Summer Songs

ARLO

On A Break From Sig Requests
Basically, I'm here to pose a request to everyone in the northern hemisphere.

You're summer has just ended and I'm assuming the early Autumn weather is still nice.
I live in Australia so our winter's just ended and the weather is already on the up. The mercury sits around a comfortable 20 degrees (C) most days. It can get up to at least 40 (104F) in the summer months.

But enough of that. I'm on the look out for summer jams, songs you can just kick back with during summer. I'm sure you guys have a heap to share with me since you're just out of summer.

Share them in here, I'd love to get them onto my Ipod before summer kicks in. I'll also post some of my findings.

As soon as the warm weather comes out, I pretty much end up turning up the Drum and Bass. Something in me kicks in - anything by Pendulum, especially "The Island" (which had summer soundtrack written all over it IMO) - usually is the way I go for summer.

As soon as the warm weather comes out, I pretty much end up turning up the Drum and Bass. Something in me kicks in - anything by Pendulum, especially "The Island" (which had summer soundtrack written all over it IMO) - usually is the way I go for summer.

That's pretty interesting actually.

I like D&B but I wouldn't have considered it to have a summer feel. I usually swing more for reggae or mellow hip-hop. But I'll give it a go.

I don't know what sort of rep these guys have in the US (but it's the US so they're bound to have haters), but I really like them:

Schwayze & Cisco. This especially:
[YOUTUBE]Bl1eane8Nos&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KqgHosrqJ8o&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]
This song has that summer feel all over it. Hearing this song makes me want to chill out at the beach with a beer.

Well the reason i'm posting this song is pretty self explanitory but yeah. Really any Kenny Chesney song is a good summer/beach song :rolleyes:
[YOUTUBE]BWSn0JFRiPI[/YOUTUBE]

Also here's a good one from Jack Ingram, not a huge fan of most of his stuff but this is a fun hot weather one.
[YOUTUBE]cyVs9y2-phs&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

You can't have a summer songs thread without this one!

Love this, its not usually what I would listen to, but just hearing it puts me in a summer mood, perfect for when the sun is shining, the girls are stripping and the beers are ice cold!

[YOUTUBE]J7drvhZwPcs[/YOUTUBE]

I actually prefer the Tiesto remix alot more than the original

[YOUTUBE]U38AErQ81wk[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the contributions JWGunslinger & Naitch.
I think I'd be more inclined to listen to Naitch's suggestion. I can't stand country on any level. I can see why some would like it though and I respect it's storytelling.

Here are 2 new artists from me.

Miami Horror

[YOUTUBE]WF8dt1hpZ9M[/YOUTUBE]
These guys just have a breezy, happy feel to their music. They're also from my hometown of Melbourne, Australia.

Ziggy Marley

[YOUTUBE]3lrKdBI-3G4[/YOUTUBE]
The best musician of all time's son. Well, one of his sons. They're all great.
This is off Ziggy's new album Wild & Free. Check it out.

Thanks everybody. Keep up the suggestions :lmao:

[YOUTUBE]OM9uMJWtNww[/YOUTUBE]

The song in itself is hardly a classic RHCP song, but, it reminds me of summer, the music video, the lyrics and everything about the song gets you in the mood to enjoy a nice day out in the sunshine with friends and family, if you know what I mean! Also, seeing Anthony with grillz is hilarious!

There She Goes - The La's
[YOUTUBE]eu2iv-vMKT8[/YOUTUBE]​

Light-hearted and breezy with a killer hook. This, to me, is the ultimate summer song. Who'd have thought that it's about heroin? It's true, it's really true. Despite the subject matter, it deserves it's place on any summer playlist.

However, the music that sound-tracked my summer was dominated by Cee Lo Green's The Lady Killer. It's an incredible album. It's got a good mixture of styles from traditional pop to R&B to hip-hop all served with a healthy dose of soul. It has a good dynamic as an album too. Some of the songs are heavy (Bodies, for example), while a few are a lot lighter (Fuck You or It's OK). But regardless, Green gives a great vocal performance on all of them. This is one of my favourite tracks, Wildflower.

[YOUTUBE]3UwFRbJ0P_g[/YOUTUBE]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back