Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
r2godfathervaliens_zps3268ae87.jpg

Round 2: Godfather Part 2 vs. Aliens

This poll will close on Thursday, October 25th at 2am PT (ish)​

Horrible match-up for Aliens here. As much as I love Aliens, I have to go with The Godfather Part II.

It's strange, because both films have produced the heated "it's better than the original!" argument, but The Godfather II is superior to Aliens in every way. Directing, acting, and writing. You name it, and The Godfather II still surpasses Aliens. Al Pacino delivers a masterful performance, as the evil and cold-hearted Don. And you can make an argument for Robert De Niro as the better Vito Corleone.

Upon its release, The Godfather was considered to be the standard for American filmmaking. It's surpassed expectations, and eventually, The Godfather became one of the most influential films in the history of cinema. And despite all of the overwhelming amounts of tremendous praise, The Godfather II STILL challenges the original, as the best film in the series. It's an impressive feat, that deserves admiration.

There's just very little to say or that needs to be said here. You watch Godfather II and it just oozes class and style from every pore. Even if you don't like the subject matter (and I don't), it's damn near flawless in every aspect. Nothing James Cameron could make will ever come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back