Remembering the shows:SCRUBS

Any007

Occasional Pre-Show
This is my first thread,so please be easy on me.I apologise if this has been done before.
scrubs.jpg

So,Scrubs is undoubtely one the greatest sitcoms of the past decade.
Scrubs is an American television series created in 2001 by Bill Lawrence and produced by ABC Studios. The show follows the lives of several employees of the fictional Sacred Heart, a teaching hospital. It features fast-paced screenplay, slapstick, and surreal vignettes presented mostly as the daydreams of the central character, Dr. John "J.D." Dorian, who is played by Zach Braff. The ninth season saw the transition from Braff as the central character to Kerry Bishé, who plays Lucy Bennett. The show's title is a play on surgical scrubs and a term for a low-ranking or insignificant person (at the beginning of the show, most of the main characters were medical interns, one of the lowest ranks in the medical hierarchy).
Alongside Braff, the first eight seasons of the show featured Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, Neil Flynn, Ken Jenkins, John C. McGinley and Judy Reyes in starring roles. In the ninth season, only Braff, Faison and McGinley were listed as regular cast members, while the rest, with the exception of Reyes, made guest appearances. Braff appeared in six episodes of the ninth season before departing. The ninth season also sees many new cast members introduced and shifts the show's setting from a hospital to a medical school. Kerry Bishé, Eliza Coupe, Dave Franco and Michael Mosley became series regulars, with Bishé becoming the show's new narrator.
A complete script was written for each episode of Scrubs; however, actors are given opportunities to improvise their lines during the shooting process. The series has featured multiple guest appearances by film actors not generally seen on episodic television, such as Brendan Fraser, Heather Graham, and Colin Farrell.
Scrubs premiered on October 2, 2001 on NBC. It received a Peabody Award in 2006 for "fearlessly smashing traditional comic formulas, all the while respecting the deepest emotional and moral issues of its life-and-death setting."[1] During the seventh season, NBC announced that it would not renew the show. Shortly after the seventh season finale, ABC announced that it had picked up the series for a new season and on January 6, 2009, the eighth season of Scrubs premiered on ABC. The ninth season, which premiered on December 1, 2009 on ABC, features several new cast members and is set at a new facility. On May 14, 2010, it was announced that Scrubs was officially canceled by ABC.[2]

Amazing.
This show is, by far, one of the funniest shows on TV. JD's narration and imaginative daydreams bring a new level to the show; it's like you're seeing it from his point of view, though the narration does sometime switch between characters in some episodes. Alcohol/Drugs - JD often makes remarks aobut his trademark appletinis - his favorite drink at the local bar.

I love Scrubs. Dr Cox is one of the best characters I have seen in a long time. He is absolutely hilarious, and all the other cast members including Turk, The Janitor, The Todd, and Dr Kelso are all brilliant, and perfectly cast.

Although JD is the main character, he is probably my least favourite as I do find the guy slightly irritating, but overall it is a great show.

I wasnt a fan of the latest series with the new cast members, but pretty much every other episode is brilliant. My favourite aspects from the show are Dr Cox's epic insults and the Janitor vs JD storyline that ran throughout.

I missed Scrubs during its initial run, but tend to watch repeats in the morning before work when I have nothing going on. I like most of the characters, but I find the core of the group of J.D., Turk, Carla and Elliott to be borderline obnoxious. If it weren't for Dr. Cox or the janitor I probably wouldn't be able to tolerate the show. I just have no interest in these characters failing/succeeding and even when they try to have the occasional moment that they're obviously wanting us to care about these characters progressing like Carla and Turk's pregnancy/Child, I just don't care at all.

Funny at times, but has never made me feel any need to sit down and watch all the episodes .

Scrubs was one of my favorite series. I didn't get into until around season 5 though because all my other series I was watching were ending at that time. When my other shows ended I needed a new show to fill in the spot and I watched part of seasons 3 and 4 and was already familar with the show. And when I started watching it became one of my top 5 favorite shows. I loved the show a lot for the interactions between the Janitor and J.D.s interactions. I just had to see what the Janitor was going to do next. Even thought the show was a comedy they had a fair amount of sad shows and were able to bring out a few tears from me. Ben's, Laverne's, and the girl who had the rabies in S5 were excellent episode's that showed how Scrubs can bring out the emotions and be an excellent drama show too.

I also think The Season Eight Series finale is by far the greatest finale of all time. They definately raised the bar and I tend to measure any series finale by Scrubs standards now. Truly an EPIC FINALE.

As far as Season 9 goes I think they could have been given another season. Obviously when you take out 90% of your main cast and replace them with a new cast ratings won't remain the same and will go down. However before they were cancelled and Zach officially left the show I felt the new cast was finally starting to develop and I recognized the ratings were finally starting to go back up. Anyway Seasons 1-8 are the best.

Scrubs is my favorite show of all time. I love it. I have every season on DVD, I've seen every episode, and can pretty much live a day or two speaking in just Scrubs quotes.

I actually didnt watch the first few seasons live. I caught on to the show through reruns and I was hooked. I recorded every episode they showed, every day, and watched right when I got home from school. Soon, I saw all of them and started watching them when they are originally shown around season 6.

Of course the show is known for its humor, which is why I fell in love with the show. Its my kind of humor. Also, the cast is fantastic and they have the perfect mix of personalities. However, the thing that I really admire about the show is the writing. Bill Lawrence and his writers know exactly how to add drama when needed, such as in the epsiodes My Lunch and My Screw Up. Also, I love how each story seems separate at first, but in the end, they can all be summed up the same way.

It was a great show that I think will continue to make people laugh for years to come.

I think the best comedies are always based around drama and the resulting characters that you grow to care about, it's very well being funny but eventually you need an anchor or it's really just stuff happening and nothing else (something South Park suffers from somewhat).
Scrubs might be the very best example there is of an exceptional comedy blending with at times heartbreaking drama and that is probably why it might be my favourite show ever, a title that it didn't full earn from Lost until the last 5 minutes of Scrubs finale, which in my mind is the most perfectly beautiful ending to any show I've ever seen.

I definitely love this show. I think my favorite part of the show were always the bit players though. The Todd, Ted, Jordan and Dr. Kelso (To a lesser extent) and likes of them. Definitely a great cast that all had some serious comedic chops. My favorite episodes were like everyone mentions, the ones that had some serious dramatic moments going on. The one where everyone wonders how Kelso can be so heartless and not care at the end of the day, that look on his face at the end of the episode is heartbreaking and he tries to cover it up as he walks past J.D. and Turk, simply great acting. And Ted is just hilarious. Every line they wrote for that guy and every line he improvised is gold.

Braff might be my least favorite character besides Turk and Carla. Elliot I do find pretty funny just because of some of the weird things she says and her extreme bad luck. FRICK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back