So, How Do You Guys Feel About The Rosters?

Who is going to be Raw's top face? Finn Balor? Seth Rollins? Things are looking good for Cesaro. Heck, maybe Kevin Owens turns face because Reigns sure won't be THE GUY for now. Back to Balor will he align with Gallows & Anderson? Will Balor jump into a feud with Rollins? Maybe he'll start a feud with Y2J or Sheamus? The intrigue with Balor will keep me watching Raw.

The veterans will bring in more fans than the nobodies that casual fans don't know. The young guys need to be on RAW, because that's the show casuals are going to watch. Get them known for the future. Right now, how are you going to get a casual fan who only watches occasionally, to tune in to SmackDown? "Come see SmackDown, live on Tuesday nights! We have Baron Corbin, American Alpha, Mojo Rawley, Kalisto, Tyler Breeze, and Apollo Crews!" The casual fan's reaction is, "Who in the flying f*** are those people?". Replace those names with the veterans I'd move over from RAW (where they're just going to be buried anyway), and even if 25% of the casual fans will tune in to see The Dudley Boyz or Sheamus or The Big Show, that's more than 0%. Casuals are going to watch RAW regardless, what's essential is getting them to watch SmackDown. Young nobodies they don't know won't do that.

Again that's why cena, orton & to an extent kane are their, to bring in casual viewers. Anyway, casual fans don't watch wwe programming until wrestlemania season anyway so really who cares if their able to get casual fans to watch smackdown or not, they don't even watch raw so by your logic, would it make sense to keep some veterans on raw to attract casual fans as well.

the fact is that smackdown needs to attract the hardcores fans that watch raw every week and these guys won't watch smackdown for somebody like sheamus or big show or even jericho but they will watch for aj styles, they will watch for american alpha and the nobodies like you call them. Plus smackdown will get a boost from the cena fans that will watch smackdown because it's cena's show so in a way, I think smackdown got the best odf both world, they got something to attract the hardcore fans who stop watching smackdown andd got the biggest star in the company outside of lesnar to attract the casual fans so why not let some of the veterans on raw to try and help raw keep is audience instead of shipping all of them on smackdown.

Meh, and I've never said "meh" so hard before in my entire life.

I realize they have to jazz it up and make a big show of what they're doing, but I ended up quitting Smackdown after three quarters of the drafts were picked and tuned into the 2nd day of the RNC. The drafts were less "OH MY GOD!" and more "Uh huh, super." Apart from the commentator shake-up and Finn being called up, it was just another boring-ass episode of Smackdown.

Becky Lynch got the shortest end of the stick of anyone. I really don't get what they don't like about her. She's great in the ring, good on the mic, way over as a babyface, good on social media, supposedly very well liked in the locker room. She never got the NXT title and now, she's further from the Women's title.

Anyway, I think overall RAW has the stronger roster. However, I do see some great potential main event feuds on Smackdown. When Corbin was in NXT I immediately told one of my buddies that he should feud with Randy Orton. Hopefully, we see that. I think Orton will feud with AJ and that should be cool.... What do they do with John Cena though??

The women's roster on SD is a joke and a half. They're gonna have to do something to make it meaningful. Maybe a Women's Intercontinental Championship?

Meh, and I've never said "meh" so hard before in my entire life.

I realize they have to jazz it up and make a big show of what they're doing, but I ended up quitting Smackdown after three quarters of the drafts were picked and tuned into the 2nd day of the RNC. The drafts were less "OH MY GOD!" and more "Uh huh, super." Apart from the commentator shake-up and Finn being called up, it was just another boring-ass episode of Smackdown.

That's the way I was for the majority of the Draft, due to them taking such low-level stars with TV picks. I was always a SmackDown guy, cheering whenever they got a big name (like Triple H in 2004, for the 8 seconds that lasted) and getting pissed off when they lost a big star (like King Booker in 2007, I broke my remote when they drafted him to RAW). I used to watch every Draft with my best friend (who is deceased now) and it's not much fun without someone rooting for the other "team" to get all the good picks.

There's a big hint regarding the rosters:

RAW HAS EVERY PAST NXT CHAMPION.

This is yet another indicator that RAW will try to combine the already existing casual fans with the hardcore fanbase and create new stars, since it's the flagship show.
So that SD will get in casual fans, since household names were drafted there.

I think this also answers the question as to why Zayn and Owens are on the same roster.

Nice job WWE. I like the way you think.

Now I also see why every big hit NXT had is on RAW: Enzo & Cass, Sasha Banks, Paige and Charlotte. Plus, every NXT Women's Champion is on RAW as well.

There's a big hint regarding the rosters:

RAW HAS EVERY PAST NXT CHAMPION.

This is yet another indicator that RAW will try to combine the already existing casual fans with the hardcore fanbase and create new stars, since it's the flagship show.
So that SD will get in casual fans, since household names were drafted there.

I think this also answers the question as to why Zayn and Owens are on the same roster.

Nice job WWE. I like the way you think.

Now I also see why every big hit NXT had is on RAW: Enzo & Cass, Sasha Banks, Paige and Charlotte. Plus, every NXT Women's Champion is on RAW as well.

That was an excellent observation. NXT has been a hit with hardcore fans and can be a great feeder system for WWE. The plan to populate the 3 hour show with NXT standouts is a great one. Smackdown getting more of the known names will get some attention to the blue brand.

We all have to wait and see though. The reset button was hit. WWE will be a different product after Battleground. The stars of the 2 brands going forward may be drastically different than what we're used to. We have to see what happens before we can make any real judgements on the new rosters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back