Screen Peeking

911 JP

Love the sig!
I have a question about multi player games. When me and my mates play games such as Call of duty MW2 i admit from time to time i screen peek. My brother and mates argue that screen peeking and using map ruins games. i disagree i think it allows for more action in games especially FPS. What do you guys think? Does screen peeking and using maps in COD MW2 ruin it and make it unrealistic, not fun?

PS this will settle a great argument for me.

ok let me start off by saying I screen peek I mean its almost impossible not too but that doesnt make it ok I mean if im playing a game and i see my friend coming up behind me on their screen i kno i shouldnt see it and i kno i kind of deserve to die but i just cant just stand there and let it happen so i run screenpeeking every once in a while is ok but if you do it every game you start to become a dick.

Screen peeking completely ruins the whole point of the game which is to find your enemy before he finds you and kill him. If you know where he is or you know he's sneaking up on you it completely ruins the fun, so why do it?

I agree with both sides. I think it's cheating to an extent but at the same time if your friends REALLY cared if you saw them on the same screen, they'd just party up on a different tv.

I do think that screen peaking does hurt you in the long run though and you get used to it and then you suck online. It's happened to many of my friends. They will destroy me on 1v1 or even 4 man free for alls, but when we get online they get slaughtered.

Well I can't get online play so I've had to deal with screen peeking forever. And frankly it's turned me off FPS's for a long time now.

You finally get a good hiding spot and you get like 2 sniping shots and then it's ruined by my asshole brother darting his eyes over 5 inches. Yeah, that's real fun.

We actually got around this on 1 vs. 1 by duct taping a blanket so it made a tent for the bottom screen player. It actually worked but it was a bitch to put up.

Screen peeking loses all the fun of the game.

I play H3 (Halo) and I never screen look and we play with radars off because I wanna play and see how well my skills are and see if I can pull of the no-scope (also known as the "GET POOPED ON!") or 4 shot someone. This makes it a lot more rewarding if you win and if you lose you can't blame it on the other person. You can work to get better.

That's just me.

The blanket idea is interesting, ill try this and see if it solves the problem.

Umm I think he was joking lol anyway you could try it but it would take a while to put up and take down believe me I've tried I think screen peeking is like regular cheating you know you shouldn't but if you do DONT GET CAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

Umm I think he was joking lol anyway you could try it but it would take a while to put up and take down believe me I've tried I think screen peeking is like regular cheating you know you shouldn't but if you do DONT GET CAUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

Yeah I wasn't. Just if you're going to do the blanket thing get something more durable than duct tape as a adhesive.

Screen Peeking is more than just regular cheating, it takes advantage of the local experience and reminds you it's all just a game. What a bitch.

I tried the blanket idea but it became too much of a job before every game, and when three players play it doesnt work and that is when the problem is the worst. Me and my brother play and we try hard to not screen peak because we want it to be a fair realistic and good game, but a friend that reguarly comes over, who we always play cod with is not only obsessed with winning, but is the worst sport in the world, constantly screen peaks and lies about it. I have learnt to gain fun from the game by pissing him of by cheating, screen peeking soly on him and ruining the game for him, he generaly now has a tantrum over the game every time we play, most immature 16 yo ever!:shrug:

If you’re playing poker, or any other card game, and you look at your opponents cards, is that cheating? Of course it is, and screen peeking is the video game equivalent of looking at someone’s hands in a card game, or looking at your opponents ship layout in a game of Battleship.

Screen peeking is definitely cheating, but sometimes it’s 100% accidental as our eyes are naturally trained to move towards action, and if there happens to be more action and movement on your friend’s screen, sometimes you’ll unintentionally look at his or her screen.

Screen peeking does not ruin a game. It's called figuring out where your opponent is. Granted some people have certain maps of their favorite games memorized. Good for them. Some of us have lives and don't know the full layout to the maps. When we want to find our opponent, looking at their portion of the screen is not a big deal. Even if you are playing against someone else in a game like Modern Warfare 2 and look over at their tv screen, it's the same as looking at an opponent's half of the screen in Goldeneye. You are just trying to figure out where your opponent is, which is completely acceptable and not against any unwritten rules of gaming. Those who complain about screen peeking need to grow up and find more important things to worry about.

Screen peeking does not ruin a game.

Yea, actually it does, Modern Warfare 2 is a war-battle simulation, it is meant to be real, giving you a chance to see what war is like, while fun, in your own home, seeing where someonelse is by looking at their screen Is cheating and DOES make it much less fun.

Yea, actually it does, Modern Warfare 2 is a war-battle simulation, it is meant to be real, giving you a chance to see what war is like, while fun, in your own home, seeing where someonelse is by looking at their screen Is cheating and DOES make it much less fun.

Modern Warfare is as much a simulation of war as *********ion is a simulation of consentual sex. If you want realism, go to war! The fun debate is pointless really, for some it enhances the fun [y'know, when someone insists on camping and constantly making you come to them, fuck 'em, it's much more fun to ruin their camping than it is to wander around blindly being picked off], for others [the aforementioned campers and hardcore 'no radar' crew] it may detract from the fun. In the end it's a matter of preference, we might as well debate our favourite ice cream flavours.

Screen watching is something everyone can do, is often hard not to do, is totally not worth complaining about. Besides, Screen watching only gives you any sort of advantage in split-screen gaming, an advantage which immediately becomes a disadvantage when you take away that ability [such as playing system link and online].

If you’re playing poker, or any other card game, and you look at your opponents cards, is that cheating? Of course it is, and screen peeking is the video game equivalent of looking at someone’s hands in a card game, or looking at your opponents ship layout in a game of Battleship.

For the card comparison, sure it's like looking at your opponents cards, if you happen to play Poker with your cards facing your opponent.

My view on screen watching is simple, for someone to expect people not to look at what's on the screen in front of them is plain ridiculous. Plus if it helps you figure out where some lazy prick is camping I'm all for it. Fuck campers.

Reactions: Lee

Nope, wrong. Modern Warfare is a VIDEO GAME. Games are not meant to be real. The whole point of video games is a fun escape from reality into a world that does not exist, no matter how real its inspirations were. Screen peeking is a way to win at a game, and last time I checked, when you play a game you want to win. It's not cheating because if it were, it would be posted in the manual/guide or official website as such. Does it say so anywhere? Bingo. It's not cheating and does not ruin the game unless someone is bothered enough by it to complain, when they could just practice at the game until they are awesome enough to defeat any screen peeker. Now there's a great game player, someone who can defeat screen peekers without screen peeking themselves!

Nope, wrong. Modern Warfare is a VIDEO GAME. Games are not meant to be real. The whole point of video games is a fun escape from reality into a world that does not exist, no matter how real its inspirations were. Screen peeking is a way to win at a game, and last time I checked, when you play a game you want to win. It's not cheating because if it were, it would be posted in the manual/guide or official website as such. Does it say so anywhere? Bingo. It's not cheating and does not ruin the game unless someone is bothered enough by it to complain, when they could just practice at the game until they are awesome enough to defeat any screen peeker. Now there's a great game player, someone who can defeat screen peekers without screen peeking themselves!

True, but if all three players agree to NOT screen peek, then 1 does, makes it obvious and then plain out lies about it and denies it, it is WRONG and CHEATING is it not? Mainly we try to make it as real as possible but its become more of a painful job when playing.

True, but if all three players agree to NOT screen peek, then 1 does, makes it obvious and then plain out lies about it and denies it, it is WRONG and CHEATING is it not? Mainly we try to make it as real as possible but its become more of a painful job when playing.

In that instance, yes, that would be cheating. See me, I wouldn't agree to not screen watch. It's just too counter-intuitive.

Way I see it you've got three options...

1 - Stop gaming with this dude.

2 - Stop agreeing to not screen watch.

3 - Stop giving a shit.

Option 3 can be coupled with secret option 4 - Cheat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back