Revitalise the Tag Team Division

A few teams I really want to see are -

Truth and JTG - I've been saying this since JTG and Shad split, I think these two would make a great team long term and would be really over with the crowed.

Chris Masters and Cody Rhodes - Both guys have gimmicks that would mesh really well together and both are rather irrelevant in the singles division. I think this would make a great heel tag team.

Evan Bourne & Kaval-Two great high-flyers that are not going to be in the
mainevent ever. Kaval is jobbing on smackdown and Bourne wasn't really doing anything before his injury. Put them together and they could end up being the MCMG of WWE.

I like this idea. Both of them are hampered by their size and will most likely never get anything going for them as singles competitors. They could be like London and Kendrick except not total crap. However I don't think they would be anything like MCMG.

One pairing that would also be intresting at some point would be Daniel Bryan and Kaval.There's a good number of people that seem to associate these two (internet wise anyways), so why not put these two together? Although that wouldn't happen anytime soon seeing as how well Bryan has been doing lately.

The All American Masterpiece- Chris Masters and Jack Swagger... I just love the name both are also irrelevant right now.

Darren Young and Percy Watson- These two were a team in FCW I believe. I also think Percy could get Darren Young over like Santino did with Kozlov, since he was very over on NXT.

Alex Riley and Zack Ryder- I have no idea why. But I think it could work.

Regally Golden - William Regal and Goldust. They could easily get over with the classic 'we're fed up of being overlooked' storyline. Its almost as edgy as you can get storyline wise in the PG era and could incorporate them working a stiff old skool style in.
I think it would also work great in this era with the level of humour that could arise between the characters interaction. They are both different in persona, but have similar in ring styles and it would make better use of two wrestlers who aren't doing much else. I don't even believe that either has the fan status of being able to get other wrestlers over at the moment, as Gloldust's feud with Dibiase highlighted.

Fortunate Sons (Ted Dibiase & Joe Henning)-I've seen them tag before outside of WWE and they make one great tag team. WWE needs to change McGuillicuty's name back to Henning asap.
The fortunate sons would work, and (if i'm remembering correctly) when Joe was in fcw, he was a team with Ted's brother, Brett. When Brett comes up to wwe, these three could make a legacy-like stable. Brett and Joe can tag obviously, and Ted worked with both of them before. I see no bad things(early on) for them if this happens.

I'd like to see Ezekiel Jackson and Mark Henry turn heel and team, with somebody as a mouthpiece/manager. Because they are on the roster, like it or not, and are doing nothing as singles...and it somewhat pains me to see Henry be a jobber. They could actually do some damage as a team, and eventual help another team or two get over. I'd like to see any of your suggestions, I really think that with the size of the roster, and all that tv time, they have enough resources to put over a tag team division if they'd start caring about it again.

Meh, why bother? Don't get me wrong, tag team wrestling can be a lot of fun, and there are some memorable matches out there that can show you why tag team wrestling is great entertainment, but right now the WWE doesn't need to waste its time on tag teams.

The most important thing to remember is that, generally, tag teams just sort of happen. You can force a group of guys together and sometimes that will work. I think that's what happened with John Morrison and The Miz, and they worked pretty well together, but I mostly think tag teams just sort of happen, and then they take off. The WWE should not be trying to make any new tag teams right now. When they get an interesting pair and put them together, there will be magic (it's happening now with Santino and Kozlov), but it's not something that they can force.

Additionally, while the WWE has tons of superstars, who could they put into the tag team division that will really draw besides Santino? The Nexus team seems to be done, the Usos aren't that interesting... go down the RAW and Smackdown rosters and tell me who you think would make an interesting tag team wrestler. The only person that I can think of is Zack Ryder, but he'd need somebody to compliment his guido persona, and there's nobody who could pull that off right now.

The WWE tag division will be like this for a while, with a few teams and then a bunch of superstars stuck together, like Rhodes and McIntyre. Eventually we may get a tag team that really draws, but until then, just enjoy it for what it is.

I have been saying this FOREVER, this is the first thins I would improve upon I mean think of most of the great they STARTED in tag team, WE NEED tag team, I hate the fact that the hart dynasty (even tho I hate them) are feuding its SO stupid

WE NEED TAG TEAM WRESTLING

- dear modS, I have tried to type ALL I can on the existing subject, not use one liners and included the basis of the title or the thread in my post several times and used spell check in order NOT to get warned.

Thank you

- THE GAME

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back