Strikeforce/M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
This is the prediction contest for Strikeforce and M-1 Global Present: Fedor vs. Werdum! DO NOT post your picks in this thread. PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start, which should be around 6:00 p.m. EST. Any picks submitted after that point will not count.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. There is ONE title fight on this card.

Here are two examples of correct predictions:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
Winner: Rampage (6)
Method of Victory: Decision

A correct prediction here would net 8 points. If you predict a decision, that is how you should go about predicting it.

If you have any questions as to how the confidence points work, it's a simple system that you can find more information about here:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=2105693&postcount=5

or

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpost.php?p=2105696&postcount=6

Chances are, your question will be answered in one of those two posts.

I'll be sending my predictions to JMT225 so there is no suspicion of cheating.

This will be a card for fun. In other words, a win here will not get you a title shot. However, the title will be on the line between Marquis, Baller, and Rizza.

Here are the fights we will be predicting. There are FIVE total fights, so assign your confidence points accordingly. Use the provided link to help you pick fights.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Fabricio Werdum
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Strikeforce Middleweight Women's Title:
Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos vs. Jan Finney
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Scott Smith vs. Cung Le
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Josh Thomson vs. Pat Healy
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Again, another great turnout that was more than what I anticipated. Thanks so much for participating. The great turnout for these makes them very worthwhile to do, and the fact that this card didn't even count for title contention, and we still had 11 participants is awesome. I have a feeling next weekend is going to be huge for UFC 116, so please keep participating, it's been a success and it's all been thanks to you guys.

For the record, we all picked Fedor. If anyone had picked Werdum to win, I probably would have just given them an immediate title shot. If anything though, this card also showed me that we absolutely need to count prelim fights when we do these prediction contests in order to make sure ties are very limited.

No Excel spreadsheet this time around. If you didn't resubmit picks, I just adjusted the confidence points.

11 Pts: - Senor Truth, GuyCompton
10 Pts: - IndyJon
9 Pts: - JMT225, Fizzy, Buffalo Dave
8 Pts: - Rizza, Whistler, Marquis
7 Pts: - Superman Punch
6 Pts: - Boxer38

Again, thanks so much for participating, guys.

I forgot to resubmit once the fight changed. Granted, it was my 1 so it didn't make much of a difference. I was thinking of swapping Fedor with Cyborg, since she probably should be fighting men out there, and she was up against someone who's .500. How are we going to do the next title match now?

This was just for fun. Rizza and Baller are owed their title shot at Marquis for 116. I wasn't really ever planning making this card count for the title picture between the lack of fights announced and how they were at the time really easy to call.

And yeah, the way I adjusted for you was that I just subtracted your confidence points by one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back