Report- WWE Superstar Leaving This Summer

As others have said; His has been a career defined by a single question, What if?

Nevertheless, it still bugs me that he didn't come out as #30 in the 2014 Royal Rumble as that would have got him hugely over as a heel with that toxic Anti-Batista crowd. He also could have done the role Kane was given in the Authority also, lMO, and I do feel it would have been well-received by the majority.

All Hail, King Barrett!

You know, i see current situation with injuries as a biggest opportunity for the talented guys in recent memory. Go out there and make the crowd work for you, Vince will gladly push you to the moon. Don't act like a sore loser.

I'm dreading the day Cesaro says enough is enough, I'm outta here.
One of my worst dreams ever. He is my most favorite wrestler in WWE. (Sorry, Paige :p) I hope that never happens or I am gonna surely gonna cry and that crying would be worse than that due to Bryan's retirement speech.:disappointed:

About Barrett, Its really a Bad News for me as I loved him. He is gold on mic and I have been angry as well as surprised on him not being the mouthpiece of the stable League Of Nations. I would love it if he joins on commentary. :blush:

About his career, I think its more of his booking's fault. He is really atleast an upper midcarder and I would want him in main event scene too. When his booking was wrong, He was healthy andtgen vice-versa. So fault of destiny and WWE Creative.

As his fan, I would want him to join TNA, RoH, NJPW etc but only if he is healthy enough.

He and Cesaro are really headliners of all underutilized wrestlers in WWE. :rolleyes:

:devil:

Health concerns are always to be considered when talent says "I'm not staying when my time is up" or maybe he's made his money and is ready to move onto something else. Fact of the matter is though, should still be a concern to WWE in the fact that this is the third talent so far this year to ask for a release and or confirm they are not resigning. Obviously Wade and Bryan are unhappy, of course Bryan would have a deaht wish to step in the ring elsewhere. It still should be of a concern to the WWE that talent wants to leave.

It's a pity he's decided to call it quits with WWE, he certainly was a 'nearly man', his injuries have held him back over the last while, I can see why WWE are a little reluctant to push him, but these things happen.

As for his future, he could go to Japan, with his record and accomplishments it would be an easy choice & possibly join The Bullet Club, but with the style they work over there it may be too much of a risk given Barrett's injuries.

I think TNA is a perfect fit for him, they've got a few British guys on the roster and he could instantly be slotted into the main event scene as a face or a heel, not to mention a schedule which has virtually no house shows.

According to multiple sources, WWE star Wade Barrett has given notice to the WWE that he will be leaving the company when his current contract expires in June. Wade is said to be unhappy with his current role in the company.

It is well known that Wade has been plagued with injuries during his WWE career, including a current neck injury that is keeping him out of action.

Wade made a big impact to start his career as the leader of The Nexus, and had a good look, but failed to find consistent main event work. Some feel that Wade was underutilized in his career, with some even saying he could have been WWE's first British World Champion and that the WWE dropped the ball at Survivor Series 2010 by having Randy Orton go over.

Regardless of how you feel, you never want to see a guy snake bitten like Wade was with injuries, but at 35, do you see him making an impact outside the WWE? Do you feel he should have been World Champion? Discuss it all here.

It's possible. I'm sure working with a smaller company, he won't have to work so many dates which will reduce the risk of injury. Yeah he should have been world champion. BNB was taking off. I hate they never gave him a signature win, turn him face or stuck with the BNB gimmick.

I'm hoping at some point before he leaves, he gets kicked out of LON, turns face and gets a win over Rusev/ADR/Sheamus.

I think he's done everything he's gonna do in WWE. It's a sin he had so many injuries and really couldn't get any momentum going. Maybe working in a smaller company with fewer dates will be just the thing he needs to turn it around.

He was great in Nexus but the angle was quickly buried.

He looked like a main event superstar in that stable and should of been a world champion.

It looked like he was about to get the big push again when he began feuding with Randy Orton but he got injured.

I think WWE wanted to push Wade but were hesitant as he was injury prone the same situation with Mr. Kennedy.

I reckon he would get superstar treatment if he decides to go to TNA.
Or maybe have success in NJPW working strong style.
He's a good talent, good ring work, good promo skills, good look.
He should do fine.

It would be a shame if he does leave. Barrett has had horrendous luck with injuries at the worst possible times. The Barrett Barrage storyline, the Fight Club gimmick, the injury that cost him his rumored Money In The Bank win, and right in the middle of the Bad News gimmick. He hasn't had the best luck with booking either it seems. What exactly did King Of The Ring do for him? There was that ridiculous feud with R-Truth where Truth ran around with a plunger and a poorly made "cape". That's it. Don't even get me started on The Corre and how stupid that useless stable was. I've been a fan of Barrett ever since NXT Season 1 and of course the original Nexus.

He will never regain the momentum he had with the original Nexus and his NXT Season 1 win. That was 5 and a half years ago. Other than a few Intercontinental Championship reigns, none of which were memorable (I don't blame Barrett for that though), he has nothing to show for his success since then. The WWE had a chance to make him a relevant threat again but injuries that cost him the rumored Money In The Bank win and the abrupt end to the Bad News gimmick, ruined everything. They had a chance again with King Of The Ring but nothing came from that. Too bad. I genuinely feel bad for the guy and can see why he wishes to leave if that is in fact the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back