I’ll make sure he doesn’t score a single pin that way he never has that opportunity to call himself an ex-champion. Finally, we have reached the champion, Ace Stevens. He once sold out a whole arena by himself, but after tonight he will be called a “sell-out”.

Just as Leon was about to speak once more a backstage worker comes in. He tells me that I need to head out, because the match is about to start. So, I leave Leon there saying “Thank You” to the WZCW Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back